Saturday, January 08, 2011
I'm back again. I made it through a personally challenging fall - hard college classes, lots of office work, family adjustments, and a hurt back. I didn't gain much weight (3-4 pounds), though I lost some of my fitness. I'm pretty happy with where I am.
I really like the idea of a fresh start, so here I am trying again. I've even got a slogan - Budge the Pudge in 2011.
I'm going to go with what I like, be more consistent with daily habits and work on my diet - as in eating well for life, not a "diet."
1. I like biking outside so my first goal is to get to 18 mph so I can join some group rides starting in April 2011. I'll keep biking on the local trails on the weekend & add two gym workouts per week with some training podcasts.
2. I love yoga, so I'll keep up with the yoga classes 3 or 4 times per week. I'll add a daily yoga challenge to build my home practice. That starts on January 10.
3. I love swimming, so I'll work swimming into my new weekly schedule. Still working on the 0-1600 workout & that's just fine.
4. The daily walk - I don't like getting up & getting out, but I'm going to give it a try. BUT I'm going to pack my walking shoes, etc., with me daily so I can get one in right after work.
5. Eat well. Wine on Sat/Sun only. Dessert once per week. Up the fruits & vegetables. Eat breakfast at home!!!
6. Get some sleep.
7. Use my new droid to access Sparkpeople & track calories & fitness, post to the blog etc.
All righty then. Here I go again - time to leave the 170s behind for good!!