Sunday, May 01, 2011
Goooooooooood Morning Everyone! Today's lyrics were written by Jessie Brown Pounds in 1887, and the music by Helen Alexander Dixon in 1915. The inspiration for this hymn came from Matthew 8:23-26, "Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a greart calm".
TITLE: Anywhere With Jesus
1. Anywhere with Jesus, I can safely go, Anywhere He leads in this world below;
Antwhere without Him dearest joys would fade, Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid.
2. Anywhere with Jesus , I am not alone; Other friends may fail me, He is still my own;
Tho his hands may lead me over dreaest ways, Anywhere with Jesus is a house of praise.
3. Anywhere with Jesus, over land and sea, Telling souls in darkness of salvation free;
Ready as He summons me to go or stay, Anywhere with Jesus when He points the way.
4. Anywhere with Jesus, I can go to sleep, When the darking shadows round about me creep,
Knowing I shall waken nevermore to roam; Anywhere with Jesus will be home, sweet home.
Anywhere, anywhere! Fear I cannot know;
Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go.
Have a wonderful day of worship and praise! In His Care, Vic.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Gooooooooooooooooooooood Morning Everyone! Yesterday we spoke about our God who is illuminating. Today's hymn follows that theme. The words and the music were created by Graham Kendrick in 1988, and rearranged by Ken Young in 1993. The inspiration for this hymn came from John 12:46, where Jesus said, "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes in me should not abide in darkness".
TITLE" Shine, Jesus Shine
1. Lord, the light of Your love is shining.
In the midst of the darkness, shining,
Jesus, Light of the world, shine upon us,
Set us free by the truth You now bring us;
Shine on me, shine on me.
2. Lord, I come to Your awesome presence,
From the shadows into Your radiance,
By the blood I may enter Your brightness,
Search me, try me, consume all my darkness,
Shine on me, shine on me.
Shine, Jesus, shine, fill this land with the Father's glory.
Blaze, Spirit , blaze, set out hearts on fire,
Flow, river, flow, flood the nations with grace and mercy,
Send forth Your Word, Lord, and let there be light!
Thank You all for your wonderful and inspiring comments!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND and GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU!
In His Light, Vic.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Aloha Everyone! WOW! Another week has gone by and we have been blessed everyday of it. Give God all praises, glory and honor!
PRAYER: "Loving Father, Illuminating God! Do not let our enemy gloat over us. Although we have fallen, we will rise again. Although we sit in darkness, the Lord will be our shining light. You are an awesome God! You are always there to lift us up when we fall, when we repent and turn to You for deliverance. Even when we sink into darkness, You light our way out of that darkness. We parise You as the Light of our life and the Keeper of the flame that burns within our hearts. You are indeed a Loving and Illuminatin God! Thank You! This we pray in Jesus' precious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. Listen to Paul in Col 3:10:
a. "And put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him".
1. The new man is the person we are supposed to become after we have been saved.
2. The new man possesses a new nature, new values, new aspiriations, and a new lifestyle.
3. The new man is constantly being renewed and developed daily until he attains a mature knowledge of God, who (re)created him.
b. The more we know and understand of God, the more we will be like God in character and in conduct.
c. This is what God call us to change.
2. What do you think about this? Are you being renewed and developed daily? Are you growing in character and conduct like God? Or have you ceased to grow spiritually as well as physically? To Be Continued Monday!
May God illuminate the way for us to see and understand what He wants us to become.
In His blessed Mercy and Grace, Vic.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
A Spendid Morning To Everyone! We delight in your comments and responses, and welcome them. Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Beloved God! We know there are people all around us who need to hear Your message of salvation, of hope and truth. Help us to be concerned and aware of their needs. It may be people whom we might not even notice, but whom You love dearly. Like You, we do not want to see anyone go into everlasting punishment. Reveal these people in need to us. Help us to pray for them and to teach them Your good Word. Prepare their hearts to receive the engrafted word and enable us to deliver the message with love. This we pray and ask in the glorious name of Jesus our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. God's will for us is all about us following Jesus.
a. To do God's will we must change our way of thinking.
b. To do God's will we must become doers of the Word.
c. To do God's will we must become like Jesus.
2. Is it possible to be saved and still miss the grace of God?
a. Heb 12:14 warns us to make every effort to live in peace with all men, and to be HOLY, because without holiness, no one will see the Lord.
1. We are commanded to love everyone; this doesn't mean we have to like what they are, what they do, nor to whom they belong (Love the sinner but not their sin).
2. We are also commanded to "live in peace with all men", as much as possible.
3. We are commanded to be HOLY; God said, I am Holy, therefore be ye Holy.
4. How do we become HOLY (set apart for sacred use)? Only by being saved by the gospel of Christ and by becoming like Him in our daily living.
b. Vs 15 warns us to see that we do not miss the grace of God, which is our salvation.
1. Our relationship with God depends on our relationship with others, and the right relationship depends on our likeness to Christ.
2. We may not always feel so loving towards others, but we must pursue peace with them, a feat we can do only by becoming more like Christ Jesus.
3. What do you think about this? Is it possible that after we have obeyed the gospel of Christ (saved) , we might miss the grace of God by failing to become like Jesus and making Him Lord? What does it mean to us and our desire to go to heaven? Paul warns us again in Gal 5:4 that we can fall from grace; and in vs 25, to live by the Spirit, and keep in step with the Spirit. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God Bless us and make us strong to keep the faith and in step with His Word (Jesus) and His Spirit. In His Grace, Vic.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
A Glorious Morning To Everyone! I appreciate all your comments and insights to yesterday's message and prayer. Praise God!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Divine God! We thank You for godly friends! We ask that You will always provide us with good godly friends....friends that influence us, and encourage and inspire us to walk closer to Jesus. We thank You for Christian friends that tell us the truth in love, who give us sound counsel, and help us in times of trouble. Enable us to be that kind of friend, one to another, always. Help us to draw closer to Jesus each day. This we pray in His blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. What is the goal of a disciple? Is it not to become like Jesus? And how do we become a disciple? Is it not through salvation? Our task then is to be saved and make Jesus LORD!
a. Paul puts it this way in Gal 2:20:
1. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live, yet not I, Christ lives in me"....
a. "To be crucufied with Christ: means we are free from the law and from the ruling power of sin (WE HAVE BEEN SAVED).
b. "Christ lives in me" means the old sinful life (The Old Man) no longer assert itself as before, that Jesus cultivates within us His desires, virtues, character, and power, thus transforming us (The New Man) and now works through us.
2. "and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me".
a. "I live by faith" means we depend on Jesus for strength and all our necessities.
b. This means we give Him total control (we make HIM LORD).
b. What do you think about this? How can we say we ARE Christians (Christ-Like) and saved, if we do not imitate Jesus, if we are still following the way of the world? The life we live, either confirms or contridicts who and what we are, and to whom we belong. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God bless everyone with salvation and understanding. In His Love, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts