Thursday, June 23, 2011
A Refreshing Morning To Everyone! God is so good! Let's give Him all the praise and glory!
PRAYER: "Eternal Father, From Everlasting to Everlasting God! You are an AWESOME God! You planned and purpose in eternity before the creation, how we should live our life. When we failed to live that life, You sent us Your only Son to show us how to live, and offered Him as a sacrificed for our sins, the perfect sacrifice. You gave us Your Son, Jesus Christ, to prove Your love and faithfulness. You have always not wanted that anyone of us should perish, but that all should come to repentance. You provided the one way for us to come unto You. You allowed Your Son to die for us so that we might live for Him. You resurrected Him from the grave to give us hope. You took Him back to heaven and sat Him at Your right side, and gave Him all power and authority. He was and is Your message of salvation and eternal life, to all who believe in Him and obey Him. For all that You have done and are doing....we thank You! This we pray with all our heart, soul and mind in the name of Jesus, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. As we continue our study, Let's look at STEP #11 - Face One Day At A Time!
a. In Matt 6:33, we read, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you".
1. When we make our priority spirtual, God will take care of the material things we need.
2. When God guides, He provides. The opposite is also true.
3. We are to seek first the righteousness that is characteristic of God's kingdom.
b. In Matt 6:34, we read, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thoughts for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof".
1. Each day will have its own troubles and challenges to be responsibly handled.
2. We are called not to worry but to trust God.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! Has God nor shown us what to seek first, and promised to provide our needs? He has given us the KEY to living: "ONE DAY AT A TIME". So why are we seeking earthly things instead of His kingdom and His righteousness? Do we not trust God? Do we not take Him at His word? Are you one of those people that will reply, "Yes, but". Our own thoughts will convict us. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God's blessings flow into our hearts and fill us till they overflow with His love, grace, mercy and forgiveness. In His Love, Vic.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
A Glorious Morning To Everyone! How beautiful and refreshing is the rain! Praise God and give Him all the glory.
PRAYER: " Heavenly Father, Most High God! Equip us and arm us for the battle against Your enemies and ours. Clothe us with Your full armor so we may stand against the devil's schemes. Teach us to pray in the Spirit, and to be alert, watching and ready. We have chosen to stand with You , and to wage war against the forces of darkness. Teach us how to maintain our readiness, to understand the depth of Your truth, Your righteousness, and Your battle plan. Arm us with Your Word as we walk with Christ in salvation, in powerful prayers, in the knowledge of Your Word, and unto victory. We rejoice in Your victory and in Your glory. This we pray this morning in Jesus' blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. The Bible continues to teach us about "AVOID TEMPTATIONS".
a. Eph 5:1 says, "Have no fellowsdhip with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them (expose them)".
1. Notice that the works of darkness are alway unfruitful. So why do them?
2. Notice also the duty of believers is to expose the unfriutful works of darkness.
3. Negatively, we are to have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness.
4. We are not to indulge in the sins of the unsaved.
5. Positively, we are to expose the unfruitful works of darkness.
6. How do we do this? We bring them to the light and show them for what they really are.
7. WHY? So the unbeliever may see the hideous works of darkness and understand the consequences of such works.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! We know that sin corrupts. God creates a new creature in us when we put on Christ in baptism. We were once like the unbeliever, having fellowship and doing the unfruitful works of darkness. Christ died for us so He could equip us and arm us against the consequences of that life. He took us out of darkness and brought us into HIs marvelous light (TRUTH), so we may live in the light and not in darkness. But if we put on Christ and continue to live in darness, what would Jesus call us? HYPOCRITE! Are you a HYPOCRITE? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God Bless us today and open our heart, soul and mind so we may understand, believe and live in His LIGHT. In His Grace, Vic.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Goooooooooooooooood Morning Everyone! There is rain forecasted for us in the next two days. Praise God!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Providential God! Those who hope in the Lord will go from hopelessness to hopeful. Renew our strength O Lord, for You are not against us, but for us: to provide our every need. Through Your Word and by Your Son who brought us truth and grace, we have a hope for today and the hope of tomorrow. There are many today who have lost all they had, but who have not lost their hope in You. Thank You for being our strength when we are weak. Thank You for guiding us through our troublesome days. We parise You! We praise Your Holy name! This we pary today in the blessed name of Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGR: Following Jesus!
1. Paul teaches us in 2 Cor 6:14-18, how to avoid temptation.
a. Vs 14 - Says, "Be ye not unequally yoked with unbelievers"? WHY? For what fellowship has the righteous with the unrighteous; what fellowship has light with darkness?
b. Vs 15 - And what accord has Christ with worthlessness and wickedness? We have been called to Hloiness, to separate ourselves from this world, because though we are in the world, we are no longer of this world.
c. Vs 16 - And what agreement have we, who are the temple of the Spirit of God, with idods?
d. Vs 17 - God has called us to come out from them, and to be separated so God may receive us.....WHY?
e. Vs 18 - So God can be our Father and we can be His children.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! How can we be of this world and claim to love God at the same time? NOT POSSIBLE, unless we change and learn to avoid those things which cause us to sin and fall from grace. Therefore, let us be motivated by the fear of the Lord, energized by the love of Christ, exemplified by Jesus' life, and qualified by the hope we have in the Word and promises of God. To Be Continued!
May God Bless us today with edification and exhortation to His Word. In His Love, Vic.
Monday, June 20, 2011
A Blessed Morning To Everyone! It's a new week and not a do over week; so let's praise our God for His love and grace. Give him all the glory!
PRAYER: "Beloved Father, Awesome God! We pray this morning that the eyes of our heart will be opened to see the Hope to which You have called us; to see Your incomarably great power at work in us, through us and all around us; to see the riches of Your glory and love.
Help us to understand our glorious inheritance. Enable us to comprehend the magnitude of Your power in our life. Take away our unbelief and fill us with a hunger and thirst to seek Your truth and power as it is manifested in our life to Your glory, praise and honor. This we pray in the blessed name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. As we continue to look at STEP #10 - AVOID TEMPTATION, we turn to Ps 26, where David said, "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart", (Vs 2).
2. How was David able to make such a statement? He tells us how in vs 3 thru 7.
a. Vs 3 - He kept God's loving-kindness before his eyes and he walked in God's truth.
b. Vs 4 - He did not sit with idolatrous persons, nor go with hypocrites.
c. Vs 5 - He hated evildoers and had nothing to do with the wicked.
d. Vs 6-7 - He washed his hands in innocency, so he could proclaim with thanksgiving the good news of God's wondrous works.
3. THINK ABOUT THIS! David, who was being accused falsely, declares his avoidance to temptations; he petitions God for deliverance, promised a public acknowledgment (Vs 12) and blesses the Lord. Would you like to learn how to avoid temptations? Look closely at the 9 things David did in the verses above, and them apply them to your life. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God bless us and help us to pray like David as together we seek our God's loving-kindness and truth. In His Love and Grace, Vic.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Wake Up To A Beautiful Sunday Morning Everyone! AH!!!! Today's hymn is a song of gladness and praise. H. J. Zelley created the words in 1899, and G. H. Cook wrote rhe music to it, also in 1899. The inspiration for this great hymn came from John 8:12, "I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life".
TITLE: Heavenly Sunlight
1. Walking in sunlight, all of my journey;
Over the mountain, thru the deep vale;
Jesus has said, "I'll never forsake thee,"
Promise divine that never can fail.
2. Shadows around me, shadows above me,
Never conceal my Savior and Guide;
He is the light, in Him is no darkness,
Ever I'm walking close to His side.
3. In the bright sunlight, ever rejoicing,
Pressing my way to mansions above;
Singing His praises, gladly I'm walking,
Walking in sunlight, sunlight of love.
Heavenly sunlight, heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine;
Halllelujah! I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine.
Have a wonderful Sunday of worship and praise! God Bless, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts