Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Gooooooooooood Morning Everyone! Generosity is a sign of a Great Soul, and I know no one more generous than Jesus. Give God all the Praise.
PRAYER: "Merciful and Loving Father, Gracious God! Your eyes are on the righteous and Your ears are attentive to their prayers, but the face of our Lord Jesus Christ is against those who do evil. We thank You that You see our hearts and hear our prayers. How grateful we are that when You see our hearts, You see the righteousness of Jesus in us, and not the sinner we once were.
Thank You, Father, that You not only hear our prayers, but that You see our needs, and answer our cries from the heart. You are indeed an AWESOME LOVING GOD! This we pray this morning in the Glorious name of Jesus our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, THE DIVINE TEACHER!
1. Who was Nicodemus?
a. He was a RULER of the Jews.
1. He was a Pharisee (John 3:1).
2. He was a member of the Sanhedrin (The Jewish Supreme Court).
3. He was a judge (John 7:50-51).
4. He was a Master, a RABBI of Israel (John 3:10).
b. He was RELIGIOUS.
1. He was called a Pharisee, which is one of the strictest of the Jewish religion and ethical stanndard.
2. Not all Pharisees we hypocrites; some, like Nicodemus, lived before God in holiness.
c. He was REAL.
1. The fact that he approached Jesus indicates he was sincere in searching for TRUTH.
2. The fact that he came to Jesus at night, may not indicate he was fearful, but that he sought an uninterupted converstion with Jesus.
2. PICTURE THIS! I do not mind someone asking questions when they are sincere and searching for TRUTH.....and neither did Jesus. John will shows us later a change that takes place in Nicodemus. How about you? Are you ready for a change in your life? To be continued Wednesday,
May hope and blessings find the way to your heart!
In His Teaching, Vic.
Monday, July 25, 2011
A Happy Monday Morning To Everyone! We saw something we had never seen before on our weekend trip: WE SAW DEERS SWIMMING IN THE LAKE. WOW!
Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Most Holy Father, Redeeming God! One attribute that stands out on being an effective servant of the Lord, is this: DOING WHAT HE SAYS! Even though there are those who are hostile to us, and even though we may fear of taking the message of salvation to them, help us to always trust and please You rather than man. Grant us the prospective everyday to live like Elijah, to deliver Your message to an enemy. Help us to grow in the knowlesge of Your WORD, to speak Your WORD as You give us opportunities, and to obey You no matter what happens. Teach us and make us effective as Your servants to Your name, glory and honor. This we pray in the blessed name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, THE DIVINE TEACHER!
1. John has shown us two marvelous portraits of Jesus in his gallery:
a. 1st Portrait (John 1): JESUS, THE WORD OF GOD!
b. 2nd Portrait (John 2): JESUS, THE SON OF MAN!
2. Now John opens up for us, a 3rd Portrait (John 3): JESUS, THE DIVINE TEACHER!
a. We have to remember that when Jesus came to earth:
1. He came to teach men how to flee darkness and come to the light.
2. He came to teach men how to flee death and come into life.
b. In this 3rd portrait, we find Jesus carrying out His mission of TEACHING.
1. First to Nicodemus.
2. And then also to us.
3. PICTURE THIS! No one ever explained a truth like Jesus. Let's listen as He teaches Nicodemus about truth and salvation. Focus on this portrait with all of your heart, soul and mind. But most importantly, apply what you learn to your life. To be continued Tuesday!
May each of you be blessed with a special gift for listening with your heart.
In His Truth and Grace, Vic.
Friday, July 22, 2011
ALOHA Everyone! It's Friday Again! My wife and I will be traveling this weekend, so there will be no messages until Monday, God willing. Thank you each for your comments and responses this past week. Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Awesome Father, Almighty God! Make us your people, a people of conviction, to do what You want us to do and not what we want to do. Allow us to experience Your blessings always, in season and out of season: when evil seems to prevail in the world; when all seems lost for Your name sake. Help us to be Your people who are willing to live among those people who will not acknowledge or serve You, the Living God and Creator of heaven and earth. If we must suffer, than let it be because we serve the God we love. Enable us to hold up Jesus and Your power for the world to see. Pour Your blessings upon us till we overflow with Your love, Grace and Mercy. These things we pray in the name of our blessed Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, SON OF MAN!
1. We see in this 2nd portrait, that "Christ Jesus Provides in the Events of Life (John 2:10).
a. Jesus provided that which was needed in their immediate circumstances (good wine ).
b. Paul reminds us in Phil 4:19, that God will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by (or through) Christ Jesus.
c. Jesus will do the same for us.
2. Christ Jesus Provides that Which Pertains To Faith (John 2:11).
a. "His disciples believed on Him".
b. Our faith in Jesus is never misplaced if we display that faith in our hour of trial.
c. In our hour of trial, Jesus will move in and move that mountain for us.
3. Christ Jesus Provides That Which Pertains To The Future (John 2:11).
a. "And manifested forth His glory".
b. When Jesus does something for us, it will strengthen our faith to give us hope for tomorrow.
4. PICTURE THIS! Jesus, the Son of Man, is tied to the events of our life. His miracles always have a purpose and He is ready to minister to our needs if we call upon Him and believe on Him. What is your need today? Bring it to Jesus! Share it with us and we will also go to Him on your behalf. To be continued Monday!
Wishing each of you a life filled with the love of Jesus by faith and all the blessings oof God. In His Blessings and Grace, Vic.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
A Mighty Greeting To Everyone! How could a person like me get blessed so much to have friends like you? Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Merciful God! Awaken the compassion in our souls. Teach us to see what You see. Grant us the passion to touch, love, and care for the lame, the crippled, the mute, the unloved, the lost soul, the hurting brother or sister, the physically sick, and the spiritually sick. Enable us to be Your compassion in today's world. Help us to make a difference in this world by following the examples of Jesus our Lord. Strengthen us when we fall, guide us when we loose our way, lift us when we are down, and always, show us how to move forward to become more like Jesus. This we pray in His precious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, SON OF MAN!
1. John has shown us in this 2nd portrait of Jesus, THE PROBLEM and THE PRECEDURE, and now turns our attention to THE PERFORMANCE (John 2:6-9).
a. Jesus takes the commonplace and changes it into EXTRAORDINARY!
1. Changing water into wine was unconventional.
a. Jesus may move on our behalf, but He may not do it the way would expect it to be done.
b. Isa 55:8-9 reminds us that God's thoughts and ways are higher than our thoughts and way.
c. We may know God, buthe is still incomprehensible in His person and purpose.
2. Changing water into wine was uncommon.
a. The ruler of the feast was surprised at the quality of the new wine.
b. Just because God does something one way in the past, doesn't mean He will do it the same way again.
c. Don't try to squeeze God into our limited imagination because He will not fit.
3. Changing water into wine was unbelievable.
a. God moves in and changes common events into something that proves to be a blessing.
b. It wasn't just about changing water into wine, it was about blessing a wedding feast.
2. PICTURE THIS! When God moves in our time of need, and turns our darkness into Day, when He lifts our burdens and shoulders our load, we will know it....and we will never forget it. To some, it will be, "He is just lucky", but to those who know and understand the truth, "IT IS A MIRACLE". Are you looking for a MIRACLE in your life? To be continued Friday!
May our, "Thank You Lord", which often seem so small compared to all that Jesus has done for us, ...may it always come from the depth of our heart.
Grateful and Blessed, Vic.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Greetings in the Name of the Savior to Everyone! Have you noticed that sunbeams and rain alway come from heaven? Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Most Holy Father, Redeeming God! If we lack faith, it is because we lack knowledge. If we lack knowledge, it is because we lack wisdom. If we lack wisdom, it is because we do not know Your Word nor have we asked for wisdom.
True wisdom coms only from You through Your Word. You promised us You will grant us wisdom if we ask for it. Please Father, grant us wisdom to understand Your Word, to see with the heart what the eyes may fail to see.
Help us to be wise in making the right decisions. Enable us to know what to do and what not to do in every life situation. Show us how to use Your wisdom to Your glory. This we pray in Jesus' glorious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, SON OF MAN!
1. John showed us the problem that arose at the wedding feast (John 2:3), and now he shows us through Mary, THE PROCEDURE.
a. John shows us the two steps Mary took to solve the problem:
1. STEP #1 - Mary went immediately to Jesus!
2. STEP #2 - Mary told the servants, "Whatever He says unto you, do it".
b. We need to learn to do exactly the same thing.
1. Jesus invites to come unto Him, Matt 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".
2. Peter tells us in 1 Pet 5:6-7, "To humble ourselves before God, casting all our cares upon Him, for He cares for us".
3. Paul teaches us WHY in Rom 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love the Lord.....".
2. PICTURE THIS! When problems arise and troubles come our way, the best thing to do is to go to Jesus, but why go to Jesus if we are not willing to do what He says? Jesus said in Luke 6:46, "And why call me Lord, Lord, and do not the things I say"? When we go to Jesus for help with our problems and troubles, let's be ready to do what He says. Otherwise, we are wasting His time and ours.
To be continued Thursday!
May we leaern about what is so great about going to Jesus so we may be blessed....EVERYTHING! In His Care and Love, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts