Friday, February 11, 2011
Gooooooood Morning SP Members! The cold wind is moving out and Spring is knocking at the door. Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Caring God! Show us any sin in our lives so that we can confess it before You. We do not want guilt on our conscience to dilute our daily walk with You, nor to inhibit our prayers because we are ashamed to come before You with confidence. Help us to always have a repentant heart before You. Enable us to quickly turn away from our sins, and humble ourselves before You. This we pray in Jesus' precious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe! (Mark4:35-41).
1. Vs 37-38 - Tells us that a great storm of wind arose, the waves beat into the ship so it was full of water, Jesus was asleep in the stern on a pillow, and the disciples were afraid they were going to perish.
a. The crossing from one side to the other is not a journey of smooth sailing, even if we make the trip in Jesus.
b. What was Jesus doing? He was asleep on a pillow.
c. Two things we can learn from these two passages:
1. Let's learn to have the peace of God in us when our lives are being threatened.
2. Let's not be afraid of things that threaten our lives.
d. How did the disciples react to the situation?
1. They went to Jesus for help.
2. They awake him from his sleep.
3. They were afraid for their lives.
4. "Master, carest thou not that we perish?"
e. Three things we can learn here:
1. JESUS CARES! Otherwise He would not have suffered the death on the cross for you and me.
2. If Jesus can do what man cannot do, then He is the Christ, the Son of God, and His Power is unlimited.
3. When we are in Jesus, we are saved no matter what!
2. What do you think about this? Do you believe enough to trust Jesus as your Savior? Do you believe you are safe with Him no matter what? To Be Continued Monday!
May God grant us a trusting faith as He blesses us daily and guides us in our journey to the other side. In Jesus all the Way, Vic.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Greetings Sp Member, from God and from us. It's turned cold again in the South but it's not bad...Thank God and Praise Him!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Almighty God! Save us and deliver us from the quicksands of temptation. Teach us how to always successfully resist temptations from the moment we are confronted with it. Help us to recognize it for what it is and the dangers that come with it. Enable us to draw closer to You for strength and protection. Deliver us from the traps of temptation before we fall in it. Give us the strength, wisdom and knowledge we need to avoid, resist or run from it. And forgive us when we foolishly fall into it's snare. This we pray and ask in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Challenge To Believe!
1. Let's continue to seek the evidence found in Mark 4:35-41.
a. Vs 36 tells us that when the disciples sent away the multitude, they took Jesus as He was into the boat, and there were also other boats.
1. Fishermen often removed most of their clothing when they went fishing.
2. Fishing and handling fish is messy and stinky.
3. Several of the disciples were fishermen.
4. So they began the journey to the other side.
5. Note that there were other boats making the journey.
b. How do we get from one side to the other side?
1. We need some means of transportation.
2. In today's story, they used boats.
3. In real life, Jesus is our transport.
4. But to make the journey, we need to be in Jesus, in the boat.
5. Noah and his family were saved while the rest of mmankind were being destroyed by the floods, because he and his family were in the ship.
c. How do we get into Christ Jesus?
1. It begins by hearing the Word of God (Rom 10:17).
2. It requires we believe, obey and do what the Word says (Mark 16:15-16).
3. We put on Christ in Baptism (Rom 6:3-11; Gal 3:27).
4. Unless we are in Christ (aboard ship), our journey is meaningless.
d. What do you think about this? Are you in Christ? Everyone will make the journey from this side to the other side, but only those in Christ Jesus will land on the right shore.
To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May the Word of God bless us richly as we obey it. In Jesus, Vic.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Goooooooooood Morning SP Members! Everyday is a blessed day when we spend it with Jesus. Thank You for all your responses.
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Awesome God! We pray this morning we will always have a heart of love for You, one that You can see and know that it is a heart towards You, one that will indicate that what we think, say and do will be according to Your will, and one that will be pleasing in your sight. Help us not to be a person who shows that love with only words, but also with actions and obedience to You and your Word. Your laws delight us and illuminate the way we should live our lives for You. Thank You for loving us first even though we live a life that is not perfect. Enable us to make better choices in life, and to make the right choices in life. This we pray and ask in our Savior's precious name, Jesus Christ, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Bible Challenges us to believe: God is real, His Word is Truth, and Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. But many still need evidence in order to believe.
a. Go with me now to Mark 4:35-41 and see evidence of His Power.
b. Vs 35 - Jesus said to his disciples, "Let us pass over unto the other side".
c. Life is "passing over from this side to the other side".
d. Life is a journey from this side or shore to the other side or shore.
e. How do we get from this side or shore to the other side or shore?
f. What dangers are there in crossing over?
g. Who will guide us?
h. How will we get there?
i. Can we know what awaits us on the other shore?
j. Will any shore do?
k. What do you think about this? Can you answer these questions honestly? To Be Continued Tomorrow.
May our eyes and hearts be opened today to the evidence we are going to see, and be blessed by it. In Jesus, Vic.
Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Greetings To All SP Members! Thank you for all your comments and responses.
PRAYER: "Gracious Father, Glorious God! We thank You for the gift of prayer. We pray for each member of our family, and for all our friends and acquaintances. Mayn each be blessed with your peace, good health, provisions, and a greater knowledge of You and your Word. Help us not to be selfish nor lazy in our praying to You. Show us whom else to pray for: the stranger we meet; the enemy who wants to harm us. Far be it from us to sin against You by failing to pray to You, and for those that need our prayers. Enable us always to pray according to your will. This we pray and ask in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: The Bible Challenges Us To Believe!
1. John 20:28 - What did Thomas called Jesus? "My Lord and my God".
a. But Thomas was a doubter.
b. After the rersurrection of Jesus, he was not with the disciples when Jesus appeared to them in the closed room.
c. When told about it, he said in vs 25, "Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I WILL NOT BELIEVED".
d. But eight days later when Jesus appeared a second time to the disciples behind closed door, he called Jesus, "My Lord and My God" (vs 28).
2. What do you think about this? What would it take to convince you that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God? Are you like Thomas, a doubter? Thomas believed. Will You? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God continue to challenge us daily to believe and to grow in our faith and bless us. In Jesus, Vic.
Monday, February 07, 2011
Aloha SP Members! We trust everyone had a GREAT WEEKEND! Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Loving Father, Almight God! We don't want anything to separate us from You. Nothing in this world is worth that, and we , with your help, can see that we stay connected to You. We confess to You everything we know that we did wrong: those things that were not pleasing in your sight; those things we regret we did or failed to do. We have sinned against You and we repent of those deeds. Rescue us now from our sins, guide us the way we should walk, and lead us in the paths of righteousness. Help us to overcome our weaknesses and live a life that brings glory and honor to You. This we pray in Jesus' precious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: What else does the Bible claim?
1. We have seen so far, that we are to believe God and believe in God, and we are to believe the Bible (God's message to each of us) and obey by doing what it says.
2. Now, the Bible claims Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
a. John 20:30-31 - tells us that Jesus did many signs that are not written in the book, but these are written that we might believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing we might have life through His name.
b. What is a "SIGN"?
1. A "SIGN" is a miracle.
2. It is a demonstration of spiritual power that manifest itself physically and witness by those who see it.
c. What was the first sign Jesus did that's recorded for us? (John 2:1-11, Jesus turned water into wine).
1. This was no easy feat! Six water pots of stone, each holds 18 to 27 gallons.
2. So Jesus turned 108 to 162 gallons of water into Good Wine.
3. Remember the challenge in the first lesson: "If Jesus can do what man cannot do, then He is the Christ, the Son of God, God is real and the Bible is God's message to each of us to believe and obey.
4. What do you think about this? Can you change water into wine like Jesus did? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May our faith fill our hope and love for the Lord and our God. God Bless, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts