Thursday, November 07, 2013
So I have been reading some SPpl's blogs about them going for a run, or running a marathon, or a 5K, and I really wanted to try. So I have been trying slowly but surely, at night, in the elementary school yard across the street, and at first I couldn't even jog 15 seconds (I was counting in my head). So then I told myself, stop counting and just put your cell phone's stop watch on in your pocket (I push the button when I just start jogging my first foot fwd). Slowly, it went from 2min 16 seconds, to then 4min 24 seconds then 4 mins 47 seconds!! :D I was soooo happy!!!
But I have noticed that when I jog (I don't say run bc I consider running really fast, what I do is really slow, it's a jog) I don't go very far in distance, but my heart beats much faster. For instance, if I were speed walking, say in those 4 mins 47 sec I could walk a farther distance and my heart wouldn't be beating that fast. Can someone explain that to me?
Also, what do you do when the weather starts getting more chilly? When I jogged those 4.47 and I came in, I started sweating sooo much (I wasn't sweating outside really bc it was chilly here in Montreal a few days ago) but then I developed a sore throat. So how do you dress up to go jog/run without overheating yourselves and not under dressing yourselves?
Just wanted to thank you all for your inspiration!!! :) Thanks for inspiring me to 1. start walking faster and now, 2. start jogging. I hope that in the spring I'll be ready to start running :)
- Michelle :)
Friday, November 01, 2013
So the Leap Into Fall Fitness Challenge is ending on Sunday, and a part of this week's tasks was to fill out a questionnaire and we get bonus points for posting it in a blog, so here it goes!
1) What was your start weight? 334 lbs at the beginning of the challenge (Sep. 22 2013)
2) What was your end weight? Last week I was 326lbs, hoping it will go back down to 325lbs this week!
3) Did you reach your ending challenge weight? Not sure what is meant by this question. If it means did I reach the weight that I thought I would be at, at the end of the challenge: no - I thought I would have lost more weight within the 5 weeks. If it means did I reach my ultimate goal weight: no - I know it’s normal that I wouldn’t be at my ultimate goal weight within 5 weeks because my ultimate goal weight is more than 100 lbs away.
4) Did you reach your goals? So-so. I went back to see what I said my goals were in the “Start Here” post where we introduced ourselves and I had 2. First was to make healthy eating a daily habit of mine, and the second goals was to make fitness a daily habit of mine. It depends on the day – sometimes I have no motivation for fitness, so I don’t do fitness. If I feel a certain emotion, I might want something “bad” like chocolate or chips and I give in, but the SP nutrition tracker usually keeps me in line. Seeing what I ate throughout the day and seeing the amount of calories I have had sometimes stops me from eating something bad, but not always. So I am in the process of reaching them – it’s a day-to-day thing I think. I’m human and I might succumb to temptation at times.
5) If so, which ones did you meet? See answer to Question 4
6) If not, which ones did you not meet? See answer to Question 4
7) What did you struggle with? The TV commercials challenge! You probably remember me sending you an email explaining that I couldn’t do some exercises like the one minute plank or single-leg jumps/hops. But I was thankful that you were open to replacing them for exercises that I was capable of doing.
8) What did you do well on? I think my motivational board was nice looking! I’m proud of it and see it every day! I did well in the freggies challenge, keeping track of my nutrition on SP, the fitness exercises in 10’s.
9) What challenge did you like best? Creating the motivational board – I still use it and see it every day because I put it on my fridge!!!
10) Which challenge did you hate? Drinking half my weight in ounces; if I remember correctly, it meant that I had to drink 167 ounces which is approx. 5 litres! That’s like 2 and a half big bottles of soda.
11) How was your nutrition during this challenge? Pretty good! I tried to comply with the freggies minimum though there was a day I couldn’t help myself to any more freggies. I have been trying to keep up with the 5 freggies a day and this week has been approximately 3 or 4 a day.
12) What suggestions do you have on future challenges? I thought the challenge was done really well; you answered my questions in Spark Mails really quickly! I guess I would suggest to specify when explaining the fitness exercises, that if there is something you can’t do, to just send you a spark message. I guess I would also suggest that for the relay to not put a maximum of 3 exercises / person for each round; round 1 was slow.
13) Are there topics/threads that you wish were included and weren’t? More game-type threads; I always find them fun!
14) Did you have fun? YES!! Can’t wait for the next challenge I will participate in!
15) What did you learn about you? That I am perseverant! I was weighing myself every day at the beginning, and I was going up, then down, then up in weight. But I didn’t give up! I just hid my scale and decided to stick to weighing myself once a week. Also, I really wanted to walk away from this challenge at the beginning when I saw all the starting weights of everyone being in the 100s and 200s…I thought I wasn’t going to be able to do this challenge. But I sent you a spark mail and you said it’s going to be accessible for everyone, and it sure was! Thanks again Lynz!
Have a wonderful week-end everyone!!!
Monday, October 21, 2013
So this morning I went to see my GP for a general check-up. Yesterday, when I weighed myself I was 325.4, and I was sooo happy that I had lost weight! But, this morning, my doctor weighed me on his scale and I weighed approx. 327.7 or something (it was one of those scales that you have to move big squares over for each 50 lbs, and then for 10lbs, then for 1 lb..anyways it wasn't fully balanced - I was staring at the little arrow and ... ugh anyways, I figured ok, Sunday dinner, breakfast, blabla ok 2 extra lbs. but then he said "Ok, you lost weight, last time you came in you were 356 now you're 328, good".
Ok, I know I am overreacting probably (it's been a few hrs since I got home) but I am soooo disappointed in myself and him. Disappointed in myself bc how did I gain 3 lbs in less than 24 hrs. Disappointed in him for rounding UP - ok I know that mathematically, anything that it X.8, or x.6 .7 .9 should be rounded up to the next integer, but it just hurt. And the second thing is that he wasn't as happy as I thought he would have been to know that I lost a good amount of weight since the last time we saw each other which was in August and he has been repeating over and over for me to start being more active and careful as to what I eat. I've been taking his advice...I just wanted a bit more, I don't know, maybe a Congrats or something.
I hate the scale now. I think I'm gunna hide it in the closet until next Sunday for my challenge weigh-in...no more hopping on it every time I pass by it
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great week-end!
Here is my motivational board:
So I finally found a "before picture" of myself, and was shocked when I saw it. But then when I asked my mother to take a picture of me "now", and I uploaded it to my computer...I kinda got the same feeling from when I saw the "before" picture. I feel like nothing has changed, even though I know that I have lost weight - unless my scale is lying and my doctor's too...
Anyways, enough harping on the pictures, let's focus on the present and future!
so on my board I added some of my favourite saying from SP, the different "big" milestones I would like to reach by Dec 31 2014 / Jan 1 2015 (if possible/realistic), and little milestones that I can happily cross off once I reach them. In my mind, crossing them off more often (say every 2 weeks go down 2 lbs) will make me want to stay away from some temptations....because I plan on keeping this board on the side of the fridge!! not the front- it's a bit too big, but the side of the fridge shouldn't be a problem bc the freezer and fridge door are on the front of it, not the side!
Thanks for reading
Get An Email Alert Each Time MLLEMINOU Posts