Monday, February 21, 2011
A Blessed Morning To All SP Members! What a wonderful weekend and week. Looking forward to this week...PRAISE GOD!
PRAYER: "Holy Father, Blessed Redeemer! Help us to pray before we act. Help us to always inquire of You, your guidance and wisdom, before we take any action: from the simplest situation to the more complex ones. We do not want to assume that because You have instructed us in certain ways previously, that You will instruct us the the same manner each time. We know that You are always the same but our situations and circumstances are not always the same. Enable us not to mistakenly think we have the right answers, when only You have all the right answers. Forgives us when we take it upon ourselves to act without first consulting You. This we pray and ask in Jesus' Blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe! (Mark 5:1-20).
1. We learned in the first few verses that landing on any shore is not the right annswer.
a. We see an demonic man on the shore where they landed.
b. We learned a littlle about this demonic man.
c. Now, let's learn more about this tormented man.
2. Vs 6 thru 7 - Can our worship be meaningless?
a. The man saw Jesus from afar, ran to him and worshipped Him (vs 6).
b. He cried with a loud voice, "What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the Most High God?"
c. He requested of Jesus, "I adjure (implore) thee by God, that thou torment me not."
1. His worship was meaningless.
2. He probably knelt or prostrated himself before Jesus, but that alone is not worship.
a. Worship that is without faiith is meaningless (Heb 11:6).
b. Worship that is not done in spirit and in truth is meaningless (John 4:24).
c. Woprship that is not based on obedience is meaningless (Matt 7:21-23; Luke 6:46).
3. What do you think about this? Is the way we worship God important? Are you worshipping God according to His precepts? To Be Continued Tomrrow!
May God bless us with His Spirit and Truth, and grant us the power of faith and obedience.
In His Love, Grace and Mercy, Vic.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
A Blessed Morning to all SP Members! This is an old favorite of many Christians:
TITLE: Savior, Lead Me
1. Savior, lead me lest I stray, Gently lead me all the way;
I am safe when by Thy side, I would in Thy love abide. (REFRAIN)
2. Thou, the refuge of my soul, When life's stormy billows roll;
I am safe when Thou art nigh, All my hopes on Thee rely. (REFRAIN)
3. Savior, lead me then at last, When the storms of life have past;
To the land of endless day, Where all tears are wiped away. (REFRAIN)
Lead me, lead me, Savior, lead me lest I stray, Gently down the stream of time, Lead me, Savior, all the way.
May the Lord bless everyone and lead us to eternal bliss. In His Love and Grace, Vic.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Gooooooooood Morning SP Members! We pray often for God to help us be the person He wants us to be. The problem is we fail to see the pattern he has given us to follow.
TITLE: Where He Leads I'll Follow
1. Sweet are the promises, Kind is the Word; Dearer far than any message man ever heard;
Pure was the mind of Christ, Sinless was He; He the great example is, and pattern for me.
2. Sweet is the tender love, Jesus hath shown; Sweeter far than any love that mortals have known; Kind to the erring one, Faithful is He; He the great example is, and pattern for me.
3. List to His loving words, Come unto me! Weary, heavy laden, there is sweet rest for thee;
Trust in His promises, Faithful and sure, Lean upon the Savior and thy soul is secured.
Where He leads I'll follow. Follow all the way, yes, follow all the way. Where He leads I'll follow. follow Jesus ev'ry day.
Have a wonderful weekend; worship God in Spirit and in Truth, and Follow Jesus' example.
May God Bless Everyone, In His Love and Grace, Vic.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Aloha SP Members! Another Friday has rolled around and we are a week older....LOL! Praise God!
PRAYER: Holy Father, Creator God! Thank You for all that You have given us: your continued blessings, provisions, protection and everlasting presence. Thank You for sharing Yourself and Your Kingdom with us. Bless us and enlarge our spiritual territory of live, faith and grace. Let Your hand be upon us always and keep us from all harm and evil. Enable us to give back to You by helping and blessing others with the same love, grace and mercy You have shown us. This we pray in the Blessed name of Jesus, our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe! ( Mark 5:1-20).
1. Vs 3 thru 5 - What kind of person was this demonic man?
a. He dwelled among the tombs, the place for the dead.
b. No man could bind him, not even with chains because he would break them.
c. Neither could any man tame him.
d. Night and day he was in the mountains and in the tombs.
e. He was a tormented man, crying and cutting himself with stones.
f. Luke 8:27 tells us he was naked and possessed by devils.
g. What would we call such a person today? CRAZY????
h. The man was not in his right mind.
2. What do you think about this? Are you possessed by evil thoughts? Are you in your right mind? Or are you tormented daily with life's issues? How different are you from this demonic mman? To Be Continued Monday!
May God help us to see our situation in life and transform us to a healthy spiritual life.
In His Love and Grace, Vic.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Greetings to SP Members from God and from us! Thank You again for your rsponses and comments....PRAISE GOD.
PRAYER: "Holy Father, Gracious God! We thank you for underserving answers to our prayers. We thank You for listening to our prayer. We thank You for every answer to our prayers. We thank You for answering our prayers, not according to our goodness, but according to Your Divine Goodness. Help us not to allow anything to discourage us from coming unto You in prayer, especially not our sense of underserving of your attention and help. Because You are full of grace, mercy and love, we come to You on bended knees with a humble spirit and a grateful hearts. Bless us and forgive us our shortcomings and sins. This we pray in the name of Jesus our Blessed Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Bible Challenges Us To Believe.
1. Mark 5:1--20 - Challenges us: If jesus can do waht man cannot do, then He must be the Christ, the Son of God, and that's Good News for you and me.
a. We have learned that life is a journey from this shore to the other shore, but will any shore on the other side do?
b. In this story we will learn that there are more than one shore; that there is a right shore and a wrong shore.
2. Vs 1 & 2 - Jesus and His disciples have now crossed over the Sea of Galilee and have landed on the shores of the Gadarenes.
a. The Sea of Galilee is about 12 1/2 miles long and 7 1/2 miles wide.
b. They started their crossing from the North end of the sea and have landed on the South end of the sea.
c. When Jesus stepped out of the ship, a man of uncleaned spirit ( demonic possessed) came out to meet him.
d. We can see that landing on anyshore does not mean you have arrived at the right destination.
e. We can conclude that there is a right shore and perhaps many wrong shores.
3. What do you think about this? Is it possible to be on the wrong ship and land on the wrong shore? Is it possible to lose our life while crossing from one shore to another shore? Is it possible to make the journey only to be disappointed at the end? Is it possible we can make the wrong choices? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God bless us with understanding that there is only One Way to make the crossing safely and land on the right shore. In His Grace, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts