Thursday, June 30, 2011
A Grateful Thursday Morning To Everyone! Each day I'll do a golden deed, by helping those who are in need. We are indeed grateful for every day and for each of you. Praise God!
PRAYER: " Merciful and Loving Father, Glorious God! We are grateful that we can pray for others as well as for ourselves. Since we learned about You, we have not ceased praying to You and asking You to fill our lives with the knowledge of Your will; to fill us through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. We pray daily for the people You have brought into our hearts and into our lives. Fill them with Your wondeful wisdom, knowledge and understanding of Your WORD, Jesus Christ, The WORD of GOD. May they hear Your voice and come to know You better than we. May we all draw nearer to You each day for a closer walk with You by faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ. It is in His name that we pray and ask these things, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Jesus, The Preexistent Word!
1. As we continue to peruse the first portrait in Johm's gallery, we something else about Jesus.
a. We see Jesus, The CONTOVERSAL WORD.
1. Jesus came preaching repentance (Mark 1:15), and men thought He was strange.
2. He healed people and performed miracles and signs, and men thought He was a prophet sent by God (John 3:2).
3. He spoke the Word of God with power (Luke 4:36), and people were amazed.
4. He claimed equality with God (John 19:7), and they thought he was crazy.
5. He became the CONTROVERSAL WORD (John 14:9).
b. John tells us clearly in John 1c, "and the Word was God".
1. Men still grapple with this truth.
2. They accept the humble Jesus, His teachings, His meekness, His death, the serving Christ.
3. However, they will not acknowledge Him as the GOD/MAN Jesus Christ.
4. Jesus is 100% all God and 100% all man, wrapped up in one neat package for us (Phil 2:5-11).
2. PICTURE THIS! Jesus is GOD IN HUMAN FLESH and GOD IN THE SPIRIT! And the truth that separates believers from nonbelievers, whether we are going to heaven or to hell, is our acceptance of the TRUTH that Jesus is GOD. John declared it and I believe it! Do you believe it? To Be Continued Tomorrow.
May God help us to see with our hearts the TRUTH John is portraying for us in his gallery.
In His Truth and Word, Vic.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Aloha Everyone! We are off to a good start on this new study. Thank you for your comments and responses. Give God all the glory and praise.
PRAYER: "Holy Father, Loving God! We are indeed grateful for the Holy Bible, The Book Divine. We thank You for the precious treasures it contains. You scold us when we rove. You show us a Saviors love for us. You tell us from whence we came and of the joy that is to come. You promise to be our Guide and Guard. You punish us and rewards us accordingly. You reveal Yourself to us in the scriptures so we may know You and love You. You teach us to live by faith in Jesus Christ. You gave us Jesus as a propitiation, the atoning sacrifice for our sins. You redeemed us and save us from death and destruction. We are blessed indeed. We come now into Your presence with thanksgiving in our hearts and our voices raised to give You all glory, power, honor and praise. Help us to be worthy of Your love and trust. Enable us to be Steadfast and unmovable in Your Word. Guide us as we study Your WORD. This we pray this morning in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, The Word of God, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Jesus, The Preexistent Word!
1. The first portrait comes from John 1:1-3.
a. We have already learned that Jesus EXISTED even before the beginning (Creation).
b. We have seen that Jesus is the CONSTANT WORD, the Word of God.
2. Now John 1:1b tells us that Jesus is THE COMMUNING WORD ( and the Word was with God).
a. We see the perfect fellowship between God the Father and God the Son.
b. Jesus was NOT an after thought with God. He has been with God since before the creation.
c. Jesus was there when God moved to create man in Their own image (Gen 1:26).
d. Jesus was there when the plan to redeem man was formulated by God (1 Pet 1:19-20).
3. PICTURE THIS! What Jesus taught and did are tied inseparately to WHO He is, The Word of God. That is what John wants us to see. Jesus came to us to perfect our felloowship with God. What kind of fellowship do you have with God? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God bless us and guide our understanding as we look upon this first potrait of Jesus, The Word of God. In His Love, Vic.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
A Blessed Tuesday Morning To Everyone! Yesterday, we had an introduction to our new study: "A PORTRAIT OF JESUS IN JOHN'S GALLERY". Today, we will enter John's Gallery and look upon the first portrait of Jesus. Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Blessed Father, Beloved God! Speak to us today that we may speak in echoes of Your tones of the things You teach us and of the things we shall learn by faith. As You have sought us, so let us seek You now; let us seek Your Word and Your Ways. Open our eyes that we may see Jesus and catch a glimpse of truth You have for us. Place in our hand the wonderful key that will unclasp and set us free to see Jesus in His Divine attributes. We are ready, O God, Your will to do and to see. Open our eyes, illumine us, that we may reach out and touch Jesus with our hearts, souls and minds. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen!"
MESSAGE: A Portrait of Jesus In John's Gallery!
1. As we now enter the gallery, the first portait is about Jesus, The PREEXIETENT WORD.
a. John 1:1a - "In the beginning was the Word".
1. Jesus has always existed; he didn't come into being in Bethlehem.
2. He has been here throughout all the ages of eternity.
3. The word "WAS" in verse 1a means "ALWAYS HAS BEEN".
b. Jesus is the COnSTANT WORD (Always has been).
1. Heb 13:8 tells us, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and for ever".
2. That is why Christians can depend on Jesus.
3. Heb 13:5 promises us that Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us.
2. PICTURE THIS! Each chapter will paint for us a portrait of Jesus. As we look upon the first portrait, we see one of the most important title for Christ: "LOGOS" which means "WORD". Behind this title is embodied God's revealtion of HIMSELF to humanity: By The WORD, Through the WORD, and In the WORD. In the WORD we find wisdom, truth, grace, mercy, love, faith, hope, joy, and the way to eternity and everlasting life. Jesus is the WORD of God! Are you seeing the WORD? Are you seeing JESUS? To be continued tomorrow.
May God's blessings clear our hearts so our eyes may see Jesus our Lord as he truly is.
In His Word, Vic.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Goooooooooood Morning Everyone! We trust everyone had a good weekend. We did! Today we begin a new study series: "A PORTRAIT OF JESUS IN JOHN'S GALLERY". Praise God!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Holy God! You are Lord and King of creation and of our life. You are Lord and King of the land and the sea. You were Lord and King of the heavens before there was time, and Lord and king You will always be. So we bow down and we worship You this morning as Creator, Lord and King. We bow down and we magnify Your wonderful name. You are our helper, and we will not fear what man can do to us. We will not live with anxiety but we will live by faith in Christ Jesus, our Resurrected Lord and King. Remind us daily through Your Word and Your Spirit that You are all these things and so much more; that You are always near to help, guide and direct us. Prepare us now to meet The Lord of Lords and the King of Kings. Guide us in this new study so we may come to know Jesus like we have never known Him before. These things we pray and ask in the glorious name of Jesus Christ, Amen!"
MESSAGE: An Introduction To This Study!
1. The Gosspel of John was penned by an aging Apostle John around 85 AD.
a. It was the last of the four gospels to be written.
b. The other three gospels ( Matthew, Mark and Luke) had long been circulated by the time John wrote this gospel.
c. Matthew, Mark and Luke accounts are called the "SYNOPTIC" gospels because they contain many of the same stories and teachings of Jesus, although they were wriiten to different audiences with different details.
1. Matthew was written primarily to the Jews.
2. Mark was written primarily to Christians in Rome.
3. Luke was written primarily to an individual.
d. The Gospel of John was different and it was written to new Christians and to non-christians that were searching for God and truth.
1. In the Gospel of John we see a side of Christ Jesus not seen in the other gospels.
2. The Gospel of John gives us a "Portrait of Christ" in twenty-one blessed chapters.
3. Each chapter unfolds a new facet of Jesus' Divine nature and character.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! The word "SIGNS" is used 17 times in John and is translated "MIRACLES". It is use 28 times in the other three gospels. The word "BELIEVE" is used 98 times in John and only 29 times in the other three gospels. The word "LIFE" is used 34 times in John and only 13 times in the other three gospels. Whether you are a "sanctified believer" or a believer searching to be sanctified, the Gospel of John was wriiten especiaaly for you. Are you ready to meet the WORD? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God bless us and guide us to see Jesus as we have never seen Him or understood Him before. In His Word, Vic.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
A Blessed Sunday Morning To Everyone! Today's hymn is not too old. It was created in 1976, both the words and the music, by Bruce Ballinger. The inspiration for this lovely hymn came from Ps 122:1, "Let us go to the house of the Lord".
TITLE: We Have Come Into His House
1. We have come into His house and gathered in His name to worship Him.
We have come into His house and gathered in His name to worship Him.
We have come into His house and gathered in His name to worship Christ the Lord,
Worship Him, Christ the Lord.
2. Let's forget about ourselves and magnify His name and worship Him.
Let's forget about ourselves and magnify His name and worship Him.
Let's forget about ourselves and magnify His name and worship Christ the Lord.
Worship Him, Christ the Lord.
Remember that we gather together to worship and magnify His name.
God Bless Everyone, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts