Friday, July 22, 2011
ALOHA Everyone! It's Friday Again! My wife and I will be traveling this weekend, so there will be no messages until Monday, God willing. Thank you each for your comments and responses this past week. Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Awesome Father, Almighty God! Make us your people, a people of conviction, to do what You want us to do and not what we want to do. Allow us to experience Your blessings always, in season and out of season: when evil seems to prevail in the world; when all seems lost for Your name sake. Help us to be Your people who are willing to live among those people who will not acknowledge or serve You, the Living God and Creator of heaven and earth. If we must suffer, than let it be because we serve the God we love. Enable us to hold up Jesus and Your power for the world to see. Pour Your blessings upon us till we overflow with Your love, Grace and Mercy. These things we pray in the name of our blessed Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, SON OF MAN!
1. We see in this 2nd portrait, that "Christ Jesus Provides in the Events of Life (John 2:10).
a. Jesus provided that which was needed in their immediate circumstances (good wine ).
b. Paul reminds us in Phil 4:19, that God will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by (or through) Christ Jesus.
c. Jesus will do the same for us.
2. Christ Jesus Provides that Which Pertains To Faith (John 2:11).
a. "His disciples believed on Him".
b. Our faith in Jesus is never misplaced if we display that faith in our hour of trial.
c. In our hour of trial, Jesus will move in and move that mountain for us.
3. Christ Jesus Provides That Which Pertains To The Future (John 2:11).
a. "And manifested forth His glory".
b. When Jesus does something for us, it will strengthen our faith to give us hope for tomorrow.
4. PICTURE THIS! Jesus, the Son of Man, is tied to the events of our life. His miracles always have a purpose and He is ready to minister to our needs if we call upon Him and believe on Him. What is your need today? Bring it to Jesus! Share it with us and we will also go to Him on your behalf. To be continued Monday!
Wishing each of you a life filled with the love of Jesus by faith and all the blessings oof God. In His Blessings and Grace, Vic.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
A Mighty Greeting To Everyone! How could a person like me get blessed so much to have friends like you? Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Merciful God! Awaken the compassion in our souls. Teach us to see what You see. Grant us the passion to touch, love, and care for the lame, the crippled, the mute, the unloved, the lost soul, the hurting brother or sister, the physically sick, and the spiritually sick. Enable us to be Your compassion in today's world. Help us to make a difference in this world by following the examples of Jesus our Lord. Strengthen us when we fall, guide us when we loose our way, lift us when we are down, and always, show us how to move forward to become more like Jesus. This we pray in His precious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, SON OF MAN!
1. John has shown us in this 2nd portrait of Jesus, THE PROBLEM and THE PRECEDURE, and now turns our attention to THE PERFORMANCE (John 2:6-9).
a. Jesus takes the commonplace and changes it into EXTRAORDINARY!
1. Changing water into wine was unconventional.
a. Jesus may move on our behalf, but He may not do it the way would expect it to be done.
b. Isa 55:8-9 reminds us that God's thoughts and ways are higher than our thoughts and way.
c. We may know God, buthe is still incomprehensible in His person and purpose.
2. Changing water into wine was uncommon.
a. The ruler of the feast was surprised at the quality of the new wine.
b. Just because God does something one way in the past, doesn't mean He will do it the same way again.
c. Don't try to squeeze God into our limited imagination because He will not fit.
3. Changing water into wine was unbelievable.
a. God moves in and changes common events into something that proves to be a blessing.
b. It wasn't just about changing water into wine, it was about blessing a wedding feast.
2. PICTURE THIS! When God moves in our time of need, and turns our darkness into Day, when He lifts our burdens and shoulders our load, we will know it....and we will never forget it. To some, it will be, "He is just lucky", but to those who know and understand the truth, "IT IS A MIRACLE". Are you looking for a MIRACLE in your life? To be continued Friday!
May our, "Thank You Lord", which often seem so small compared to all that Jesus has done for us, ...may it always come from the depth of our heart.
Grateful and Blessed, Vic.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Greetings in the Name of the Savior to Everyone! Have you noticed that sunbeams and rain alway come from heaven? Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Most Holy Father, Redeeming God! If we lack faith, it is because we lack knowledge. If we lack knowledge, it is because we lack wisdom. If we lack wisdom, it is because we do not know Your Word nor have we asked for wisdom.
True wisdom coms only from You through Your Word. You promised us You will grant us wisdom if we ask for it. Please Father, grant us wisdom to understand Your Word, to see with the heart what the eyes may fail to see.
Help us to be wise in making the right decisions. Enable us to know what to do and what not to do in every life situation. Show us how to use Your wisdom to Your glory. This we pray in Jesus' glorious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, SON OF MAN!
1. John showed us the problem that arose at the wedding feast (John 2:3), and now he shows us through Mary, THE PROCEDURE.
a. John shows us the two steps Mary took to solve the problem:
1. STEP #1 - Mary went immediately to Jesus!
2. STEP #2 - Mary told the servants, "Whatever He says unto you, do it".
b. We need to learn to do exactly the same thing.
1. Jesus invites to come unto Him, Matt 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".
2. Peter tells us in 1 Pet 5:6-7, "To humble ourselves before God, casting all our cares upon Him, for He cares for us".
3. Paul teaches us WHY in Rom 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love the Lord.....".
2. PICTURE THIS! When problems arise and troubles come our way, the best thing to do is to go to Jesus, but why go to Jesus if we are not willing to do what He says? Jesus said in Luke 6:46, "And why call me Lord, Lord, and do not the things I say"? When we go to Jesus for help with our problems and troubles, let's be ready to do what He says. Otherwise, we are wasting His time and ours.
To be continued Thursday!
May we leaern about what is so great about going to Jesus so we may be blessed....EVERYTHING! In His Care and Love, Vic.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Goooooooood Morning Everyone! It is exciting to see what these portraits of Jesus has to show us. Give God all the praise and glory!
PRAYER: " Heavenly Father, Creator and Loving God! You have given us a High Priest, Jesus Christ, who is able to symphathize with our weaknesses, and who was tempted in every way just like us, and yet was without sin. We thank You for Jesus! Because He understands our weaknesses, our temptations, and our struggles in life, we can come to You through Him, asking and seeking Your help. Help us to approach Your throne of grace with confidence, so we may receive mercy and find grace to help us and strengthen us in our time of need. This we ask and pray in the name of Jesus our Savior and High Priest, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, SON OF MAN!
1. John shows us in this 2nd portrait of Jesus, Jesus'power in the events of life (John 2:3-9).
a. Vs 3, we see THE PROBLEM!
1. Running out of wine may not seem like a serious problem to us, but to the Jews it was a serious thing.
2. It was a matter of honor. The bridegroom was responsible for providing adequate food and drink for the wedding.
3. It meant he hadn't planned well and it was an insult to his guest.
4. It was a public embarrassment to the bridegroom and to his family.
b. Life doesn't always go the way we planned it.
1. There are times when unexpected problems arise and trouble comes our way.
2. Jesus said in John 16:33, " These things I have spoken unto you, that in me, ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD".
2. PICTURE THIS! In Mark 4:36-41 and in John 6:16-21, the disciples of Jesus felt Jesus was out of touch with their need....but they were wrong. Jesus knew their trouble and felt their need. More importantly, He moved on the problem and made a difference for them. Do you think your problems are too large or too small for Jesus? They are not! Pray the prayer list above again, and this time pray it with all your heart, soul and mind. Wouldn't you like to have Jesus move on your problem and make a difference for you? To be continued Wednesday!
May God help us to live life according to His schedule, and bless us as we savor every minute of His mercy, grace, strength and peace.
In His Power, Vic.
Monday, July 18, 2011
A Blessed Greeting To Everyone This Monday Morning! I hope that everyone is enjoying the tour of John's Gallery, and learning from it. John has so much to show us about Jesus our Lord. Let's give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Holy God! You have given us not only a physical family, but also a spiritual family....Your family, of which we are a part. When one of us is hurting, we all hurt. When one is facing issues, than we too are facing those issues. When one falls away from the family, we all cry for his or her return. When Your love fills the heart and soul of one, we feel that love also. We stand united in Christ Jesus as the Church of Christ and as Your Family. In Christ we find our all in all. For when You looked down from heaven and saw us in the pit of darkness and damnation, unable to extricate ourselves from this pit, You had mercy and compassion, and sent Jesus Christ to rescue us from death and destruction. With grace and truth he lifted us up out of the darkness of the pit into His marvelous light, giving His life to save ours. Now, we no longer walk in darkness for we are your children, the Children of Light. Thank You Father! Thank You Jesus! Thank You for Your Great Love, Your Wonderful Grace, Your Tender Mercy, and for Caring about us. This we pray in Jesus' blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Jesus, Son of Man!
1. We have seen in this second portrait of Jesus, the CIRCUMSTANCES, the CALL, and now John turns our attention to THE CONSIDERATION, (John 2:3-4).
a. In verse 3, a need has surfaced at the wedding, "they have run out of wine".
b. In verse 4, Jesus gives a reply, "mine hour is not yet come", (It was not yet time for Jesus to reveal His Messiahship).
c. Yet, when He was called to help, he came and answered the call.
d. Jer 33:3 says, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not".
e. Jesus said in Matt 7:7-8, "Ask, and it will be given you, Seek, and ye shall find, Knock, and the door shall be opened unto you".
f. Paul tells us in Phil 4:7-8, not to worry about things, but instead, in everything by prayer and supplication, let our request be made known unto God.
2. PICTURE THIS! In all the events of life, we need not fear Jesus not coming to our aid. He cares and when we call, He will respond to our need. The probllem is like the hymn says, "Oh, what peace we often forfeit, Oh, what needless pain we bear; all because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer".
Have you asked Jesus lately to help you with a problem or a challenge in your life? Have you asked Him lately to help you clean up the mess you have made in your life? Let us learn to run to Jesus before we climb on the rocking horse of worry. To be continued Tuesday!
May the SON always shine brightly through the window of our hearts, so that heaven's blessing may be able to reach it.
In His Wonderful Grace, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts