Monday, December 20, 2010
Merry Xmas Team Members! Thank you for your responses and comments this past week. Praise God and give Him all the glory.
Hymn Title: What Child Is This?
1. What child is this, who, laid to rest, on Mary's lap is sleeping? Whom angels greet with anthems sweet, while shepherds watch are keeping.
Refrain: This, this is Christ the King, whom shepherds guard and angels sing; Haste, haste to bring Him laud, the Babe, the Son of Mary.
2. Why lies He in such mean estate, where ox and ass are feeding? Good Christians, fear, for sinners here the silent Word is pleading. Refrain:
3. So bring Him incense, gold and myrrh, peasant King, to own Him, the King of Kings salvation brings, let loving hearts enthrone Him. Refrain:
As we continue to look at what the Bible teaches us concerning moral and immoral issues, a third major question needs to be asked: What impact will our example have on others? Will our example encourage others to serve God better, or will it be a bad example?
1. 1 Tim 4:12-16 - Paul teaches Timothy, as he teaches us even today, to be good examples for believers and nonbelivers:
a. In word (In conversation).
b. In conversation (In behavior).
c. In charity (In loving others).
d. In spirit (In proper attitude).
e. In faith (In trusting God always and in everything).
f. In purity (In sexual behavior and in life integrity).
g. How? Read verses 13 thru 16.
h. Why? Verse 16, "For in doing so, thou shall both save thyself, and those that hear thee".
i. Test yourself in each of the areas listed above to see how you measure up.
2. To Be Continued Tuesday!
May each of you be willing to stand in truth and be blessed. In His Love, Vic.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Title: O Come, All Ye Faithful!
1. O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant, O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem! Come and behold Him, born the King of angels!
O come, let us adore Him, O come let us adore Him, O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lords!
2. Sing choirs of angels, sing in exultation, O sing, all ye bright hosts of heav'n above! Glory to God, all glory in the highest!
3. Yea, Lord, we greet thee, born this happy morning, Jesus, to thee be all glory giv'n; Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing!
Trust Everyone is Having a Good Weekend! Merry Xmas, Vic.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Title: It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
1. It came upon the midnight clear, that glorious song of old,
From angels bending near the earth to touch their harps of gold;
Peace on the earth, good-will to men, from heav'n's gracious King;
The world in solemn stillness lay, to hear the angels sing.
2. Still thru the cloven skies they come, with peaceful wings unfurled;
And still their heav'nly music floats, O'er all the weary world;
Above it's sad and lowly plains, they bend on hovering wing,
And ever over the Babel sounds, the blessed angels sing.
3. Yet with the woes of sin and strife, the world has suffered long;
Beneath the angel-strain have rolled, two thousand years of wrong;
And men, at war with men, hear not the love-song which they bring,
O hush the noise, ye men of strife, and hear the angels sing.
4. For lo! The days are hastening on, By prophets seen of old,
When with the ever-circling years, shall come the time foretold;
When with the heav'n and earth shall own, The Prince of Peace their King,
And the whole world send back the song, which now the angels sing.
Merry Xmas Everyone, and Have a great weekend! God Bless, Vic.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Aloha Team Members! Merry Xmas! Winter is in the air and good cheers in our hearts....Praise God!
Title: Dear Lord and Father of Mankind
1. Dear Lord, and Father of mankind, forgive our foolish ways; Reclothe us in our rightful mind, in purer lives, thy service find, in deeper reverence praise.
2. In simple trust like thiers who heard, beside the Syrian sea; The gracious calling of the Lord, let us like them, without a word, rise up and follow thee.
4. Drop thy still dews of quietness, till all our strivings cease; Take from our souls the strain and stress, and let our ordered lives confess, the beauty of thy peace.
When we understand that even our bodies and souls belong to the Lord, we need to ask next, this question: How should our bodies be used?
1. 3 John, verses 2 and 3 - John prays that all may prosper and be in health, even as our soul prosper, by walking in the truth. So we need to walk in truth also if we are to be in good health physically and spiritually.
2. Ron 12:2-3 - Paul makes three important points here on how we should use our bodies:
a. Present you bodies to God as "Living Sacrifices: instead of "Dead Sacrifices". Our body is an instrument of sin. We need to present our body to God so that God's righteousness can be made known.
b. How? By not conforming to the pattern of the this world. We are to resist being poured into a mold of present things, whose values and conduct are unacceptable to God.
c. How? Let us be transformed by the renewing of our mind to the pattern of the world to come in eternity. Unless we make that transfornation here and now, we shall not enter the world God has prepared for his people in eternity.
3. This is something to think about! We can destroy and abuse the gifts of our body and soul to please others, but that makes us impure.
4. Monday we will look at the effects of our examples as we entertain a new question.
Merry Xmas Everyone! Have a wonderful weekend. In His Love, Vic.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Merry Xmas Team Members! What a blessing and joy it is to share God's Word with you daily....Give God all the glory!
Prayerful hymn created by me in 1985: "Teach Me!"
1. Teach me to love, Father like you; teach me to love, a love pure and true.
Teach me to love, sinners like me; teach me to love, just like you.
A prayer to you Father, a song just for You;
A hymn to you Jesus, in honor of You;
A prayer thru you Spirit, song from the heart;
A prayer and song, to our Father above.
2. Teach me to care, Jesus like you; teach to care, to be faithful and true;
Teach me to care, for sinners like me; teach me to care, just like you.
3. Teach me to share, Spirit like you; teach me to share, the Gospel so true;
Teach me to share, with sinners like me; teach me to share, just like you.
We have seen what the scripture says about our role in Time and Opportunity, and in Possessions; now let's see what it says about our role in HEALTH:
1. 1 Cor 6:19-20 - To whom do our bodies belong?
a. We learned earlier that everything belongs to the Lord, and that includes our bodies.
b. We are merely Stewards; stewards both physically and spiritually.
c. Our body is the Temple for the Holy Spirit, which is in us if we are in Christ.
d. We receive both body and spirit from God.
e. We are not our own.
f. We were bought for a price (Christ paid that price for us at Calvary).
g. Therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit.
h. They are God's.
2. To Be Continued Friday!
May we be blessed as we honor what God has given us (Both body and Spirit) with love and respect. In His Love, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts