Saturday, October 08, 2011
SPREAD THE SPARK OF LOVE TO EVERYONE!
DAILY HUMOR: A woman would come out of her house every day, and with a loud voice cry out, "PRAISE THE LORD MY GOD!" Next door to her lived an atheist, who heard her say this everyday. So when she came out every day and cried out, "PRAISE THE LORD MY GOD!", he would come out and cry out loud, "THERE IS NO GOD!". This went on for some time. One day, the woman finding herself in need of food, came out and prayed, "LORD , I AM HUNGRY AND HAVE NO FOOD; HELP ME AND PRAISE THE LORD MY GOD!" The atheist came out and said, "THERE IS NO GOD!" The next morning, when the woman came out, there was all kinds of food on her front porch. "THANK YOU LORD, " she cried out. The atheist who was hiding behind a tree came out and said, "SEE! THERE IS NO GOD! I BOUGHT THESE GROCERIES FOR YOU". The woman looked at the groceries, turned to the man, and lifting her eyes to heaven cried out, "THANK YOU LORD FOR ANSWERING MY PRAYER AND MAKING THE DEVIL PAY FOR THEM".
DAILY MESSAGE: JESUS, THE SYMPATHIC SAVIOR! (John 8:1-11).
1. God never condones our sins.
a. He is a Holy God and hates sin with His entire being (1 Pet 1:16).
b. He knows what we are made of (Ps 103:14).
c. He knows what we face daily in our life (Phil 2:5-8).
d. More importantly, He understands us (Ps 139:2).
2. PICTURE THIS: A man was nailing a sign near his fence which said, "PUPPIES FOR SALE". He was nailing the last nail when a little boy appeared next to the fence. "Can I buy one" the little boy asked smiling? "Sure", replied the man, "But they cost a lot of money". The smile disappeared from the boy's face as he reached into his pocket and pulled out some change. " I have 39 cents", he said. "Can I look at one?" The man called out and the momma dog came out, followed by 4 puppies. Then a small 5th one came out hobbling after the others. "I want that one!" the boy cried out. "Oh, you don't want that one" said the man "He'll never be able to run and play with you". The little boy stepped back and rolled up his pants, showing steel braces on both legs. "I don't run too well either", said the boy, "and he will need someone who understands".
DAILY HYMN: "HE KNOWS JUST WHAT I NEED" - By Mosie Lister (1955).
1. My Jeus knows when I am lonely, He knows each pain, He sees each tear,
He understands each lonely heartache, He understands because He cares.
2. My Jesus knows when I am burdened, He knows how much my heart can bear,
He lifts me up when I am sinking, And brings me joy beyond compare.
3. When other friends seem to forget me, when skies are dark, when hope is gone;
By faith I feel His arms around me, And hear Him say, "You're not alone".
The Refrain: My Jesus knows just what I need,
Oh yes, He knows just what I need,
He satisfies, and every need supplies,
Yes, He knows just what I need.
DAILY BLESSING: May God helps us to understand that whatsoever things are of good report, to think on these. IN HIS UNDERSTANDING, The God Family Team!
Friday, October 07, 2011
SPREAD THE SPARK OF HOPE TO EVERYONE!
DAILY DEVO THOUGHT: (By DIDMIS) - "God brings us through every situation whether large or small".
DAILY PSALM: (By RSSSLHB) - Ps 7:1 - "O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me".
DAILY READING: (By PASTORMIKE&) - THE RECOVERY OF SIGHT!
1. There are three major types of blindness: Physical, Mental, and Spiritual.
2. There are three nature of Spiritual blindness: Unawareness, Distortion, and Darkness.
3. Christ wants us to open our eyes to see: God is Love, and a God of Grace and Mercy.
4. Christ wants to remove our blindness:
a. To the lostness of our soul.
b. To the emptiness of life without God.
c. To the hopelessness of self-effort to redeem ourself.
d. To the brevity of life and the length of eternity.
e. To the wonder of God's love for you and me.
DAILY hYMN: "iN THE DESERT OF SORROW AND SIN" - By Henry R. Tickett & Fred A Filmore (1887).
1. In the desert of sorrow and sin, Lo! I faint as I journey along;
With the warfare without and within, See my strength and my hope nearly gone. REFRAIN.
2. In my weakness I turn to the fount, From the Rock that was smitten for me;
And I drink, and I joyfully count, All my trials a blessings to be. REFRAIN.
3. O thou God of compassion, I pray, Let me ever abide in Thy sight,
Let me drink of the fount day by day, Till I join Thee in mansions of light. REFRAIN.
REFRAIN: I thirst, let me drink, of the life giving stream let me drink;
Tis the Rock,, cleft for me, Tis the water, the water of life.
DAILY MESSAGE: (By MJRVIC2000) - JESUS, THE FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATER!
1. To receive the Living Water, there are three things we must do:
a. We must have an APPETITE- that is a THIRST for the Living Water. We need the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 8:44), and know that sinners are dead in their sins (Eph 2:1). The Spirit of God co0mes and quickens that dead spirit so the sinner can turn to Jesus for salvation.
b. We must have an APPROACH- that is COME to Jesus (John 7:37). Jesus invites us to come unto Him. Notice the three aspects of the invitation: COME - ANY MAN - DRINK.
c. We must have APPROPRIATION - that is TO DRINK. Water willwork for our thirst, ONLY if we DRINK it.
2. PICTURE THIS: The blood of the lamb could not save until it was applied to the post of the house (Ex 12:13), and safety was then avaible ONLY to those INSIDE the house. SO IT IS WITH US (Heb 9:22; 1 Pet 1:18-19)! Do you thirst? Are you in the safety of His House?
DAILY PRAYER: (By MJRVIC2000) - "Most Loving Father, lead us to Jesus, the Fountain of Living Water, where we may drink of the living stream, live forever and find our home with You, our safety in Jesus, and our future in heaven. Help us live in Him and for Him that others may see Jesus living in us to Your glory. We praise You, Father, and we thank You for this blessing. This we pray in His name, Amen!"
DAILY BLESSING: (By MJRVIC2000) - May God help us to celebrate life in Christ Jesus with all our might.
DAILY RESPONSE: Thank you all for your wonderful responsess, comments, and input to this Team Blog. IN HIS GRACE, Vic.
Thursday, October 06, 2011
SPREAD THE SPARK OF LOVE TO EVERYONE!
DAILY HYMN: "ALAS! aND DID MY SAVIOR BLEED!" - By Isaac Watts (1707) and Ralph E. Hudson (1885).
1. Alas! and did my Savior bleed, And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head, For such a one as I? REFRAIN
2. Was it for crimes that I had done, He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown! And love beyond degree! REFRAIN
3. Well might the sun in darkness hide, And shut the glories in,
When Christ the mighty Maker died For man, the creature sin. REFRAIN
4. But drops of grief can never repay The debt of love I owe;
Here, Lord, I give myself away, Tis all that I can do! REFRAIN
At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light,
And the burdens of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now I am happy all the day.
DAILY STATEMENT: (By SPARKEDFRIEND) - "At our age we can lose weight and get fit".
DAILY DEVO THOUGHT: (By DIDMIS) - "Too much doubt rules weight loss out"!
DAILY PSALM: (By RSSSLHB) - Ps 5:3 - "My voice shall thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up".
DAILY PRAYER: (By MIDORITHOMAS) - "Dear Lord, here we are again. Our hearts are full of longing to see the works of Your hands. Waiting is difficult for us, but we are here....waiting....on Jesus. You have heard our prayers, You see into our hearts; and we are broken before You. Our hearts are poued out before You as we wait for Your answer. Hear our cries, O Lord, and come quickly. Help us NOT to be overcomed with despair. Help us to remember that You have already overcomed the world. You are bigger than anything that can be thrown at us. You are our hope and our joy. Without You we cannot do anything. If we stand in our own strength, we will surely fail. COME, LORD JESUS, WE NEED YOU! This we ask in Jesus' precious name, Amen!"
DAILY MESSAGE: (By MJRVIC2000) - JESUS, THE FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATER!
1. What are the rewards of the Fountain of Living Water? (John 7:37-39).
a. SALVATION: The primary benefit of coming to Jesus Christ by faith is that of being eternally saved by the grace of God.
b. SATISFACTION: It is from the belly that the "river of living water" flows; that part of man that is difficult to satisfy.
c. STRENGTH: The Living Water never abates; It is always there and constantly refrshing the life of the believer.
d. SERVICE: The Water of Life that is placed in us forms a mighty river that flows out from us and touches those around us.
2. PICTURE THIS: The Rock in the desert (Ex 17:6), when it was opened up, water came forth and refreshed all who came into contact with it. SO IT IS WITH US! Are you being refreshed daily?
DAILY BLESSING: May the Lord help us to relax and enjoy the beauty that comes with meekness.
IN HIS GRACE, Vic.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011
GOOOOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
DAILY SCRIPTURE: READ John 7:37-38.
DAILY MESSAGE: JESUS, THE FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATER - (By MJRVIC2000).
1. The opening of a water well requires the earth be opened so the life giving water can come forth.
a. This was accomplished by Christ Jesus when He died on the cross (John 19:14).
b. Some believe that our salvation would be more of a reality if Jesus were actually here, but there is a reason why it is not this way.
c. In John 16:7, Jesus tells us why: "Jesus had to die and go away in order to send the Holy Spirit.
d. Jesus died on the cross, was buried, rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven (Acts 1:6-11).
e. On Pentecost (Acts 2:1), Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to the disciples (Acts 2:2-4), and also to us (Acts 2:38-39).
f. Jesus, who is the Fountain of Living Water, has been opened ever since,, and the Holy Spirit, who is the Water of Life, has been with us as promised.
2. PICTURE THIS: Jesus went to the cross and died, not because He was a bad man or He deserved dying, but because He loved you and me, and because He wanted to provide a way for us to miss hell and make heaven. He died because he loved sinners (Ron 5:6-8). We are commanded to hate sin but love sinners. How are you doing so far? To Be Continued.
DAILY PSALM: (By RSSSLHB) - Ps 4:5 -
"Offer sacrifice of righteousness, and put your faith in the Lord".
DAILY DEVO THOUGHT: (By DIDMIS) -
"We don't want our greatest skill to be our ability to eat".
DAILY READING: (By PASTORMIKE7) - Moses, An Example of Faith and Action!
1. Faith is seen in Moses parents (Ex 2:1-10).
2. Moses faith is expressed by his actions (Heb 11:24-29).
3. Moses withdrew from Egypt to wait, which was an act of faith.
4. Moses arranged for the Passover Feast, another act of faith.
5. Moses led God's people across the Red Sea, another act of faith.
DAILY PRAYER: (By MJRVIC2000) -
"Glorious Father, Sovereign God! Faith in You is more precious than all the gold in this world. Help us to make our purses in heaven where neither thieft can steal nor moth destroy. Show us where to place our teasures, because where our treasure is, there our heart will be also. Teach us to invest wisely, in treasures that are eternal. Enable us NOT to allow anything and everything to keep our hearts turned away from You, but rather strengthen us to stay focused on our Savior Jesus Christ and on heaven. Gold will perish but faith will remain. Help us to invest in what will last forever. This we pray in Jesus' glorious name, Amen!"
DAILY BLESSING: (By MJRVIC2000) -
"May our God help us so we can bushwack life's toughest trials, one step at a time". In His Spirit, Vic.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
GREETINGS OF PEACE TO EVERYONE!
A GRATEFUL RESPONSE: Thank you for your inputs and comments. I'm still working to learn how to cut, copy, paste and attach data. Thanks for being patient! Glory to God!
TODAY'S PRAYER: (By MIDORITHOMAS) -
" Merciful and Loving Father, how long is forever? Your Word is filled with instruction, promises, hope and commands for us. You Word is Truth, and with the understanding You give us through study of the scripture, and with the light and guidance from the Holy Spirit, we can be secured in Jesus forever. Nothing can harm our eternal soul when we commit our lives to You daily. Your Word is indestructible. Your Word is Life. Help us to meditate upon Your Word and incorporate it into our daily life. Write Your Word upon our hearts so it will help us to bring glory to Your name. Thank You for giving us something we can hold on to-----a ressurance that You are always with us to the very end....anf beyond the end forever. This we pray in Jesus' blessed name, Amen!"
TODAY'S COMMENT: (By SPARKEDFRIEND) -
"October is a new month for new goals".
TODAY'S DEVO THOUGHT": (By DIDMIS) - (Recommend Blog Reading).
"With Jesus' might, my fat I will fight".
TODAY'S MESSAGE: (By PASTORMIKE7) - (Recommend Blog to Read) -
"Abraham: The Faith That Obeyed"
1. Glad obedience gives assurance of sonship (1 John 2:3-7).
2. Glad obedience makes prayer a transforming experience (1 John 3:22-24).
3. Glad obedience is proof of our love (John 14:15).
TODAY''S PSALM: (By RSSSLHB) - Ps 1:6 -
"For the Lord knows the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish".
TODAY'S SPIRTUAL HYMN: " TRUST AND OBEY" - 1877, by J. H. Sammis & D. B. Towner.
First verse: "When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, What a glory He sheds on our way! While we do His good will, He abides with us still, And with all who will trust and obey. ( REFRAIN) Trust and obey, for there's no other way To be happy in Jeus, but to trust and obey".
CLOSING BLESSING: (By MJRVIC2000) -
"May our life and service here give others a brief glimpse of the glory of Jesus, and a taste of what is to come". In His Trust, Vic.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MJRVIC2000 Posts