Saturday, October 01, 2011
Uh, I lost 2 pounds... and the only vegetable Minnesota restaurants have ever seen is a fried mushroom!
Ok, that's not completely true, I did LOVE the IGA store we found and bought loads of delicious fruit, but seriously, my aunt who I would say is a health nut (apparently in ways other than food), only serves vegetables in butter and cheese, and when I gave my son steamed broccoli (without butter or cheese) said out loud when she saw it on his plate, "What is that green crap?!" *sigh* yay, thanks for helping my kid eat his greens. :(
I still don't know if I'm heading back today, so still don't know if I'm getting home Sunday or Monday. I'm only hoping my boss is OK with me being gone for so long. I'm sure there's tons of work when I get back...
Stress, I'm definitely chalking up a loss during travel to stress. From my grandfathers condition (I did get to say goodbye before he passed away, so that was good) to keeping the peace between my aunt and dad, it's all I can figure. Seriously everything is fried up here, I now have a new appreciation for Sparklers sparking up north. I also have a new appreciation for Texas grown fruit and veg, my brother lives in Iowa and all their fruit and veg is shipped in so it's more expensive than what I would pay back home. The flip side to that is everyone seems to have their own gardens (that produce DELICIOUS vegggies!) so that's GREAT!
Ok, enough rambling, I need to get back to the kiddos. I miss being here everyday. Hope to be back soon!
Thursday, September 22, 2011
1. I have awesome redish hair with blonde highlights and brown lowlights. I love it. I don't care how it's cut or what it looks like, my hair color makes up for it. It's natural, my hair stylist friends call me a B because I don't have to pay them for it. Also I have a hazel spot in one eye that matches my hair color.
2. I keep in touch with my childhood girl friends who still live in the area. I love and support them even though we're in all different places/stages of our lives. We get together for girls nights and blurt inappropriate things, and wish we got together more often.
3. I used to play bassoon, clarinet, various percussion instruments. Yes. I am a huge band nerd, and I think that makes me awesome. For my husbands birthday this year I took him to a DCI show that happened to be coming through our town that weekend. I LOVED IT, he loved it.
4. My parents watched "Napoleon Dynamite" and compared me to the main character...oh wait, is that the opposite of pfabulous? I'm pretty sure they were referring to his awesome sense of style, dancing ability, and accurate self awareness of artistic awesomeness. I need to go get my chapstick, my lips hurt real bad...
5. I fully expect my son will be interested in things I have zero interest in, like cars and football. I'm fully prepared to love him, and show him the respect he deserves regardless of my initial interest in his pursuits. My parents did this for me, I think everyone deserves that and I think that makes me pfabulous (just don't ask him, I know he'll still hate me when he's a teenager!) hehe!
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
so...no change this week, in fact, I think I look bigger. It IS TOM, which, I KNOW, is TMI. :)
K, here it is... week 1 and 2 side by sides:
It is what it is! Next week will be better. My weight this morning was down .7 from last week. We'll see what tomorrow holds, not holding my breath because I know that I didn't give it my all this past week. I could have done better, so, tomorrow and the days after that I'll do better. Cause that's the only way I'm going to see results! :)
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Pre-Challenge Assignment #1 ~
I have the gym clothes that I have, no new ones. I'm going to try and continue with the shoes I already have, but either before the challenge ends, or very soon after I'll need to get some new ones. Water bottles are check. So, mostly I think I have everything I need. I just need to make sure that every evening I have everything out and ready for exercising in the morning.
*WiiFit or Spark Exercise video AT LEAST 10 minutes once a day.
*JustDance with my son AT LEAST 3x a week for as long as we feel like!
*Elliptical AT LEAST 3x a week for 10 minutes. I'd like to gradually increase my time, if not my frequency to 30 minutes.
I'm following my low-sodium, low-stress diet. This diet is one that I've slightly modified from my doc.
*whole grains, maybe milk and fruit for breakfast
*healthy snack (almonds, applesauce, yogurt, goldfish!)
*homemade soup with one serving of grain (bread, crackers) and one serving of fruit for lunch
*healthy snack (almonds, applesauce, yogurt, goldfish!)
*one portion meat, carb, all the steamed veg I can eat
I make sure I stay under 1500 calories by tracking, I try to stay as close to 1200 as I can (as prescribed by my doc), but that is near impossible for me. I gotta eat when I'm hungry or I go overboard! water water water!
Yes! I plan on checking the team page and message boards every day (ok, at the least once a week, but hopefully more like every day!)
done and done
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
I cannot believe I'm posting this, but whatever, I'm going to be a superwoman.
Shoot, I AM a SUPERWOMAN!!! I'm just having a teensy freak out about putting these up. I couldn't decide between a front shot and the sideways shot, so I did the side by side of both. So, today...week 1... I'm ~187. The top is a 14/16 clingy, polyestery, tank top that I would LOVE to be able to wear without a cover up...also I'd like for what you could see beyond the cover up to not be a lumpy mess. :D The bra is probably NEVER going to fit right, but we'll see! What I will say about it, is that it's a wireless, and I've always dreamed about being able to wear a wireless bra. I am crazy, I know, but I'm allowed to dream big for this challenge (or small as the case may be!) The bottoms are a size L (which I haven't been in YEARS).
Please excuse the harsh lighting, hopefully next week I'll find a better spot...
Get An Email Alert Each Time MINERVASPARKING Posts