Tuesday, September 27, 2011
GREETINGS OF PEACE TO EVERYONE!
PSALM OF THE DAY: (By RSSSLHB) -
"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me; but, verily God has heard me; He attended to the voice of my prayer".
HYMN OF THE DAY: MANSION OVER THE HILLTOP - (By Ira Stamphill, 1949).
1. I'm satisfy with just a cottage below, A little silver and a little gold;
But in that city where the ramsomed will shine, I want a gold one that's silver lined. REFRAIN!
2. Don't think me poor or deserted or lonely, I'm not discouraged, I'm heaven bound;
I'm just a pilgrim in search of a city, I want a mansion, a robe and a crown. REFRAIN!
REFRAIN: I've got a mansion just over the hilltop,
In that bright land where we'll never grow old;
And someday yonder we will nevermore wander,
But walk the streets that are purest gold.
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: Gal 2:6 (NIV) -
" ....God does not judge by external appearance....".
TODAY'S PRAYER: (By MIDORITHOMAS) -
" Heavenly Father, Divine God! How selfish our prayers are! We asked You for many things and wondered why You don't answer some of them. We know Your word tells us that You have given us Your Holy Spirit as our Comforter, but this is the first time it has registered with us that the Holy Spirit is a gift to those who believe and ask. Your Holy Spirit leads and guides us in every area of our life, and He is there to comfort every heartache. Forgive us for trying to do what only you can do. Help us to be Your vessels without getting in the way. It is hard to look at life through these finite eyes and see a greater blessing than the healing of the body.....something greater than freedom from pain. We will continue to ask You for things, but help us to see through all of that....to see the greater gift of Your Holy Spirit. This we pray in Jesus' blessed name, Amen!"
SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for THINLIN07's husband who had to return to the hospital.
MESSAGE: JESUS, THE BREAD OF LIFE! (by MJRVIC).
1. Yesterday, John 6:51 showed us the HEAVEN'S BREAD GUARANTEES OUR SALVATION. Today, John 6:35 shows us that HEAVEN'S BREAD GIVES SATISFACTION!
a. Those that come to Jesus are eternally satisfied.
b. They no longer have to drink from broken cisterns of this world.
c. In Jesus, they will tap into a source of life that never runs dry.
d. In the person of Jesus, there is more than an abundance of satisfaction.
2. PICTURE THIS: This world can never satisfy the longings of the human soul. We eat and a few hours later we are hungry again. We drink water and a few hours later we are thirsty again. In this world, hunger and thirsting is a symbol of utter frustration because our hunger and thirst will never be satisfied. So seeking to know God and to satisfy the soul's need, apart from Jesus Christ, is futile. Does your soul have hunger pangs? Do you seek God outside of Jesus Christ? Are your efforts futile? To be continued tomorrow.
CLOSING: May God help us not to judge others by their appearance.
Have a blessed day, MEMBERS of God's Family Team.
Monday, September 26, 2011
GREETINGS OF JOY TO EVERYONE! Thank you for all your responses. Starting tomorrow, the new blog subjest will be " A DAILY SPIRTUAL OASIS!" INSTEAD OF "A Mon thru Fri Prayer and Message". The new blog will be a God's Family Team Effort, with team members providing their input. Below is an example:
PSALM OF THE DAY: (By RSSSLHB) - Ps 66:4
"All the earth shall worship Thee, and shall sing unto Thee; they shall sing unto Thy name".
A DEVO THOUGHT: (By DIDMIS) - "I'll try not to think of what I don't have, but what I do have!"
SCRIPTURE VERSE: (By MJRVIC) Isa 40:31
"But they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up wings as eagles; they shall run, and not grow weary; and they shall walk, and not faint".
TODAY'S PRAYER: (By MIDORITHOMAS) - "Holy Father and God! As we wipe the sleep away from our eyes, open our spiritual eyes to the freedom we have in You. Let nothing hold us from capturing sight of You in all Your glory. Help us not to miss out on the joy of our Lord because our eyes are blinded. Lift us out of the strongholds that mean to captivate our hearts and minds. Restore us and set us free to worship You. This we pray in Jesus' name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: (By MJRVIC) - JESUS, THE BREAD OF LIFE!
1. John has shown us thusfar: THE PERSONALITY OF HEAVEN'S BREAD, and THE PRESENTATION OF HEAVEN'S BREAD. Now, he show us : THE PERFORMANCE OF HEAVEN'S BREAD!
a. In John 6:51, Jesus grants true believers salvation: "if any man eats of this bread, he shall live forever".
b. This is one of the greatest privilege of being a human.
c. God gave us a free will ( Gen 2:16-17; Jos 24:15).
d. We are given the ability to choose how we will live our lives, with the understanding that there are either rewards or consequences that accompany out choices.
e. But slavation will not be produced in anyones life unless they come and partake of Jesus (HEAVEN'S BREAD).
F. SALVATION IN JESUS IS GUARANTEED, AND IN NO OTHER.
PICTURE THIS: This may seem narrowminded and simplistic, but this is what the Bible teaches ( Acts 4:12; John 3:16). We do not know what is going to happen to our economy or our country, but we can know that every sinner who comes to Jesus by faith and with obedience will be saved. They will become a child of God. Do you have an identity problem? To be continued tomorrow.
CLOSING HOPE: - May God help us to seek and find the power that comes to those who wait upon the Lord.
In His Power, The God Family Team.
Saturday, September 24, 2011
GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
SCRIPTURE: Ps 63:3 - "Because thy loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise Thee".
HYMN: "GUIDE ME, O THOU GREAT JEHOVAH"
The words were created by W. Williams in 1745, and the music by Thomas Hastings in 1830.
The inspiration for this hymn came from Ps 48:14 - "He will be our guide even to the end".
1. Guide me, O Thou great Jehavah, Pilgrim thru this barren land;
I an weak, but Thou art mighty, Hold me Thy pow'rful hand;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more.
2. Open now the crystal fountain, Whench the healing waters flow;
Let the fiery cloudy pillar, Lead me all my journey thru;
Strong Deliverer, Be Thou still my strength and shield;
Strong Deliverer, Be Thou still my strength and shield.
3. When I tread the verge of Jordan, Bid my anxious fear subside.
Bear me thru the swelling currents, Land me safe on Canaan's side;
Songs of praises, I will ever give to Thee;
Songs of praises, I will ever give to Thee.
MESSAGE: JESUS, THE BREAD OF LIFE!
1. In this next portray, John gives us a view of what we are like sometimes (John 6:30-33).
a. The Jews came to Jesus and requested a miracle (Vs 30). What did they call the "Feeding of the multitude"????
b. Then they tell Jesus that their fathers ate manna, bread from heaven.
c. It was not Moses who gave them manna; it was God.
d. Manna was a type of Jesus Himself:
1. It was small (Ex 16:14) - It speaks of Christ's humilty.
2. It was round (Ex 16:14) - It speaks of Christ eternal nnature.
3. It was white (Ex 16:31) - It speaks of Christ's sinless, holy nature.
4. It came at night (Ex 16:13-14) - It speaks of Jesus coming to a world lost in darkness to give light and life.
5. It was misunderstood (Ex 16:15) - They called it "MANNA" which means "WHAT IS IT?"
6. It was sufficiant for every man's need (Ex 16:17-18) - It speaks of the ALL-SUFFICIENT SAVIOR, JESUS.
7. It was sweet to the taste (Ex 16:31) - It speaks of the sweetness of Jesus to the soul and to life.
8. It was to be kept and p[assed on to others (Ex 16:32) - It speaks of us sharing HEAVEN'S BREAD with those who cross our path.
2. PICTURE THIS: Gad gave the Jews 240 boxcars of manna per day for 38 years. Jesus came in order to identify with us who need HEAVEN'S BREAD and salvation. David encourages us in Ps 34:8, "O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that trust in Him". Have you tasted HEAVEN'S BREAD? Are you trusting in Jesus? Are you sharing Jesus with others? To be continued Monday.
CLOSING: May we remember to thank the Lord for His redeeming love.
In His Redeemimg Love, Vic.
Friday, September 23, 2011
A HAPPY FRIDAY TO EVERYONE!
SCRIPTURE: Phil 3:13-14 - "Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus".
A PRAYER: (by MIDORITHOMAS) -
"Holy Father, Loving God! We are tired this morning. You know our needs. We are in a day of "trouble". We believe Your word is true and that You are our Deliverer. Help our unbelief so that others will see in us a steadfast faith in You. No matter what the end results of these "light and temporary" troubles, we pray that You will help us to remain strong in our faith and true to our service. You are our God and there is no other god. This we pray in Jesus' name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, THE BREAD OF LIFE!
1. John, who has shown us 4 marvelous portrays of Jesus, now turns our attention to a new portray: THE MIRACLE (John 6:1-13).
a. In feeding the 5000 men, Jesus shows a type of Himself;
b. He is shown caring, providing and satisfying the multitude.
c. Implied, is that Jesus is like the loaves and fish, and more than sufficient for the need of mankind.
d. Jesus is the ALL-SUFFICIENT SAVIOR!
e. Every man ate that day as much as they needed (Vs 11), and afterwards there was still in abundannce leftover (Vs 13).
2. PICTURE THIS:
Our salvation is by grace through faith in Christ Jesus. It is the gift of God to us (Eph 2:8-9). The grace of Jesus is more than sufficient for the entire human race. Jesus is the answer for all the needs of mankind. All that the multitude had to do was to partake of what the disciples passed out. It works the same for us today. When we put on Jesus (Eph 4:22-24; Rom 6:4-9), salvation is the result. Have you received the gift of God in Christ Jesus? Have you put on Christ in baptisn for the remission of your sins? Are you living for Jesus now? To be continued Saturday.
May God help us to find joy in passing on to others the blessings we have received. IN HIS GRACE, Vic.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Greetings of joy to EVERYONE! A wise man will hear, and will increase learning (Prov 1:5). Praise God!
HYMN: "JESUS PAID IT ALL". The words to this hymn were written by Elvina M. Hall in 1865, and the music by John T. Grape in 1868. The inspiration for this hymn came from 1 John 3:16, "Jesus laid down His life for us". This hymn has 3 verses with a refrain.
1. I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me, thine all in all". REFRAIN!
2. Lord, now indeed I find, Thy power, and Thine alone,
Can change a lepper's spot,
And melt a heart of stone. REFRAIN!
3. And when before Thy throne, I stand in Him complete,
I'll lay my throphies down,
All down at Jesus' feet. REFRAIN!
REFRAIN: Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe,
Sin has left a crinsom stain,
He washed it white as snow.
MESSAGE: JESUS, THE BREAD OF LIFE!
1. John shows us now a portait, HEAVEN'S BREAD HAS A PRICE (John 6:53-58).
a. Before HEAVEN'S BREAD can be enjoyed by a sinner, it must first be received by the sinner as a partaker of what Jesus did.
b. What did Jesus do? He died on the cross, was buried and arose again on the third day. He did this for us.
c. To make His sacrifice and our salvation a realty in our life, we must come to Him by faith, and take part in His death, burial and resurrection.
d. Those that eat of HEAVEN'S BREAD shall live forever ( Vs 58).
e. Those that do not eat of HEAVEN'S BREAD shall die forever (Implied, Vs 58).
2. PICTURE THIS: Imagaine that I have invited you for dinner at our house. I pass a plate of "hot buttermilk biscuits" to you and say, "Have a buscuit". To which you reply, YES", but you just sit there and smile in stead of reaching for one. I say to you, "I thought you wanted a biscuit?" You reply, "I do!" Then I say to you, "If you want a biscuit, you are going to have to reach out for it". Salvation works in the same way. Jesus offers us HEAVEN'S BREAD and we must reach out for it and partake of it. Have you partaken of HEAVEN'S BREAD? Your soul's life or death depends on it. To be conntinued Friday.
May God help us to understand that the fear (reverence) of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom. In His Word, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts