Friday, February 25, 2011
A Blessed Morning To All SP Members! There is so much joy when we are busy doing the work of the Lord. TRY IT! And give Him all, the glory.
PRAYER: " Righteous Father, Glorious God! We see Your love for us even when we do not do everything right. We thank You that even when we do not do everything right, You see in our hearts the desire to do so, and You bless us in spite of our shortcomings and failures. We are glad You look past our imperfections and see the perfect qualities of Jesus, Your Son, living in us. Help us to grow in our daily walk with the Master, and help us to live Your way so our walk may be pleasing in Your sight. This we pray and ask in the name of Jesus, our Redeemer, Savior and Friend, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe In Jesus! (Mark 5:1-20).
1. Vs 15 - The people of the city came to Jesus and were amazed.
a. They saw the man possesed by unclean spirits:
3. In his right mind.
4. The people were afraid.
b. Vs 16 - The herdsmen told the people all they had seen and witness.
2. What had they witness?
a. A transformation that had taken place in a tormented man.
1. He was no longer crying out and cutting himself. He was sitting.
2. He was no longer naked, running around and living in tombs. He was clothed.
3. He was no longer tormented but rather was IN HIS RIGHT MIND.
b. If Jesus can do what man cannot do, then He must be the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and that's Good News for you and me because Jesus can ctreate that transformation in us.
3. What do you think about this? Are you in your right mind? Do you live each day in the peace that comes from knowing God and living in Jesus? To be Continued Monday!
Let's praise God and thank Him for all the blessings He bestows on us daily, and for Jesus who is our source for salvation and righteous living. In His Grace, Vic.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
A Blessed Morning To SP Members! God is so good! PRAISE HIS NAME!
PRAYER: "Loving Father, Almighty God! Help us to never be careless about Your Ways nor Your Word. Enable us to not allow anything that has to do with our worship to You to become lifeless nor like a ritual that has lost it depth of meaning. Keep the disciplines of prayer, praise, reading and studing Your Word ever fresh and alive in our hearts and in our minds so that we will always have a passionate hunger for Your presence in our lives. This we pray and ask in the name of our Beloved Jesus, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe! (Mark 5:1-20).
1. Vs 14 - The herdsmen that fed and kept the swines, fled and told it to the city.
a. Wherever Jesus goes, there are always people watching.
b. Why did the herdsmen fled and told it to the city?
c. Because they didn't want to be blamed for what had happened to the swines.
d. We do not know what they told the people, but it probably went something like this:
"This man named Jesus made the devils in the wild tormented man to go into the swines, and they ran into the sea and drown. It wasn't our fault!"
e. We have never done that....Have we?
2. What do you think about this?
a. Will the people of the city believe the herdsmen?
b. How will the people react?
c. What will they conclude?
d. What will they do about it?
3. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God bless us with faith to believe in Jesus and follow Him.
In His Love, Grace, Mercy, Forgiveness and Power, Vic.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Goooooooooooood Morning SP members! Everyday is a blessed day.....GIVE GOD THE GLORY!
PRAYER: " Loving Father, Righteous God! We do love You, even though we do not always show that love nor express that love like You do. Thank You for loving us first. Help us to learn how to love like You. Helps us to pray more fervently so we can grow in our faith; so we can grow in our hope, so we can grow in our love; so we can grow in our obedience; so we can grow in your righteousness; so we can grow in our worship; so we can grow in our service; so we can become more like Jesus. Bless us Father and forgive us our shortcomings and sins. This we pray in the name of Jesus our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge to Believe! (Mark 5:1-20).
1. We have seen the power of Jesus to command the forces of nature (Mark 4:35-41), and now we have seen His power to command the demonic spirits (evil devils) (Mark 5:1-10).
a. Vs 11 - There was a great herd of swines feeding near the mountain.
1. Swines were considered "UNCLEAN" in Deu 14:8.
2. Demonic spirits were called "UNCLEAN" in Mark 5:2.
b. Vs 12 - All the devils (evil spirits in the man) besought (pleaded) again with Jesus, " to send them into the herd of swines".
1. It was their request.
2. But it was Jesus' choice.
3. The destiny of all the "UNCLEAN" has always been and will always be "DEATH and DESTRUCTION".
c. Vs 13 - Let's see if this is true?
1. Jesus give them the command to enter the swines.
2. The devils obeyed and went into the swines.
3. There were about 2000 swines.
4. The herd went violently down a steep place into the sea.
5. They all drowned in the sea.
6. Even the swines didn't like the "UNCLEAN" spirits.
2. If Jesus can do what man cannot do, than He must be the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and that's Good News for us and a challenge for us to believe in Jesus.
a. What do you think about this?
b. Can you do what Jesuss did?
c. YOU CAN! If you do it by faith and in the name of Jesus.
d. So it is not your power, it is His power.
e. Are you "UNCLEAN"?
f. To be Continued Tomorrow!
May God Help us to understand we are blessed only in Jesus, by Jesus and through Jesus. God helps us to believce in Jesus and obey Him.
In His Love, Grace, Mercy and Power, Vic.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Greetings to all SP Members! Thank you for your responses and comments. I always welcome your inputs. Give God the Glory!
PRAYER; "Holy Father, Eternal God? We covet your presence and your forgiveness in our lives. There is nothing more important in our life than your presence, your holiness, and your righteousness. Help us to be a holy place in which for You to dwell. May our obedience to your Word guides us unto your righteousness. Forgive us of all our sins, and cleanse our heart of all unrighteousness. Nothing is more comforting to us than to know that the God of heaven and earth, The Eternal God, is with us no matter what is happening in this world. Purify our hearts, our souls, and our lives. This we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe (Mark 5:1-20).
1. Vs 8 thru 10 - How will Jesus deal with the tormented man?
a. By the power of His Word! "Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit" (Vs 8).
1. Are demonic spirits subject to the power of Jesus?
2. Does Jesus have the power to command even evil spirits?
3. If Jesus can do what man cannot do, than He must be the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and that's Good News for you and me.
b. Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" (Vs 9).
1. The man replied, "Legion".
2. The word "Legion" mean " many or vast".
3. It represents "opposing powers".
4. Can opposing powers resist the power of Jesus?
5. If Jesus can do what man cannot do, than He must be the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and that's Good News for you and me.
c. How did the man react?
1. The man "besought" (pleaded). HOW? "Him much" not to send him out of the country.
2. The man pleaded with Jesus... WHY? Not to send him out of the country.
3. What does that mean? Not to send him into eternal punishment.
2. What do you think about this? Was it the man that was pleading or the demonic spirits? Whose power is strongest? Who was in control? Have you pleaded for your life? Will you be sent into eternal punishment or eternal bliss? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God help us to understand that there is only One God, and that His power is greater than all other powers combined. May His blessings be upon each one of you today.
In His Love, Vic.
Monday, February 21, 2011
A Blessed Morning To All SP Members! What a wonderful weekend and week. Looking forward to this week...PRAISE GOD!
PRAYER: "Holy Father, Blessed Redeemer! Help us to pray before we act. Help us to always inquire of You, your guidance and wisdom, before we take any action: from the simplest situation to the more complex ones. We do not want to assume that because You have instructed us in certain ways previously, that You will instruct us the the same manner each time. We know that You are always the same but our situations and circumstances are not always the same. Enable us not to mistakenly think we have the right answers, when only You have all the right answers. Forgives us when we take it upon ourselves to act without first consulting You. This we pray and ask in Jesus' Blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe! (Mark 5:1-20).
1. We learned in the first few verses that landing on any shore is not the right annswer.
a. We see an demonic man on the shore where they landed.
b. We learned a littlle about this demonic man.
c. Now, let's learn more about this tormented man.
2. Vs 6 thru 7 - Can our worship be meaningless?
a. The man saw Jesus from afar, ran to him and worshipped Him (vs 6).
b. He cried with a loud voice, "What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the Most High God?"
c. He requested of Jesus, "I adjure (implore) thee by God, that thou torment me not."
1. His worship was meaningless.
2. He probably knelt or prostrated himself before Jesus, but that alone is not worship.
a. Worship that is without faiith is meaningless (Heb 11:6).
b. Worship that is not done in spirit and in truth is meaningless (John 4:24).
c. Woprship that is not based on obedience is meaningless (Matt 7:21-23; Luke 6:46).
3. What do you think about this? Is the way we worship God important? Are you worshipping God according to His precepts? To Be Continued Tomrrow!
May God bless us with His Spirit and Truth, and grant us the power of faith and obedience.
In His Love, Grace and Mercy, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts