Sunday, March 20, 2011
A Blessed Morning To All SP Members! This morning's hymn was created in 1953 by W. Elmo Mercer. He wrote both the words and the music. His inspiration for this lovely hymn came from Ps 37:23-24: "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and he delights in his way. Though he falls, he shall not be cast down: for the Lord upholds him with His hand". Song Title: EACH STEP I TAKE
1. Each step I take my Savior goes before me, and with His loving hand He leads the way.
And with each breath I whisper " I adore Thee;" Oh, what joy to walk with Him each day.
2. At times I feel my faith begin to waiver, When up ahead I see a chasm wide,
It's then I turn and look up to my Savior, I am strong when He is by my side.
3. I trust in God, no matter come what may, For life eternal is in His hand,
He holds the key, that opens up the way, that will lead me to the promised land.
Each step I take I know that He will guide me; to higher ground He ever leads me on.
Until some day the last step will be taken, each step I take just leads me closer home.
A beautiful thought to remember as we worship the Lord today. God Bless, Vic.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Goooooooooood Morning SP Members! Here is a spiritual hymn that was written a long time ago. 1 Peter 2:21-22 inspired Mary B. C. Slade to create the words in 1871, and Asa B. Everett to create the music, also in 1871. This is a hymn that calls us to follow in the footsteps of Christ: FOOTSTEPS OF JESUS
1. Sweetly, Lord, have we heard Thee calling, "Come follow me!"
And we see where Thy footprints falling, Lead us to Thee. (REFRAIN).
2. Tho they lead o'er the cold, dark mountains, Seeking His sheep;
Or along by Siloam's fountains, helping the weak. (REFRAIN).
3. If they lead thru the temple holy, Preaching the Word;
Or in homes of the poor and lowly, Serving the Lord. (REFRAIN).
4. By and by, thru the shining portals, turning our feet,
We shall walk with the glad immortals, Heaven's golden street. (REFRAIN).
REFRAIN: Footprints of Jesus, that makes the pathway glow;
We will follow the steps of Jesus, wher-e'er they go.
Have a wonderful weekend and may God bless everyone. In His Love, Vic.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Al;oha SP Members! Another week has passed by and it has been a glorious week. Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Loving Father, Redeeming God! We acknowledge You in every area of our life. We trust in You with all our heart, and lean not upon our own understanding, but we acknowledge You in all our ways , and You make our path straight. Help us each day to trust You and your ways more, and not depend on our own limited knowlwdge and understanding. If we shut You out of any part of our life, reveal that to us so we can invite You to reign there also. Thank You for making our path straight. This we pray and ask in Jesus' Blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe In Jesus Continues! (Mark 5:21-43).
1. The servants of Jarius brought bad news: (Vs 35-36).
a. "Thy daughter is dead! Why trouble the Master any further?"
b. Jesus told Jarius, "Be not afraid, only believe".
2. Vs 37-38 - What did Jesus do next?
a. He allowed only Peter, James and John to go with Him and Jarius.
b. Why only them? They will be chosen later to witness the transfiration (Mark 9:2).
c. What did Jesus see when they arrived at Jarius' house.
1. A tumilt (a commotion of the people) with some who wept and wailed.
2. Those who wept and wailed were professional mourners.
3. We witness this in some funerals today, but they are not professional mourners.
4. But still, people do not understand "DEATH" ( a separation of the soul from the body).
3. What do you think about this? Do we understand "DEATH"? Do we understand that it is a separation of body and soul....and why? To Be Continued Monday!
May God bless each and everyone of us today with the knowledge and understanding of His Word. In His Love, Vic.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
A Glorious Morning To SP Members! What a wonderful feeling to wake up each morning, smile and say, THANK YOU LORD!
PRAYER: "Heavely Father, Abiding God! Thank You Father for being near to all of us who call on You, and to all who call on You in Truth. We draw near to You, knowing that You are ever near to us. We confess the times when we doubted You were there, but we realize now that it was us who had moved away and not You. Please help us to pray more fervently, especially during the times when we do not hear an answer to out prayers. Help us to focus more on Your Word, and to trust You to deliver us from all doubts and fears. Your word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We Praise You! This we pray in Jesus' Precious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To believe In Jesus Continues! (Mark 5:21-43).
1. There are many more passages of scripture about the destiny of men and the judgment, but I want to bring up only three more scriptures before we return to our story:
a. John 12:48 - Jesus is speaking, "He that rejests me and receives not my words, has me that judges him , the word that I have spoken, the same will judge him in the last day".
1. There are many today who turn their backs on God's truth.
2. There are some who only pick what they like out of the scripture and disregard everything else.
3. Jesus said in Luke 6:46, "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say"
b. Luke 19:22 - Jesus is speaking in the Parable of the Ten Pounds, " Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant".
1. We will be judged for not doing the things we know we ought to be doing.
2. We will be judged also for doing the things we know we ought not to be doing.
c. John 5:24-25 - Jesus is speaking again, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation (judgment), but is passed from death to life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and they that hear shall live".
1. The destiny for all men set by God is either heaven or hell.
2. Jesus said in Matt 7:21, "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven".
3. Jesus said in Matt 7:13-14 - "Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go thereat; but strait is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it".
2. What do you think about this? Do we want to go to heaven to see the glory of God and to live for him forever? Or, do we want to go tho hell and suffer for the rest of our life? God has given us what is required, and has given us today, the opportunity to choose. We will Continue our story Tomorrow!
May God help us all to make the right decision and give us the heart to fulfill it. In His Grace, Vic.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
A Glorious Morning SP Members! Spring is in the air, the birds are gathering for their nest, and we need to remember those who are suffering and are devastated. Honor God!
PRAYER: "Loving Father, Merciful God! We thank You that You know us and love us. You have searched our heart and know us intimately. You know us when we sit down and when we rise. You perceive our thoughts and purpose. You discern our going out and our lying down. You know all our ways because You created us us and loved us. And even though You know all about us, with all our weaknesses and shortcomings, You love us and call us Yours. Thank You for always teaching us, for guiding us, for comforting us, for restoring us and for being with us. You know us better than we know ourselves. Enable us to know You better also. This we pray in the Precious name of Jesus our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe In Jesus Continues! (Mark 5:21-43).
1. After death, what comes next?
a. How will "what comes next" be determined?
b. Who will decide if we go to heaven or hell?
2. Heb 9:27 says, " And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". After death comes the judgement where our destiny of heaven or hell will de decided.
3. 2 Cor 5:10 says, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad".
a. Christ Jesus will be the judge we shall face. (Read Matt 25:31-33).
b. We will be held accountable for what we have done or failed to do in his body (the Church). (Read Matt 25:1-30 and 34-46, the Parable of the Virgins and the Parable of the Talents).
c. This judgment is for believers. The unbeliever is already condemned (Mark 16:16).
3. What do you think about this? God is indeed a loving God, but He is also a Just and Holy God, who demands obedience to His Word and Laws and will punish those that violate them.
To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God grant us all, the understanding of His Word and Laws, and show us the truth of his Word. God Bless Everyone, In His Love, Grace and Mercy, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts