Friday, February 18, 2011
Aloha SP Members! Another Friday has rolled around and we are a week older....LOL! Praise God!
PRAYER: Holy Father, Creator God! Thank You for all that You have given us: your continued blessings, provisions, protection and everlasting presence. Thank You for sharing Yourself and Your Kingdom with us. Bless us and enlarge our spiritual territory of live, faith and grace. Let Your hand be upon us always and keep us from all harm and evil. Enable us to give back to You by helping and blessing others with the same love, grace and mercy You have shown us. This we pray in the Blessed name of Jesus, our Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe! ( Mark 5:1-20).
1. Vs 3 thru 5 - What kind of person was this demonic man?
a. He dwelled among the tombs, the place for the dead.
b. No man could bind him, not even with chains because he would break them.
c. Neither could any man tame him.
d. Night and day he was in the mountains and in the tombs.
e. He was a tormented man, crying and cutting himself with stones.
f. Luke 8:27 tells us he was naked and possessed by devils.
g. What would we call such a person today? CRAZY????
h. The man was not in his right mind.
2. What do you think about this? Are you possessed by evil thoughts? Are you in your right mind? Or are you tormented daily with life's issues? How different are you from this demonic mman? To Be Continued Monday!
May God help us to see our situation in life and transform us to a healthy spiritual life.
In His Love and Grace, Vic.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Greetings to SP Members from God and from us! Thank You again for your rsponses and comments....PRAISE GOD.
PRAYER: "Holy Father, Gracious God! We thank you for underserving answers to our prayers. We thank You for listening to our prayer. We thank You for every answer to our prayers. We thank You for answering our prayers, not according to our goodness, but according to Your Divine Goodness. Help us not to allow anything to discourage us from coming unto You in prayer, especially not our sense of underserving of your attention and help. Because You are full of grace, mercy and love, we come to You on bended knees with a humble spirit and a grateful hearts. Bless us and forgive us our shortcomings and sins. This we pray in the name of Jesus our Blessed Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Bible Challenges Us To Believe.
1. Mark 5:1--20 - Challenges us: If jesus can do waht man cannot do, then He must be the Christ, the Son of God, and that's Good News for you and me.
a. We have learned that life is a journey from this shore to the other shore, but will any shore on the other side do?
b. In this story we will learn that there are more than one shore; that there is a right shore and a wrong shore.
2. Vs 1 & 2 - Jesus and His disciples have now crossed over the Sea of Galilee and have landed on the shores of the Gadarenes.
a. The Sea of Galilee is about 12 1/2 miles long and 7 1/2 miles wide.
b. They started their crossing from the North end of the sea and have landed on the South end of the sea.
c. When Jesus stepped out of the ship, a man of uncleaned spirit ( demonic possessed) came out to meet him.
d. We can see that landing on anyshore does not mean you have arrived at the right destination.
e. We can conclude that there is a right shore and perhaps many wrong shores.
3. What do you think about this? Is it possible to be on the wrong ship and land on the wrong shore? Is it possible to lose our life while crossing from one shore to another shore? Is it possible to make the journey only to be disappointed at the end? Is it possible we can make the wrong choices? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God bless us with understanding that there is only One Way to make the crossing safely and land on the right shore. In His Grace, Vic.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Gooooood Morning SP Members! We thank you for all your responses and comments....Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Glorious Father, Loving God! We pray this morning You will open our eyes to see the truth about our situation, to see the truth in Your Word, and to understand how to apply it to our lives. Give us clear understanding to your instruction, to your guidance, to your correction, and especially when we are facing our enemy. Help us to understand all that You are doing in our situation. Help us to trust Your hand of protection. Enable us to see things from your perspective so we may be able to stand strong and lift up our Savior Jesus Christ to the world. This we pray in Jesus' blessed name, Amen".
MESSAGE: A Reaction To The Challenge! (Mark 4:35-41).
1. Vs 41 - Tells us "They feared exceedingly and said to one another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him".
a. It must have been a chillingly eerie experience to witness the instantaneous dissapation of a violent storm.
b. Itr must have been a mixture of reverential awe and real fright.
c. One minute they thought they would perish, the next minute there is no threat at all.
d. They asked a question that we should be asking: What manner of man is this?
1. A man who has power over the forces of nature.
2. A man who even the wind and the sea OBEY HIM.
2. What do you thinnk about this? How did you react to Jesus' challenge to BELIEVE and OBEY HIM?
a. Are you convinced or do you need more evidence?
b. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May heaven's blessings permeate our hearts and minds with Jesus' Challenge to us to BELIEVE and OBEY HIM! In His Love, Vic.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Aloha SP Members! What a wonderful Valentine's Day we ( my wife and I) had. We attended a SWEETHEART BANQUET and had a marvelous time....THANK YOU, LORD!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Loving God! You pour out more blessings on us than we can sometimes receive. You give us vision of all You want to do in our life. You help us not to think small, even when we pray. Help us to be grateful and available for every door of opportunity that You open for us, and every challenge that You give us. Help us not to limit Your blessings by being unprepared to receive them. Enlarge our hearts and minds to understand how You can take what we have and expand it beyond what we can imagine.
Enable us to understand that with You everything is possible. This we pray in the name of Jesus, our Blessed Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge Continues!
1. OH how wonderful to know that we have a Savior who can calm the storms of life, even when these storms are raging within us. What peace He can bring into our lives. But the story doesn't end here:
a. Vs 40 - Jesus asked his discples two important questions:
1. Why are you so fearful?
2. How is it that you have no faith?
b. These are questions He is asking us today.
c. FEAR is one of the isssues that can create storms in our lives. It is one that we need to conquer, but we need Jesus in us in order to achieve that goal.
1. 1 John 4:18 says, "There is nor fear in love; but perfect love cast out fear....".
2. 1 John 4:8,16 - tells us that "God is love".
3. And we just learned that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and the source of that perfect love. But that love is perfected only when we dwell in Jesus and Jesus dwells in us.
d. FAITH (or the lack thereoff) is another issue that creates storms in us. It is one that we need to conquer, because without FAITH (Jesus) IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD (Heb 11:6).
E. Jesus is the source of "LOVE, FAITH and DIVINE POWER", sent to us to believe in Him, obey Him and follow Him.
2. What do you think about this? Do you know my Jesus? Is He your source of LOVE, FAITH and DIVINE POWER? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God help us all to understand that without Jesus we are lost, but in Jesus we are saved.
May His blessings be added to each of you today. In His love, Vic.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! We had a beautiful weekend as temperture rose back up in the 70"s......PRAISE GOD!
PRAYER: "Father in heaven, God of this universe! We pray that out treasure will always be in You, and not in our possessions nor in the distractions of this world. Help us never to make idols of anything or anyone , nor put them before You in any way. We give You honor and gratitude for all the good things You have given us in this life, and esspecially for the gift of eternal life in Your Son, our Savior. You are our greatest desire, and we put You above all else in life. Happy Valintine's Day, Father! This we pray in Jesus' name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Here Is The Challenge! (Mark 4:35-41).
1. Vs 39 - Jesus arose and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, "Peace, be still"! And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
a. If Jesus can calm the storms of nature (as He did here), can He not calm the storms in our lives?
b. Here we have evidence of His divine power.
c. Here we see Him do what man cannot do.
d. "But these are written that we might believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing we might have life through His name" (John 20:31).
2. Now, what do you think about this? Has the Word of God and the evidence presented here today created FAITH in YOU? Do you know my Jesus? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May the Word of God touch our hearts and bless us with Faith in Jesus Christ our Savior.
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone, In His Love, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts