Saturday, June 25, 2011
Gooooooood Morning Everyone! Today's hymn is an oldie! The words were written by Mary Artemisia Lathbury in 1877, and the music was created by William F. Sherwin, also in 1877. The inspiration for this hymn came from John 6:35, where Jesus said, "I am the bread of life".
TITLE: Break Thou the Bread of Life
1. Break Thou the bread of life, Dear Lord to me,
As Thou didst break the loaves, Beside the sea;
Beyond the sacred page I seek Thee, Lord;
My spirit pants for Thee, O living Word!
2. Bless Thou the truth, Dear Lord, To me, to me,
As Thou didst bless the bread by Galilee;
Then shall all bondage cease, All fetters fall,
And I shall find my peace, My All in All.
Have a GREAT WEEKEND and God Bless Everyone. In His Love, Vic.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Goooooooooooood Morning Everyone! Another week is about to pass us by as we get ready for the weekend. Praise God!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, God of Peace! Prayers and thanksgiving bring us not only blessings, they bring us peace. Help us not to be anxious or to worry about anything: Life, Death, Success, Failure, Etc. Teach us to pray by faith, to bring our every concern before You and lay them at Your feet. Enable us to lift up praises and worship to You, even in the face of opposition and danger. Fill us withYour peace that passes all understanding, so we may never consider "WHAT_IF" thoughts. Protect our hearts and minds with Your Love, Truth and Grace in Christ Jesus. It is in His name that we pray and ask these things, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. We have now the final STEP we need in order to change our life to conform with the Father's will.
a. STEP #12 - BE PATIENT!
b. Rom 2:7-16 teaches us three things about being patient:
1. The judgment for the regenerate (those who reform spiritually), who continue to seek God's glory, Honor and immortality; their judgment will result in eternal life.
2. The judgment for the unregenate will result in indignation and wrath.
3. God will judge the hearts of all men by Christ Jesus according to the gospel.
c. Gal 6:9 reminds us, "And let us not grow weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap if we do not faint".
1. When we apply patience to our life, we will not grow weary; instead, we will reap our reward of eternal life.
2. And what is it that we should be doing during that time? Well doing! Changing our life to become more like Jesus. Living one day at a time. Being patient in all things.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! We must use the means God provides. We can change to be what He wants us to be. He provides the motivation, the guidance and the encouragement. All we have to do is follow His will and act diligently on that decision. He provided all the tools we need. Are you using them? What changess will you make today? This ends this series of study: Following Jesus. Monday, we will begin a new series entitled: A PORTRAIT OF CHRIST IN JOHN'S GALLERY!
May God Bless us with His patience and teach us to live one day at a time, to His glory and honor. In His Love and Grace, Vic.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
A Refreshing Morning To Everyone! God is so good! Let's give Him all the praise and glory!
PRAYER: "Eternal Father, From Everlasting to Everlasting God! You are an AWESOME God! You planned and purpose in eternity before the creation, how we should live our life. When we failed to live that life, You sent us Your only Son to show us how to live, and offered Him as a sacrificed for our sins, the perfect sacrifice. You gave us Your Son, Jesus Christ, to prove Your love and faithfulness. You have always not wanted that anyone of us should perish, but that all should come to repentance. You provided the one way for us to come unto You. You allowed Your Son to die for us so that we might live for Him. You resurrected Him from the grave to give us hope. You took Him back to heaven and sat Him at Your right side, and gave Him all power and authority. He was and is Your message of salvation and eternal life, to all who believe in Him and obey Him. For all that You have done and are doing....we thank You! This we pray with all our heart, soul and mind in the name of Jesus, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. As we continue our study, Let's look at STEP #11 - Face One Day At A Time!
a. In Matt 6:33, we read, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you".
1. When we make our priority spirtual, God will take care of the material things we need.
2. When God guides, He provides. The opposite is also true.
3. We are to seek first the righteousness that is characteristic of God's kingdom.
b. In Matt 6:34, we read, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thoughts for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof".
1. Each day will have its own troubles and challenges to be responsibly handled.
2. We are called not to worry but to trust God.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! Has God nor shown us what to seek first, and promised to provide our needs? He has given us the KEY to living: "ONE DAY AT A TIME". So why are we seeking earthly things instead of His kingdom and His righteousness? Do we not trust God? Do we not take Him at His word? Are you one of those people that will reply, "Yes, but". Our own thoughts will convict us. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God's blessings flow into our hearts and fill us till they overflow with His love, grace, mercy and forgiveness. In His Love, Vic.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
A Glorious Morning To Everyone! How beautiful and refreshing is the rain! Praise God and give Him all the glory.
PRAYER: " Heavenly Father, Most High God! Equip us and arm us for the battle against Your enemies and ours. Clothe us with Your full armor so we may stand against the devil's schemes. Teach us to pray in the Spirit, and to be alert, watching and ready. We have chosen to stand with You , and to wage war against the forces of darkness. Teach us how to maintain our readiness, to understand the depth of Your truth, Your righteousness, and Your battle plan. Arm us with Your Word as we walk with Christ in salvation, in powerful prayers, in the knowledge of Your Word, and unto victory. We rejoice in Your victory and in Your glory. This we pray this morning in Jesus' blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. The Bible continues to teach us about "AVOID TEMPTATIONS".
a. Eph 5:1 says, "Have no fellowsdhip with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them (expose them)".
1. Notice that the works of darkness are alway unfruitful. So why do them?
2. Notice also the duty of believers is to expose the unfriutful works of darkness.
3. Negatively, we are to have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness.
4. We are not to indulge in the sins of the unsaved.
5. Positively, we are to expose the unfruitful works of darkness.
6. How do we do this? We bring them to the light and show them for what they really are.
7. WHY? So the unbeliever may see the hideous works of darkness and understand the consequences of such works.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! We know that sin corrupts. God creates a new creature in us when we put on Christ in baptism. We were once like the unbeliever, having fellowship and doing the unfruitful works of darkness. Christ died for us so He could equip us and arm us against the consequences of that life. He took us out of darkness and brought us into HIs marvelous light (TRUTH), so we may live in the light and not in darkness. But if we put on Christ and continue to live in darness, what would Jesus call us? HYPOCRITE! Are you a HYPOCRITE? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God Bless us today and open our heart, soul and mind so we may understand, believe and live in His LIGHT. In His Grace, Vic.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Goooooooooooooooood Morning Everyone! There is rain forecasted for us in the next two days. Praise God!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Providential God! Those who hope in the Lord will go from hopelessness to hopeful. Renew our strength O Lord, for You are not against us, but for us: to provide our every need. Through Your Word and by Your Son who brought us truth and grace, we have a hope for today and the hope of tomorrow. There are many today who have lost all they had, but who have not lost their hope in You. Thank You for being our strength when we are weak. Thank You for guiding us through our troublesome days. We parise You! We praise Your Holy name! This we pary today in the blessed name of Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGR: Following Jesus!
1. Paul teaches us in 2 Cor 6:14-18, how to avoid temptation.
a. Vs 14 - Says, "Be ye not unequally yoked with unbelievers"? WHY? For what fellowship has the righteous with the unrighteous; what fellowship has light with darkness?
b. Vs 15 - And what accord has Christ with worthlessness and wickedness? We have been called to Hloiness, to separate ourselves from this world, because though we are in the world, we are no longer of this world.
c. Vs 16 - And what agreement have we, who are the temple of the Spirit of God, with idods?
d. Vs 17 - God has called us to come out from them, and to be separated so God may receive us.....WHY?
e. Vs 18 - So God can be our Father and we can be His children.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! How can we be of this world and claim to love God at the same time? NOT POSSIBLE, unless we change and learn to avoid those things which cause us to sin and fall from grace. Therefore, let us be motivated by the fear of the Lord, energized by the love of Christ, exemplified by Jesus' life, and qualified by the hope we have in the Word and promises of God. To Be Continued!
May God Bless us today with edification and exhortation to His Word. In His Love, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts