Friday, January 28, 2011
Greetings On This Friday SP members! Today's message will complete this series of moral and immoral lessons we have been studying.
PRAYER: "Glorious Father, Holy God! We thank You for this study from your Word. It has encouraged us to live a life of righteousness, just like Jesus. For all the wonderful things You have done for us in the past, for all the wonderful things You are doing for us today, and for all the wonderful things You will do for us in the future.....WE THANK YOU! Keep us from fear and discouragement as we face daily challenges of life. Fill us with Your love, Word and strength to face these challenges. Thank You for going before us with a battle plan of victory. We look to You for guidance always, so we may possess all You have for us. Thank You Father for Jesus who made all of this possible. It is in His name that we pray, Amen!"
MESSAGE: We are going to make mistakes along the way, but we know God will forgive us for trying and encourage us....DO NOT BE AFRAID!
1. 1 Cor 11:1 - "Be ye followers (imitators) of me, even as I am (a follower) of Christ".
a. As humans with weaknesses, we will make mistakes in trying to follow Christ.
b. But that is not an acceptable reason to quit.
c. Jesus is our example to follow, He was perfect in everyway.
d. We will be forgiven and encouraged to follow Jesus in all areas of our lives.
e. This is our challenge in life:
1. To learn from our mistakes.
2. So we can become more like Him each day.
2. Eph 5:1-2 - Teaches us the ways of the believer:
a. Walk in Love as Christ loved us.
b. Offer yourself unto God as a sweet aroma, even as Christ did.
c. And always ask yourself, "What would Jesus do in a case or situation like this?"
3. I pray that you have learned and enjoy this series of lessons as much as I enjoyed sharing them with you.
4. Monday, we will begin a new series of lessons.
May God bless each of you as He has blessed me. In the Love of Jesus, Vic.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Gooooooooooood Morning SP Members! We had a beautiful day yesterday...Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Glorious Father, Awesome God! We lift up to You the areas of our lives that are overwhelming and burdensome. We come to You, not to complain, but to seek your help. We tried to handle these by our own strength, and it was more than we could carry. Please forgive us for not turning earlier to you and learning to come to You for all our needs. Take each burden from our hearts and enable us to rise above every challenging situation in our life. Let your Spirit help us carry these burdens so we do not have to carry them alone. This we pray in the precious name of Jesus, Amen!"
MESSAGE: How would you compare your life to Christ?
1. 1 Pet 2:21-25 - Why has Christ called us?
a. Christ suffered for us, leaving us an example to follow His steps.
b. What steps?
1. Who did not sin nor deceived.
2. Who, when reviled (assailed), reviled not.
3. Who, when he suffered, He threatened not.
4. Who, commited himself unto Him (God) that judges righteously.
5. Who, bore our sins on his body at Calvary.
c. WHY? "That we being dead to sin, should live unto righteousness".
d. WHY? To return us (reconcile us) who had gone astray like sheep, unto the Shepherd of our souls, God.
2. What do you think about this? Is your living a life of righteousness? Or, are you still living in sin? To Be Continued!
May God forgive us our sins and bless us with Hid grace and love. In His Love, Vic.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Greetings SP Members! Thanks again for your responses to the prayer and message...Give God the glory!
PRAYER: " Mericful Father, Loving God! We celebrate the moment when we first came to know You as our Lord. We celebrate the times You have healed us and blessed us. We celebrate Your answers to our prayers and the times you delivered us out of our foolishness. We celebrate the wonderful people You have brought into our life, especially those who taught us, helped us and led us to You. We celebrate our lives with You everyday, the path You have trod out for us to follow, and the home in heaven You have prepared for us, but most of all we celebrate the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who made it all possible. we thank You for every blessing and grace...In His glorious name we pray, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Would Jesus do what I am doing today?
1. Matt 10:24-25 - What is the goal of the disciple?
a. The disciple (student) is not above his Master (Teacher).
b. The disciple's goal is to be like his Master.
c. If they called the master of the house "BEELZEBUB" (Satan himself, the ultimate evil spirit), will not his disciples also be called the same?
d. Jesus was never persecuted for the good works that He did. They questioned his authority for doing those good works, but they persecuted Him for his claim, "That He was the Son of the Living God". They called hin "BEELZEBUB".
2. John 15:20 - If Jesus was persecuted, then his disciples will also be persecuted.
a. Disciples will encounter three kind of people in the world:
1. Those who will not accept the truth that Jesus is the Son of God.
2. Those who will accept that Jesus is the Son of God but will not keep his word.
3. Those who will accept that Jesus is the Son of God and will keep his word.
b. What do you think about this? Which one are you? To Be Continued!
May God open our hearts and eyes to His truth so we may be blessed and celebrate. In His Love, Vic.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Aloha SP Members! WOOOEEEEE! We had a great downpour yesterday. My plants say, "Thank You Lord!" And thanks to those of you for your encouraging words.
PRAYER: "Loving Father, Caring God! We worship you for your GREATNESS and your GOODNESS. We praise you for your HOLINESS. As we worship You, we pray that your HOLINESS will rub off on us. Help us to take on the beauty of your HOLINESS as we spend time in your presence. Enable us to become more like You so that your HOLINESS makes us whole and others can see our Loving God in us. This we pray in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen!"
MESSAGE: How will our destiny be determined?
1. Rom 14:9-10 - Teaches us that Christ Jesus is the only judge.
a.. To this end, He died, rose and lives again, so He might judge both the dead and the living.
b. We shall all stand before the judgement seat of Christ.
c. He has already predestined our ending and told us what the requirements are for each....Heaven or Hell.
d. The choice is now up to us, but desiring it is not enough.
e. We must do what is required by the Lord.
2. 2 Cor 5:10-14 - Every one will receive the things he/she has done to His body, whether it be good or bad.
a. There is no condemnation for Christians, but we will be held responsible for those things we did and those things we failed to do.
b. How will you answer him? On his glory or on your intent?
3. What do you think about this? If Jesus returned today, what excuse will you offer to Him for the things you are now doing that He will accept, when He has already told us what is acceptable and what is not? To Be Continued!
May God find us laboring in His Love and HOLINESS when He returns, and bless us with heaven. In His Love, Vic.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Goooooooooooooood Morning Spark Members! We have a light rain this morning which turnned into a good downpour....Thank God!
PRAYER: " Holy Father, Eternal God! We thank you for every member of Spark People. We are in deed the most blessed people on the face of this earth. We prayed to You to make us new, and you gave us the privilege to be born again. We prayed to You for a habitation, and You established a kingdom for us and gave us the right to be citizens of that kingdom. We prayed to You to allow us to be close to you, and You gave us Jesus, God with us. We prayed to You to make us instruments of your peace, and You gave us a peace that passes all understanding. We prayed to you for purer hearts, and You not only gave us your Word and Spirit, but also the blood of Christ to wash away all our sins. We are in deed the most blessed people in this world, and for these blessings we thank You. This we pray In Jesus' glorious name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: What else is uncertain?
1. James 4:13-15 - As we continue our study from Friday, we learn that a fool thinks he knows something that he doesn't really know; and he presumes he has the resources to control his destiny, when he doesn't.
a. Only a fool would say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this place, buy and sell and make a profit".
b. How can we say such a thing when we do not know what tomorrow will bring?
c. Our life is a vapor for a little while and then it vanishes.
d. Prov 27:1 says, "Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring".
e. What we ought to say is, "If the Lord will, we shall live and do this or that">
2. What do you think about this? James 4:16-17 - " Rejoicing in your boasting is evil. To him who knows to do good, and does it not, it is sin".
a. Are you certain you will be alive tomorrow? Let's hope so, but we do not know for sure.
b. Are you counting and planning something for tomorrow without God's help? We hope not!
May God grants us the love and knowledge to know the difference between the fool's way and the Godly way. In His Love, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts