Friday, June 10, 2011
Gooooooooooooood Morning Everyone! Thank you for all your wonderful responses and comments. Give God all the glory and praise.
PRAYER: "Loving and Merciful Father, Creator of everthing in this universe. Teach us to be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. Help us to be the person of powerful prayers. Teach us to be prayer warriors. We do not want to be a person that prays sporadically, but rather one who is filled with joy and hope and prays without ceasing.
Show us how to grow in our faith. Enable us to reach up to You with loving and grateful hearts as we apply Your word to our life. Enable us to always come before You with sincere hearts. This we pray in the blessed name of Jesus who died for us, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. In STEP 9 "Substituting Good habits For Bad Ones", we have a practical guideleine for changing our life to God's will.
a. Eph 4:22-24, commanded us to "put off the old man, put on the new man, by renewing the spirit of our mind".
b. Eph 4:25 thru 5:2, gives us five sinful habits we are to discard and replace.
1. Replace lying with truth by speaking the truth in love.
2. Replace sinful anger with brief indigation and deny the Devil an opportunity.
3. Replace theft with hard work so we can have the means to meet needs.
4. Replace foul language with gracious speech in order to build up others.
5. Replace resentment and wrath with kindness and forgiveness since we have been forgiven.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! Not only does the scripture tell us "WHAT" we must do to change, but it provides also the "HOW annd WHY". This is just a start in the right direction, and God is helping us to change. Which of the five is still a stumbling block for you? To Be Continued Monday!
May God help us to be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer and grateful for His help. In His Love, Grace and Mercy, Vic.
Thursday, June 09, 2011
A Glorious Morning To Everyone! Swimming is such a great workout! Everyone ought to try it. Praise God!
PRAYER: " Awesome Father, Loving God! We thank You for the Spirit that helps us in our weaknesses: that helps us to pray when we can't find the right words to express our feelings and concerns. We are grateful that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us in accordance with Your will. He knows Your will, He knows our needs, and He know what to pray. Guide us and teach us through Your Spirit when we have exhausted all words. Enable us to communicate our deepest thoughts, feelings, fears and doubts, so that our prayers may reach the awesome heart of our loving God. These things we ask in the blessed name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. Let's now move on to STEP #8 - Diligently Practice What Is Right!
a. All the knowledge in the world is of no value unless we apply that knowledge to our life.
b. All the good attitudes in the world will not get the job done unless we follow up with actions.
c. 1 Cor 15:58 instructs as follows:
1. Be ye steadfast.
2. Be ye unmovable.
3. Be always abounding in the work of the Lord.
4. WHY? Because our labor in the Lord is never in vain.
d. James 1:22-25 commands us to be DOERS of the word, and not just hearers only. WHY? Because "Hearers only" deceive themselves.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! We change only when we compel ourselves to do what is right. And God tells us what is right. Then we need to repeat it over and over again until it becomes "second nature" to us. God doesn't promise us that the change will be easy, but does promise us that it is possible. How diligent are you to obey His word and to do what it says? To Be Conntinued Tomorrow.
May God bless us as we become true "DOERS" of the Word, and not just hearers only.
In His Love, Vic.
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
A Blessed Morning To Everyone! We had a GOOOOOOOOOOD RAIN yesterday. Thank You Lord! Give God all the glory.
PRAYER: "Loving Father, Redeeming God! Help us to remember the picture of what You have done for us and what You are doing for us. You have made us the greatest nation in this world. Yet, the same problems which headline today's news are found in the first eleven chapters of the Book of Genesis. These problems grow from disobedience to Your Word, deception, greed and rebellion on our part. Have we not learned anything from history? Out of Your great love for us, You have called us into a personal relationship with You; You have given us Your Laws, You have given us Your Promises and Jesus to motivate us unto righteous living. Yet, our nation stands in the midst of corruption, greed and wickedness. Still, You have separated us for Yourself aa a Holy nation. You provide hope to us beyond our many failures. Oh, preserve Your Word that paints the picture of salvation to the faithful. Forgive us of our failures and shortcomings. Be merciful unto us and enable Your Love to work and guide us unto glory and heaven. This we pray in the glorious name of Jesus our Redeemer, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. Let's look now at STEP #7 - Seek Help From Other Christians!
a. James 5:16 teaches us three things:
1. To confess our faults one to another.
2. To pray for one another.
3. WHY? That we may be healed.
b. Gal 6:2 teaches us to "bear one another's burdens". WHY? In doing so we fulfill the law of Christ.
c. Matt 5:24 teaches us to reconcile ourselves, one to another. WHY? That we may be acceptable unto God.
d. Heb 10:24 innstructs us to consider one another to stir us up unto love and good works. WHY? This is doing God's will.
e. Heb 3:13 tells us to exhort one another daily. WHY? To prevent deceitfulness.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! God has given us each other to help us when healing is needed; to guide us when we are lost; to encourage us when edification is needed. This is why God sent Jesus to us. Why then do se seek isolation and separation when we should be seeking unity and holiness. AHHHH! Satan is at work. To whom do you belong? To Be Continued Tomorrow.
May God help us to see the BIG PICTURE of LIFE so we can make the right decisions.
In His Love, Vic.
Tuesday, June 07, 2011
Aloha Everyone! It rained here yesterday for 5 minutes. Praise God! Thank you for your comments and responses.
PRAYER: "Beloved Father, Faithful God! Teach us how to hold on! Help us to consider Jesus who endured such opposition from sinners, so we will not grow weary and lose heart when life becomes hard or difficult. Grant us patience and endurance like Him. Grant us Your wisdom that we may be able to stand firm and fear not. We face many trials over the years , and we know Satan is behind everyone of them, trying to destroy our faith, our hope and our love in You. Enable us to take whatever test, ploy, lie or enticement he uses against us, and help us to put it under the light of Your scripture and expose it. We know that Your power and truth will never waiver, and we will be able to HOLD ON with Your help. Help us to take hold of Your power and strenfth, to turn to You in our hour of need, as we go about glorifying You our God. This we pray in the blessed name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus.
1. What should we ask God to do?
a. Pray for God's help to change.
1. Jesus taught his disciples to pray in Matt 6:13, "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil...".
2. This is a plea for providential help from God in our daily life with the confrontations with the evil one and the temptations of sin.
b. Jesus says in Matt 26:41, to watch and pray so we won't enter temptations because the spirit is willing bit the flesh is weak.
1. 1 Thes 5:17 encourages us to pray without ceasing.
2. Paul asked for help from the Colossians in Col 4:2, to pray that God would open the door of utterance so he could speak the mystery of Christ.
2. THINK ABOUT THIS! Does God not know our problems or request before we even ask them? Sure, He does! But He will not act on them until we ask for His help, so we may grow in our faith and in our trust in Him. Do you want to change? Ask God for His help. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God hear our prayers and requests for help, and answer them according to His good will.
In His Love and Power, Vic.
Monday, June 06, 2011
Goooooooooooood Morning Everyone! We trust everyone had a restful weekend and are ready now to face the new week's challenges. Praise God!
PRAYER: Loving Father, Most High God! Seaparate us from the world for the work to which You have called us. Reveal our calling and purpose in prayer and through prayer. Define it within the body of believers, the Church, with whom we can grow. Help us to be the Church You want us to be as we pray together, work together, and grow in unity and in power. Define us by Your Spirit and Your Word. Enable us to be sanctified, set apart, for the work You began and now call us to do. Grant us the knowledge, faith, and love we need to do it. Bless us and be our guide and strength. This we pray in the blessed name of our Beloved Jesus, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. We have now seen Five Steps which shows us how to change.
a. Change our purpose in life.
b. Believe we can change with God's help.
c. Study the Bible about our habits.
d. Repent of our sins.
e. Develop a plan of action.
2. Now let's look at Step Six:
a. Pray regularly!
b. Pray for forgiveness.
1. To become a Christian, we need to believe in Jesus, repent of our sins, confess Jesus as our Lord, and be baptized into Jesus for the forgiveness of our sins (Mark 16:16; Rom 10:9-10; Acts 2:38; and 22:16).
2. If we sin afterwards (and we do), we need to repent and ask for forgiveness (Acts 8:22; 1 John 1:8-10; Prov 28:13; Matt 6:12).
3. THINK ABOUT THIS! Why pray if we are not willing to change in accordance with God's will? Making only some changes is not acceptable to God. We are either in all the way, or we are out! To Be Continued Tomorrow.
May God Help us seek His help and guidance, and bless us through the means of daily prayer and forgiveness. In His Mercy, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts