Thursday, April 28, 2011
A Spendid Morning To Everyone! We delight in your comments and responses, and welcome them. Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Beloved God! We know there are people all around us who need to hear Your message of salvation, of hope and truth. Help us to be concerned and aware of their needs. It may be people whom we might not even notice, but whom You love dearly. Like You, we do not want to see anyone go into everlasting punishment. Reveal these people in need to us. Help us to pray for them and to teach them Your good Word. Prepare their hearts to receive the engrafted word and enable us to deliver the message with love. This we pray and ask in the glorious name of Jesus our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. God's will for us is all about us following Jesus.
a. To do God's will we must change our way of thinking.
b. To do God's will we must become doers of the Word.
c. To do God's will we must become like Jesus.
2. Is it possible to be saved and still miss the grace of God?
a. Heb 12:14 warns us to make every effort to live in peace with all men, and to be HOLY, because without holiness, no one will see the Lord.
1. We are commanded to love everyone; this doesn't mean we have to like what they are, what they do, nor to whom they belong (Love the sinner but not their sin).
2. We are also commanded to "live in peace with all men", as much as possible.
3. We are commanded to be HOLY; God said, I am Holy, therefore be ye Holy.
4. How do we become HOLY (set apart for sacred use)? Only by being saved by the gospel of Christ and by becoming like Him in our daily living.
b. Vs 15 warns us to see that we do not miss the grace of God, which is our salvation.
1. Our relationship with God depends on our relationship with others, and the right relationship depends on our likeness to Christ.
2. We may not always feel so loving towards others, but we must pursue peace with them, a feat we can do only by becoming more like Christ Jesus.
3. What do you think about this? Is it possible that after we have obeyed the gospel of Christ (saved) , we might miss the grace of God by failing to become like Jesus and making Him Lord? What does it mean to us and our desire to go to heaven? Paul warns us again in Gal 5:4 that we can fall from grace; and in vs 25, to live by the Spirit, and keep in step with the Spirit. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God Bless us and make us strong to keep the faith and in step with His Word (Jesus) and His Spirit. In His Grace, Vic.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
A Glorious Morning To Everyone! I appreciate all your comments and insights to yesterday's message and prayer. Praise God!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Divine God! We thank You for godly friends! We ask that You will always provide us with good godly friends....friends that influence us, and encourage and inspire us to walk closer to Jesus. We thank You for Christian friends that tell us the truth in love, who give us sound counsel, and help us in times of trouble. Enable us to be that kind of friend, one to another, always. Help us to draw closer to Jesus each day. This we pray in His blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. What is the goal of a disciple? Is it not to become like Jesus? And how do we become a disciple? Is it not through salvation? Our task then is to be saved and make Jesus LORD!
a. Paul puts it this way in Gal 2:20:
1. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live, yet not I, Christ lives in me"....
a. "To be crucufied with Christ: means we are free from the law and from the ruling power of sin (WE HAVE BEEN SAVED).
b. "Christ lives in me" means the old sinful life (The Old Man) no longer assert itself as before, that Jesus cultivates within us His desires, virtues, character, and power, thus transforming us (The New Man) and now works through us.
2. "and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me".
a. "I live by faith" means we depend on Jesus for strength and all our necessities.
b. This means we give Him total control (we make HIM LORD).
b. What do you think about this? How can we say we ARE Christians (Christ-Like) and saved, if we do not imitate Jesus, if we are still following the way of the world? The life we live, either confirms or contridicts who and what we are, and to whom we belong. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God bless everyone with salvation and understanding. In His Love, Vic.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
A Blessed morning to Everyone! Let me thank each of you who commented on yesterday's prayer and/or message. Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Holy Father, Redeeming God! Thank You that it is never too late to turn to You while there is breath in our bodies . It iis never too late to experience the restoration of us, but let us not wait till the last moment, nor until it is too late. Even though we may feel that there has been time wasted in our life, when we did not live fully for You, we pray You will redeem that time wasted, lost and ruin and help us to live fully for Thee from that point on, and restore that wasted time to your glory. This we ask and pray in the glorious name of Jesus our Master, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. As we study scripture, we see that the whole concept of needing to change ourselves and changing our purpose in life, is to enable us to follow Jesus.
2. So in learning How to change ourselves and our purpose in life, not only do we need to change our love and dedication to God, but also we must learn to imitate Jesus.
a. In Luke 6:40, Jesus said, "The disciple is not above his master, but EVERYONE that is perfect (Fully trained in accordance with the teacher's instructions) SHALL BE AS HIS MASTER".
b. The traing is available for everyone that desire to be like Jesus.
c. To not desire this training cancels out our hope of eternal life.
d. To not become" like Him" places our eternal home in jeopardy.
3. What do you think about this? Why train at all if we do not desire to be like Him or to be with Him? Is this not what worldly people do? Therefore, a change has to take place in our life. Many will want to be "with Him" but not to be "Like Him"....that's too hard. THIS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE lORD. To Be Continued tomorroow!
May God bless us and show us how to train qnd become like Jesus.
In His Love, Vic.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Gooooooooooood Morning Everyone! We hope everyone had a GRAND WEEKEND! Praise God for it!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Glorious God! As we pray to You this morning and seek you mercy and forgiveness, we need to ask ourselves two questions: What can wash away my sins? And what can make me whole again? The answer to both questions is the same...."NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS". How precious that blood is that He shed for us at calvary; how precious that blood was, is and will always be, because there is nothing else that can accomplish these two gifts from God except the blood of Christ our Lord. Enables us Father to remember these two gifts as we go about daily seeking your mercy and forgiveness. This we pray in the Blessed name of Jesus our Redeemer, Amen".
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. To be able to follow Jesus we must change our PURPOSE IN LIFE/.
2. We have seen scriptures of WHAT and WHY we must change our lives. Let's continue now to look at HOW!
a. 1 John 2:15-17 - teaches us what our first love needs to be.
1. Vs 15 - "Love not the world, neither the things in the world. If any MAN love the world, the love of the Father is not in him".
a. It is hard to change a specific action if we are not totally dedicated to God.
b. To follow Jesus we must "STOP LOVING THE WORLD and THE THINGS IN THE WORLD". WHY? Next two verses ansers the question.
2. Vs 16-17 - "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but of the world. And the world passes away, the lust thereof, but he that does the will of God abides forever".
a. If we seek God, than we are seeking those things which are eternal and not passing away.
b. The world has nothing eternal except the those who are in Christ. The world is passing away and will pass away.
3. What do you think about this? The world signifies the evil desires and sin that is so much a part of human existence: physical desires, personal desire, and self-interest. These are all contrary to God's will and will keep us from entering heaven UNLESS WE CHANGE OURSELVES and OUR PURPOSE IN LIFE. To Be Contin ued Tomorrow!
May God help us to see, to change, and to follow Jesus. In Hod GREAT LOVE, Vic.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Happy Easter Everyone! Today's spiritual hymn is one of my favorites, one that I learned many years ago. The words and the music was written by A. H. Ackley in 1933. The inspiration for this hymn came from Matt 28:1-10, "He is not here, He is risen".
TITLE: He Lives
1. I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever man may say;
I see His hands of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.
2. In all the world around me, I see His loving care,
And tho my heart grows weary, I never will dispair;
I know that He is leading, thru all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing, will come al last.
3. Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing,
Eternal Hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King;
The hope of all who seek Him, the help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind.
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me, and talks with me, along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.
Have a Happy Easter! In His Love, Grace and Mercy, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts