Monday, October 10, 2011
OUR DAILY READING: (By PASTORMIKE7) "A STERN SCOOLHMASTER" Scripture Reading: Ps. 119:65-72
Life is not always a bed of roses; in fact, it seldom is. But life has a way of molding us into creatures who are either spiritually mellow and golden, or else hardened and bitter. I like to think that life is a schoolmaster that brings out the best in people, especially Christians.
OUR MESSAGE TODAY: JESUS, THE SYMPATHETIC SAVIOR (By MJRVIC2000)
1. As we look at the portrait John has painted for us in John 8:1-11, we see a painting of a Sympathetic Savior.
a. Jesus is not one who is soft on sin.
b. Jesus is one who loves sinners and reaches out to them in grace, forgiveness and love.
c. Are you ready to meet such a SYMPATHETIC SAVIOR?
2. PICTURE THIS: In John 8:3, a sinful woman is brought before Jesus.
a. She was caught in the very act of adultery.
b. She was guilty before the face of the Lord.
c. She was guilty even by the world's standard.
d. Adultery is and will always be a vile sin. because it breaks the law of faithfulness.
e. James 2:10 teaches us that if we keep the whole law and stumble in one point, we are guilty of breaking the whole law.
f. Rom 3:23 tells us that we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
g. We are as guilty of sinning as the woman.
h. The problem is we won't admit it (Prov 28:13).
i. We might be able to hide our sin from some people for a time, but we won't be able to hide it from God.
3. What is sin doing to your life?
a. Hide it and you will not prosper.
b. Confess it and turn from it and you will receive mercy from the Lord.
g. Gal 3:22 concludes that we are all under sin and the promise by faith in Jesus Christ is given to them that believe in Him.
OUR DAILY HYMN: "fATHER OF MERCIES" By Frederick w. Faber (1849).
1. Father of mercies, day by day, My love to Thee grows more and more;
Thy gifts are strewn upon my way, Like sand upon the great seashore,
Like sand upon the great seashore.
2. Father of mercies, God of love, Whose gentle gifts all creartures share;
The rolling seasons as they move, Proclaim to all Thy constant care,
Proclaim to all Thy constant care.
3. Father of mercies, may our hearts, Ne'er overlook Thy bountiful care;
But what our Father's hand impart, Still own in grateful praise and prayer,
Still own in grateful praise and prayer.
OUR DAILY BLESSING: "May God help us to keep watch with those who work, watch and weep for all who sin". IN HIS MERCY, The God's Family Team.
Sunday, October 09, 2011
SPREAD THE SPARK OF WORSHIP TODAY! And may your day be a blessing!
IN HIS LOVE, Vic.
Saturday, October 08, 2011
SPREAD THE SPARK OF LOVE TO EVERYONE!
DAILY HUMOR: A woman would come out of her house every day, and with a loud voice cry out, "PRAISE THE LORD MY GOD!" Next door to her lived an atheist, who heard her say this everyday. So when she came out every day and cried out, "PRAISE THE LORD MY GOD!", he would come out and cry out loud, "THERE IS NO GOD!". This went on for some time. One day, the woman finding herself in need of food, came out and prayed, "LORD , I AM HUNGRY AND HAVE NO FOOD; HELP ME AND PRAISE THE LORD MY GOD!" The atheist came out and said, "THERE IS NO GOD!" The next morning, when the woman came out, there was all kinds of food on her front porch. "THANK YOU LORD, " she cried out. The atheist who was hiding behind a tree came out and said, "SEE! THERE IS NO GOD! I BOUGHT THESE GROCERIES FOR YOU". The woman looked at the groceries, turned to the man, and lifting her eyes to heaven cried out, "THANK YOU LORD FOR ANSWERING MY PRAYER AND MAKING THE DEVIL PAY FOR THEM".
DAILY MESSAGE: JESUS, THE SYMPATHIC SAVIOR! (John 8:1-11).
1. God never condones our sins.
a. He is a Holy God and hates sin with His entire being (1 Pet 1:16).
b. He knows what we are made of (Ps 103:14).
c. He knows what we face daily in our life (Phil 2:5-8).
d. More importantly, He understands us (Ps 139:2).
2. PICTURE THIS: A man was nailing a sign near his fence which said, "PUPPIES FOR SALE". He was nailing the last nail when a little boy appeared next to the fence. "Can I buy one" the little boy asked smiling? "Sure", replied the man, "But they cost a lot of money". The smile disappeared from the boy's face as he reached into his pocket and pulled out some change. " I have 39 cents", he said. "Can I look at one?" The man called out and the momma dog came out, followed by 4 puppies. Then a small 5th one came out hobbling after the others. "I want that one!" the boy cried out. "Oh, you don't want that one" said the man "He'll never be able to run and play with you". The little boy stepped back and rolled up his pants, showing steel braces on both legs. "I don't run too well either", said the boy, "and he will need someone who understands".
DAILY HYMN: "HE KNOWS JUST WHAT I NEED" - By Mosie Lister (1955).
1. My Jeus knows when I am lonely, He knows each pain, He sees each tear,
He understands each lonely heartache, He understands because He cares.
2. My Jesus knows when I am burdened, He knows how much my heart can bear,
He lifts me up when I am sinking, And brings me joy beyond compare.
3. When other friends seem to forget me, when skies are dark, when hope is gone;
By faith I feel His arms around me, And hear Him say, "You're not alone".
The Refrain: My Jesus knows just what I need,
Oh yes, He knows just what I need,
He satisfies, and every need supplies,
Yes, He knows just what I need.
DAILY BLESSING: May God helps us to understand that whatsoever things are of good report, to think on these. IN HIS UNDERSTANDING, The God Family Team!
Friday, October 07, 2011
SPREAD THE SPARK OF HOPE TO EVERYONE!
DAILY DEVO THOUGHT: (By DIDMIS) - "God brings us through every situation whether large or small".
DAILY PSALM: (By RSSSLHB) - Ps 7:1 - "O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me".
DAILY READING: (By PASTORMIKE&) - THE RECOVERY OF SIGHT!
1. There are three major types of blindness: Physical, Mental, and Spiritual.
2. There are three nature of Spiritual blindness: Unawareness, Distortion, and Darkness.
3. Christ wants us to open our eyes to see: God is Love, and a God of Grace and Mercy.
4. Christ wants to remove our blindness:
a. To the lostness of our soul.
b. To the emptiness of life without God.
c. To the hopelessness of self-effort to redeem ourself.
d. To the brevity of life and the length of eternity.
e. To the wonder of God's love for you and me.
DAILY hYMN: "iN THE DESERT OF SORROW AND SIN" - By Henry R. Tickett & Fred A Filmore (1887).
1. In the desert of sorrow and sin, Lo! I faint as I journey along;
With the warfare without and within, See my strength and my hope nearly gone. REFRAIN.
2. In my weakness I turn to the fount, From the Rock that was smitten for me;
And I drink, and I joyfully count, All my trials a blessings to be. REFRAIN.
3. O thou God of compassion, I pray, Let me ever abide in Thy sight,
Let me drink of the fount day by day, Till I join Thee in mansions of light. REFRAIN.
REFRAIN: I thirst, let me drink, of the life giving stream let me drink;
Tis the Rock,, cleft for me, Tis the water, the water of life.
DAILY MESSAGE: (By MJRVIC2000) - JESUS, THE FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATER!
1. To receive the Living Water, there are three things we must do:
a. We must have an APPETITE- that is a THIRST for the Living Water. We need the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 8:44), and know that sinners are dead in their sins (Eph 2:1). The Spirit of God co0mes and quickens that dead spirit so the sinner can turn to Jesus for salvation.
b. We must have an APPROACH- that is COME to Jesus (John 7:37). Jesus invites us to come unto Him. Notice the three aspects of the invitation: COME - ANY MAN - DRINK.
c. We must have APPROPRIATION - that is TO DRINK. Water willwork for our thirst, ONLY if we DRINK it.
2. PICTURE THIS: The blood of the lamb could not save until it was applied to the post of the house (Ex 12:13), and safety was then avaible ONLY to those INSIDE the house. SO IT IS WITH US (Heb 9:22; 1 Pet 1:18-19)! Do you thirst? Are you in the safety of His House?
DAILY PRAYER: (By MJRVIC2000) - "Most Loving Father, lead us to Jesus, the Fountain of Living Water, where we may drink of the living stream, live forever and find our home with You, our safety in Jesus, and our future in heaven. Help us live in Him and for Him that others may see Jesus living in us to Your glory. We praise You, Father, and we thank You for this blessing. This we pray in His name, Amen!"
DAILY BLESSING: (By MJRVIC2000) - May God help us to celebrate life in Christ Jesus with all our might.
DAILY RESPONSE: Thank you all for your wonderful responsess, comments, and input to this Team Blog. IN HIS GRACE, Vic.
Thursday, October 06, 2011
SPREAD THE SPARK OF LOVE TO EVERYONE!
DAILY HYMN: "ALAS! aND DID MY SAVIOR BLEED!" - By Isaac Watts (1707) and Ralph E. Hudson (1885).
1. Alas! and did my Savior bleed, And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head, For such a one as I? REFRAIN
2. Was it for crimes that I had done, He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown! And love beyond degree! REFRAIN
3. Well might the sun in darkness hide, And shut the glories in,
When Christ the mighty Maker died For man, the creature sin. REFRAIN
4. But drops of grief can never repay The debt of love I owe;
Here, Lord, I give myself away, Tis all that I can do! REFRAIN
At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light,
And the burdens of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now I am happy all the day.
DAILY STATEMENT: (By SPARKEDFRIEND) - "At our age we can lose weight and get fit".
DAILY DEVO THOUGHT: (By DIDMIS) - "Too much doubt rules weight loss out"!
DAILY PSALM: (By RSSSLHB) - Ps 5:3 - "My voice shall thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up".
DAILY PRAYER: (By MIDORITHOMAS) - "Dear Lord, here we are again. Our hearts are full of longing to see the works of Your hands. Waiting is difficult for us, but we are here....waiting....on Jesus. You have heard our prayers, You see into our hearts; and we are broken before You. Our hearts are poued out before You as we wait for Your answer. Hear our cries, O Lord, and come quickly. Help us NOT to be overcomed with despair. Help us to remember that You have already overcomed the world. You are bigger than anything that can be thrown at us. You are our hope and our joy. Without You we cannot do anything. If we stand in our own strength, we will surely fail. COME, LORD JESUS, WE NEED YOU! This we ask in Jesus' precious name, Amen!"
DAILY MESSAGE: (By MJRVIC2000) - JESUS, THE FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATER!
1. What are the rewards of the Fountain of Living Water? (John 7:37-39).
a. SALVATION: The primary benefit of coming to Jesus Christ by faith is that of being eternally saved by the grace of God.
b. SATISFACTION: It is from the belly that the "river of living water" flows; that part of man that is difficult to satisfy.
c. STRENGTH: The Living Water never abates; It is always there and constantly refrshing the life of the believer.
d. SERVICE: The Water of Life that is placed in us forms a mighty river that flows out from us and touches those around us.
2. PICTURE THIS: The Rock in the desert (Ex 17:6), when it was opened up, water came forth and refreshed all who came into contact with it. SO IT IS WITH US! Are you being refreshed daily?
DAILY BLESSING: May the Lord help us to relax and enjoy the beauty that comes with meekness.
IN HIS GRACE, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts