Monday, June 20, 2011
baby steps...thats what i keep telling myself. little by little, i'll ge tthe hang of this again....and then i have a day like today where i stop off for an iced coffee in the morning, and then add on a breakfast wrap....damn, did i just relapse?!?! yes, i did. but like any other addict, it's one day at a time. tomorrow is a new day, and i still have the rest of today to get through. i've come too far to backslide, and i have to ability to change my actions....it's just not a switch that can be turned on or off, it's a process. or so i keep telling myself! i love hearing other people's tricks and success stories, and look forward to telling mine. i love that i'm not wrapped up in a fad diet, i'm making a lifestyle change....and have been now, for a couple of years. 32 years of bad eating habits don't change over night, you know! :) so, i fell off the wagon today, but i'm dusting myself off, and getting back up on it....tomorrow is a new day....
Monday, June 13, 2011
if there's one thing that i've learned time and time again is that....I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!! i never have been, and i never will be. so, i should have known that telling myself that i was magically going to become one and start working out in the mornings was a big fat lie! i did, however, do it ONCE! ha! yea...i think its back to the evening workouts and runs for me. i just love the snooze button too much!
Monday, June 06, 2011
ok, ok, ok.....I will admit...i've been pretty bad at keeping plugged into the SP loop. But, this time i'm back....for real. Last year I lost a total of 40lbs....yesterday I got on the scale, and 5 are back....NOT COOL! so, this morning, I got my butt up, ran, and did abs. My family joined a CSA (community shared agriculture) program, and we WILL be eating our veggies!!! i am meal planning every sunday, to prepare for the week, and i am super stoked about the spark budget piece on here now! so.....i have another 25 lbs to get me to where I wanna be (for now)......let's do this.
Saturday, January 05, 2008
2008 is just around the corner…can you believe it!??! Time really does start to go by faster as the years go by! So I've been reading a lot about my friends' resolutions for the upcoming year…and it made me start thinking about my own. I'm at a crazy point in my life right now where there are so many new and beautiful things happening. I want to enjoy everything before it passes me by! Cliché, I know…but true nonetheless. My goals for the upcoming year are as follows:..
1. Lose 20lbs by St. Patty's Day!! - really, I'm set on this because we are thinking about possible trying to conceive in the spring….and it's important that I be in my best shape!
2. call my grandparents at least once a day- I do pretty good now, but I'm going to make a conscious effort to do so
3. really stick to taking vitamins!! - I'm terrible at this! BUT I'm going to start taking pre-natal ones soon, and it's important that I keep up with that!
4. once my hair grows (the folic acid will probably help!!) I want to donate my hair to Locks of Love….ironically a couple other friends are planning on doing the same thing! J
5. get a cute, short, "hot mom" hair cut! LOL!
6. have a "date night" once a week with my husband
7. go dancing twice a month
8. drink 8 glasses of water (at least) a day
9. work out 120 minutes a week (hopefully I will be in a routine and will be able to continue this thru my 9 months too!!)
10. stop worrying about other people's stress.
11. stop being so annoyed by things I can't change. Some people just suck, and don't get "it" and I need to learn how to let that go
12. continue reading about different religions, and to make it to at LEAST 2 more places of worship to talk to the spiritual leader there this year
13. AND….of course…..continue booting people that cause drama out of my life. Things are actually pretty good right now, I have a great group of people who I call my friends, and I really don't foresee any of them getting booted!
So yea…I have my plate pretty darn full…..but they are minor adjustments that I can surely make happen.
Good luck to you all, and may you be blessed with a wonderful New year!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MKOLENZ Posts