Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Aloha SP Members! Thanks to all of you who responded with comments to the new lesson. Praise God for it!
PRAYER: " Heavenly Father, Divine God! Let us never seek great things for ourselves because they only lead to disaster. But grant us a way to escape with our lives as we seek to serve You, our God. Be with us in the most trying and difficult areas of our lives. Help us in ways we cannot even comprehend. Even when there is trouble ahead, we will not fear nor be afraid because with walk with You, and You will not let us fall. You bring balance to our lives and we thank You. Teach us not to complain nor murmur for we know You will make a way for us to come through all of life's challenges. This we pray in the glorious name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. How can we change ourselves?
a. Let's look at Eph 4:22-24 more closely"
1. Life is a daily balancing of many activities.
2. Vs 22 says we must "Putoff the old man" (get rid of old bad habits). How?
3. Vs 23 say "to be renewed in the spirit of the mind" (That's how). Why?
4. Vs 24 say we must "put on the new man" (That's why).
b. When we put away something (bad habits) , we must of necessity replace it with something new (good habits); otherwise, we will create an unbalanced life.
1. An unbalanced life occurs when we:
a. Put off one thing and fail to replace it with something better; or,
b. Put on something new and forget to get rid of an old one.
c. This creates issues, conflicts, revolutions and wars in our life.
c. What does it mean "be renewed in the spirit of our mind"?
1. This is the key to understanding this concept and achieving ballance.
2. This means to transfer power and control.
a. The "old man" who has been in control must no longer be in control.
b. We must transfer power and control of our life to the "new man".
2. What do you think about this? When we obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ and become Christians, God washes away all our sins and create in us a new creature and a new life (putoff the old man and puton the new man). The new man now needs to take control of our life (that is one of the conditions of salvation); and than the new man starts "putting off the old man (bad habits) and putting on the new man (good habits)", by following the examples set by Jesus (that's the second condition of salvation). Many of us want to "putoff old habits", but fail to replace it with the "new habits". This leads to an unbalanced life with issues, frustrations and conflicts. Some of us try to add new habits but fail to get rid of the old habits, and this too leads to an unbalanced life. The question is: "Do we understand What, How and Why we have been called to make these changes in our life and live a balanced life? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God help us to see and discern this concept not only what he has called us to be, but how and why we need to make these changes according to His calling and instructions.
In His Love and Grace, Vic.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Goooooooooooooood Morning SP Members! We hope you had a wonderful weekend....we did! Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Gracious Father, Loving God! We need You to show us where to go and what to do. Teach us to always be in the right place at the right time. Keep us from wandering off like sheep. We lift up to You those decisions we need to make today with regard to our situations in our life, both hose that we know about and those that we are not expecting. Speak directly to our hearts and enable us to hear your instructions. Help us to do what You are teaching us to do. This we pray in the name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus.
1. Today we start a new series of lessons entitled: "How can we change ourselves?"
a. We are creatures of habits.
b. We all have difficulty with having to give up old habits.
c. We want to change but we continue to do the same things as before.
d. Habits of itself are not bad, unless there are serious consequences associated with them.
2. Eph 4:22-24 - Shows us that major changes must occur when we are converted.
a. Vs 22 - Put off......the old man, which is corrupted by lust".
b. Vs 23 - "Be renewed in the spirit of our mind".
c. Vs 24 - "Put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and holiness".
3. What do you think about this? God has washed away all of our sins. He has given us a new life and not a "DO-Over". God expects us to assume a new character and new conduct. A change must take place, otherwise, we have violated our agreement with God. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God show us and help us to change and become more like Christ Jesus.
In His Grace, Vic.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
A Blessed Sunday Morning To All SP Members! Here is another oldie and lovely hymn about Christian living. The words were created by Ralph E. Hudson in 1882, and the music by C. R. Dunbar, that same year. The inspiration came from Phil 1:21, "To live is Christ and to die is gain".
HYMN TITLE: I'll Live For Him
1. My life, my love, I give to thee, Thou Lamb of God, who died for me,
Oh, may I ever faithful be, My Savior and my God! ( REFRAIN)
2. I Now believe thou dost receive, For thou has died that I might live;
And henceforth I'll trust in Thee, My Savior and my God! (REFRAIN)
I'll live for Him who died for me: How happy then my life shall be!
I'll live for Him who died for me, My Savior and my God!
Have a blessed morning and experience the joy of worshipping our Savior and our God.
In His Love, Vic.
Saturday, April 09, 2011
Goooooooooooood Morning SP Members! Here is an oldie: The words were created by Charles W. Fry in 1881, and the music by William S. Hays, also 1881. The inspiration for this hymn came from Rev 22:16: " A testimony to give unto us that Jesus is the root and offspring of David ( the fulfillment of the messianic promise), and the bright and morning star (the one to bring the in the new messianic kingdom).
HYMN TITLE: The Lily of The Valley
1. I have found a friend in Jesus, He's everything to me, He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
In sorrow He's my comfort, in trouble He's my stay, He tells me ev'ry care on Him to roll.
He's the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star, He's the faiest of ten thousand to my soul.
2. Oh, He all my griefs has taken, and all my sorrows borne, In temptation He's my strong and mighty tow'r;
I have all for Him forsaken, and all my idols torn From my heart, and now He keeps me by His pow'r.
Tho all the world forsake me, and Satan tempts me sore, Thru Jesus I shall safely reach the goal.
He's the Lily of he Valley, the Bright and Morning Star, He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
3. He will never, never leave me, nor yet forsake me here, While I live by faith and do His blessed will;
A wall of fire about me, I've nothing now to fear, With His mamna He my hungry soul shall fill.
Then sweeping up to glory to see His blessed face, Where rivers of delight shall ever roll.
He's the Lily of the Valley, theBright and Morning Star, He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
Have A Wonderful Weekend! In His Love, Vic.
Friday, April 08, 2011
A Glorious Greeting To All SP Members! To those of you who have responded to previous messages and prayers.....THANK YOU for your wonderful comments. Give God the glory!
PRAYER: Holy Father, Just God! Teach us to listen! Help us to become good listeners to your voice and your Word. Speak directly to our hearts. Help us not to allow the noises and business of life to drown out your voice. Help us to take every thought captive in obedience by faith to your Word. Keep us from entertaining unrighteous thoughts. Enable us to be diligent in listening to your words, in understanding your instructions, and in following them. Train our minds to glorify You in everything we think, say and do. This we pray in the Blessed name of Jesus our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Accuracy of the Bible in Science!
1. Ps 8:8 - Teaches us that there are paths for everything.
a. Man knew of no path in the sea until Matthew Maury read this verse.
b. He searched till he discovered the ocean currents.
c. He is known as the Father of Oceanography.
d. And what about the jet streams in the air?
2. Eccl 1:7 - Teaches us about the path of rivers.
a. Rivers run to the sea, yet, the sea never gets fuller.
b. Rivers that run to the sea return to where they came from.
c. Today, we know this as water cycle and evaporation.
d. How did Solomom know this? He learned it from God.
3. What do you think about this? If everything has a path (and it does), why doesn't man follow the path God has created and provided for him/her? The Bible has been repeatedly proved accurate. Those who criticize the Bible have been consistently unable to disprove it.
A New Study will begin Monday!
May God Bless us today by strengthening our understanding and faith. In His knowledge and Wisdom, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts