Friday, December 18, 2009
Wow, what a nine months it's been! Here's a snap shot:
1. I've gone from 242 to 213.
2. I've cleaned out my kitchen and stocked it with good things and more importantly I've developed a taste for those good things--for instance, I literally crave spinach!
3. I rode my road bike 2,500 miles this year and logged over 15,000 fitness minutes.
4. I surpassed every personal cycling record this year and blew a couple of them out of the water, for instance, I completed my annual 300 mile MS charity ride at an average speed of 18.0 mph whereas my former best was 15.4!
5. I've inspired my wife, daughter, bro-in-law, and several friends to pursue a healthy lifestyle as well and I didn't even intend to do that!
6. I have so much more energy and joy, as well as joy in food.
7. And finally, I just surpassed 25,000 Spark Points!
It's been a very good year and I'm VERY thankful to God! I pray that 2010 will be even better as I strive to get to 190-195, put in 25,000 fitness minutes, and blow my cycling records out of the water again!