Friday, January 14, 2011
Aloha SP Members! YAHOO! It's warming up! Thanks for all your responses. Give God the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Caring God! Teach us to pray for our children, for our grandchildren, and for every child you bring into our lives. Bless each child with the knowledge of who You are. Help them to live Your way so they can stay on the path You have chosen for them. Enable each child to recognize
the gifts, tallents and skills You have granted them, and may each child follow Your lead as they develop these gifts for your glory. Help us to be good teachers and good examples to them. This we pray and ask in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Are you putting God first in your life?
1. Matt 16"24-27 - Jesus gives us the formula needed for putting God first:
a. Jesus says, "If any man comes after me", he must do three things:
1. Deny himself ( refuse his own claim upon himself).
2. Take up his cross ( Lift up on high his cross for everyone to see).
3. And follow Jesus ( yield to the claims of Christ's Lordaship over him/her).
1. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it.
2. And whosoever loses his life FOR MY SAKE shall find it.
3. What will a man profit if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?
4. What shall a man give in exchange for his soul? NOTHING!
2. Many acts are wrong because they emphasize physical things above spiritual things. Other acts may not be inherently sinful, but must not become more important to us that they hinder our service to God.
3. Are you putting God first in your life? T o Be Continued Monday!
May God help us to understand his standard for us and bless us as we learn to deny ourselves, lift up our cross and follow Jesus. God Bless, Vic.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Goooooooooood Morning Spark Members! We pray everyone is surviving this cold front that's coming through.
PRAYER: " Heavenly Father, Eternal God! We worship You for who You are, our God! The Creator of everything in this universe. The Almighty God who loves us and gave us His Son to show us the right way to live. Thank You for what You have done for us. You have given us power, provision and purpose in life. We fear not the future because we see how You bless us daily and protect us. You are always with us, to guide us in the way we should go. We respond from the heart with the power of praise to our Loving and Eternal God. We worship You and You alone; we adore You; we worship You in Spirit and in Truth; we praise your Holy name. These things we pray in Jesus' marvelous name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: How should we act towards our Loving God?
1. Rom 12:1-2 - Teaches us the right approach:
a. Present our bodies as "Living Sacrifices" (Not Dead Ones), Holy (Set apart just for that purpose), Acceptable (Pleasing) unto God".
1. That's our reasonable (Rational) service to Him. HOW?
2. By not conforming (Imitating) the patterns of this world.
3. By being transformed (Changed). HOW?
4. By the renewing of the mind (Totally focused on God). HOW?
5. By proving what is good (Making the right choices and changes in life). WHY?
6. Because God will not accept us unless we are made perfect (perfected in) Christ.
b. That is God's will for us.
2. John 6:27 - Teaches us not to labor for things that perish, but for things that endure and are everlasting.
a. Where do we find these everlasting things?
b. "Which the Son of man (Jesus) gives unto you". WHY?
c. "Him" (Jesus), God has sealed (Set His Seal of Approval), because He is perfect in doing the will of the Father.
3. What do you think about this? We cannot be perfect, but we can be perfected in Christ, not because of anything we have done, but because of what He has done for us.
4. Are you being transformed daily in Christ? To His Image? To Be Continued!
May heaven's blessings help us not to just make "better choices", but to make "the right choices" in life.
God Bless! In Christ, Vic.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Greetings to all Spark Members from the South Pole! Winter is making itself felt in South Texas......Brrrrrrrr! Praise God!
PRAYER: "Loving Father, Amazing God! You are the God of the universe and Lord of our lives. We worship you in spirit and in truth and give You all praise, glory and honor. You are Holy and Wonderful, Amazing and Awesome. And we call upon the name of our Lord by the altar of sacrifice He has built in our hearts. Thank You for all You have done for us, for all that You are doing now, and for all that You have yet to do for us. You are able to do beyond what we can think of or ask, and we call upon You to meet all of our needs in ways more wonderful than we can imagine or hope for. Let us therefore pitch our tents next to the altar and dig the well for Living Water, that we may live our lives in service to You. This we pray this morning in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Will our conduct harmonize with or cause us to neglect your Word?
1. Matt 6:19-21 - Teaches us that we can have only One Spiritual Master.
a. It warns us not to lay up treasures on this earth, but to lay up treasures in heaven. WHY?
1. Because moth and rust corrupt those treasures.
2. Because thieves can break in and steal these treasures.
b. Why lay up treasures in heaven?
1. Because neither moth nor rust can corrupt these treasures.
2. Because thieves cannot break in and steal these treasures.
c. What's the main reason? (vs 21) "For where you treasure is, there will your heart be also".
1. The two kinds of treasure are conditioned by the place where they are stored.
2. The concept of "laying up treasures in heaven" is not pictured as one of meritorious benefits, but as one of rewards for faithful service.
2. What do you think about this? Which is of greater value to you: physical treasures or spiritual treasures? Where are you storing your treasures? To Be Continued!
May each of us be blessed in finding our hearts in the right place, in making better choice in life, and in laying our treasures in heaven.
God Bless, In His Love, Vic.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Gooooooooooood Morning SP Members! Brrrrrr! Getting cold down here is South Texas.
PRAYER: "Glorious God, Loving Father! You comfort us with your words, "Do not be afraid, I am your shield and your great reward". Help us to have faith enough to believe You, to believe you will answer our prayers and requests, and that you will meet our every need. Give us patience to wait for an answer. Help us to not take matters into our own hands, less we make a mess of things; but rather to trust in You and in Your promises. We know that You hear our prayers and will answer them in your perfect way. Help us to rest in peace by faith, and to trust in your words. This we pray in Jesus' name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Should we participate in an act that violates our conscience?
1. Rom 14:20-23 - Teaches us to avoid things that can become a stumbling block to others.
a. This is a matter of not just exercising our liberty, but also a matter of conscience and injury we might cause others by our thoughlessness.
1. Food destroys not the works of God and is permitted: But here is a principle:
2. It becomes evil when it offends or causes a brother to stumble.
3. It is good to neither eat food or drink wine whereby a brother stumbles, is offeded, or made weak.
b. Whatever we do, in word or deed, we must do it by faith.
1. Happy (Blessed) is he who condemns not himself in things which are allowed.
2. But he that doubts is damned already. WHY?
3. Whatsoever is not of faith, is sin.
2. Let's recognize the responsibility that comes with liberty.
3. Do not exercise your liberty as an occasion for a weaker brother to stumble because that act is not of faith...but of sin.
4. What do you think about this? To Be Continued!
May we live by faith without doubts, and exercise our liberty with responsible love. In His Love, Vic.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Aloha Spark Members! Thank you for all your responses. I hope we are all learning about moral and immoral behavior in this study.
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Awesome God! Sometimes we forget the power of your promises; Sometimes we doubt them. But when we see the rainbow appear in the sky, we remember the everlasting covenant between You and all living creatures, and we are reassured of the power of your promises. Thank You Father for always keeping your promises to us. We recall your promises in our minds, keep them in our hearts and speak them when we forget them or doubt them. Help us to push away from us all doubts , and forgive us when we forget them. Help us to remember that Jesus is our ultimate proof that You have always kept your promises and that You will always keep Your promises. It's in His name that we pray this morning, Amen!"
MESSAGE: An Appeal To All Believers!
1. Heb 6:12 - An appeal to all Christians.
a. Not to be slothful (Sluggish).
b. But to be followers (Imitators) of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises of God.
c. Who then should we imiate? FOR SURE.....JESUS! And also those Christian leaders who are not selling Jesus but are imitators of Christ.
2. Heb 13:7-10 - The appeal is for us to remember:
a. Those that have the rule over us (Who lead us) (vs 7).
1. Who speak the word of God to us.
2. Whose faith is revealed by their conduct.
b. Jesus is our example and theirs, and his example never changes (vs 8).
c. Be not carried away by false and artificial teachings...Remember that Jesus hasn't and will never change (vs 9).
1. Let your hearts be established with God's grace.
2. Only those who follow Jesus' example will in herit the promises of God.
3. The responsibility for following Jesus' example rest with each one of us. What do you think about this? To Be Continued!
May we be blessed in our choices and in our conduct thereoff.
In His Love, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts