Thursday, April 21, 2011
A Blessed Morning To Everyone! What a wonderful feeling to be able to see light in the midst of darkness. Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Illuminating God! Prause be to your name forever and ever; wisdom and power are yours. It seems that sometimes in the middle of the night our problems appear larger. Darkness brings its own sources of fear and danger. Remind us O Lord, that You never sleep and we can come to you day and night. Give us the treasure of faith in times of darkness, and reveal to us the mysteries stored in secret places. Drive all fear from us by your great love, and fill our darkness with your marvelous light. This we ask and pray in the name of Jesus our Redeemer, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. As we look at HOW we need to change ourselves, according to God's plan for us, we see that the first step is to Change Our Purpose in life.
a. 1 John 4:9 - Love is the key that opens many mysteries for us.
1. "God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him".
2. To grasp God's love aright, we must look at HOW God demonstrated that love.
3. This verse reveals the PURPOSE of why He sent Jesus to us...."So we may live through Him".
b. 1 John 4:10 - The standard for God's great compassion is revealed in this verse:
1. "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, (and to prove it), and sent his Son to be a propitiation (an atoning sacrifice) for our sins".
2. This was God's own action on our behalf.
3. Jesus satisfied God's demmand to punish sin while at the same time providing for us a way to change so we may come to God without being punished.
4. God will never accept sin, but will punish sin; only in Christ Jesus can we stand sinless before God. To Be Continued!
May God help us to understand His Great Love and compassion for us. In His Love, Vic.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Goooooooooood Morning Everyone! It's GREAT to be living and serving the Living God. Give Him all praises!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Living God! There are areas in our life that seem dead to us. These areas need an infusion of your breath of life. Dreams we once had, seem as if they are dead, because for so long they have not yet been a reality. We know You can make dry bones into a vast army. We know can bring life to anything we pray about. Breathe life into these areas that are dead, so we may become totally alive. You are an Awesome God, and everything is possible with You. This we ask in the precious name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. Having seen two good reasons WHY we need to change ourselves according to God's instructions in Eph 4:22-24, let's now turn our attention to HOW!
a. Eph 4:23 tells us we need to be renewed in the spirit of the mind.
b. But HOW do we accomplish this?
2. Rom 12:1-2 gives us the steps to follow:
a. Vs 1 - We are to present our bodies as "LIVING SACRIFICES' to God.
1. Not as dead ones in the Old Testament, but as LIVE ONES.
2. This is a LIVING SACRIFICE that is HOLY (set apart to be like God), for God will not accept anything that is not Holy.
3. A body that has been an instrument of sin must now become an instrument of righteousness.
4. It is our reasonable service to perform and be a channel through which God's righteousness is manifested.
b. Vs 2 - We start by no longer conforming to the pattern of this world.
1. We are to be transformed by the renewing of our mind (pour into a new mold).
2. We must teach the mind to prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
3. So we must learn to think as God thinks, have different value systems from the world, and not conduct ourselves as those in the world, but as God does.
3. What do you think about this? We have been given two examples to choose from: The world, or Jesus. Which one is going to lead you to heaven? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God help us as we make this transformation of ourselves to His pleasing will and follow the example of Jesus. In His Love, Vic.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
A Gracious Morning To Everyone! Thank you for your marvelous comments on yesterday's message. Praise God!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Almighty God! We lift up this nation to You, a nation which you have blessed above all nations, a nation that has turned it's back on You. We lift her up to You with all her sins and rebellion and ask You to have mercy upon her. Help us not to reap the full consequences of what we have sown as a nation. We, who are Your children in Christ Jesus, stand at the gap to invoke your power on her behalf. Do not judge her as she deserves, but rather pour out Your Spirit over her and bring millions of people to You. Let our prayer touch Your heart for we ask this, not for ourselves, but for millions in the name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. We are looking at reasons WHY we need to change our life in accordance with God's will and instruction.
a. Here is a scene of the judgment of the nations (Matt 25:31-34,41). (Jesus is speaking).
1. Vs 31, "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory". Is our nation not being judged now?
2. Vs 32, "And before him shall be gathered all the nations, and He shall SEPARATE THEM ONE FROM ANOTHER, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats." What criteria will He use to separate one from another?
3. Vs 33, "And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left." What is significant about being on the "Right side of God"?
4. Vs 34, To them on his right hand he will say, "Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world". Are not the "blessed of my Father" those who have done the Father's will? Is their reward not the kingdom of God, prepared for them?
5. Vs 41, To them on his left hand he will say, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels". Has God not set the destiny of all nations and revealed to them what will judge them?
b. What do you think about this? We, who have changed our life in accordance with God's will and instructions, have the responsibility to demonstrate and teach those who have not changed, WHY, they need to change, because their destiny will be determined by their decision. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God have mercy upon us and help us to teach milliuons to change their life before it's too late. In His Love and Mercy, Vic.
Monday, April 18, 2011
A Blessed Monday Morning Everyone! A GREAT WEEKEND! Thank you for your weekend responses. Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Holy and Righteous God! We do not want to look back over our life, even as recently as yesterday, and feel bad about ourselves because of things we have done wrong. Help us to quickly recognize and confess our sins. Enable us to live in such a way that we do not have regrets over words we have spoken, or thoughts we have considered, or actions we have done. Teach us to fully repent and surrender so that You will lift the burdens of sin from our heart and soul. Thank You Father for listening to our prayer. This we ask and pray in Jesus' name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. Friday we saw a good reason WHY ((Luke 6:44-49), we need to change our life once we become a Christian.
2. Now, let's look at another reason (Matt 7:21-23):
a. In Vs 21, Jesus says, "Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven".
1. Not everyone that professes Jesus Christ is genuinely saved.
2. Verbal acknowledgement of His Lordship is not enough (That's lip service).
3. To enter the kingdom of heaven we must also do the will of the Father in heaven.
4. The Father has told us through Jesus His will in Eph 4:22-24......that we must change our life and transfer power and control to the new man whom God has created in us.
b. In Vs 22, Jesus says, "Many (not a few but MANY) will say to me in that day (The Day of Judgement), Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? And in your name have cast out demons, and in your name done may wonderful works?"
1. But whose work were they doing? Their's ot God's?
2. And for whose glory? Their's or God's?
c. In Vs 23, Jesus replied to their questions: "I never knew you: depart from me, you that work lawlessness".
1. These are harsh words to hear; yet, be warned.
2. Failure to do WHAT go has told us to do in Eph 4:22-24, will shut the gates of heaven to us.
3. What do you think about this? Faith is not just professing Jesus as Lord, but also living the new life. What words would you hear if Jesus was to call you to eternity today? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God help us to understand the Will of God and enable us to change our life in conformance with God's will. In His Grace, Vic.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Happy Sunday Morning Everyone! Today's hymn was created by Robert S. Arnold in 1935.
He created both the words and the music. His inspiration for this hymn came from Rev 21:4: "There will be no more death or mourning or crying...".
TITLE: No Tears In Heaven
1. No tears in heaven, no sorrow given, All will be glory in that land;
There be no sadness, all will be gladness, When we shall join the happy band.
2. Glory is waiting, waiting up yonder, Where we shall spend an endless day;
There with our Savior, we'll be forever, Where no sorrow can dismay.
3. Some morning younder, we'll cease to ponder, O'er things this life has bro't to view;
All will be clearer, saved ones be dearer, In heaven where all will be made new.
No tears (in heaven fair), no tears up there, sorrow and pain will all have flown;
No tears (in heaven fair), no tears up there, No tears in heaven will be known.
What glory awaits us! Praise God! In His Love, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts