Monday, October 22, 2012
So for the challenge this week, we're supposed to review our challenge goals that were made back in September. I went back to look through my goals, and I'm just underwhelmed at what I haven't done so far this challenge.
1. Walk or jog at least 6 days a week (trackable goal) When the weather starts getting bad, I'll have to join a gym to keep this up.
---> I haven't been doing this. I've lost my mojo on this...really need to get a gym membership. It's really starting to get cold and I lack motivation when it's cold outside to go walking.
2. Weight loss goal is 10-15 pounds for this round (again, trackable)
----> I'm about halfway (7 pounds, estimated), but I have lost about 16 pounds since I started on the waiting list for this challenge to start...guess I'm still doing okay here.
3. Walk 3 flights of stairs without getting winded ( not sure if this is trackable...but I'll be able to tell the difference)
----> I have been walking up and down stairs, but I still get winded. I'm going to chalk this up to a work in progress. =)
4. Eat 3-4 servings of freggies at least 5 days a week. (trackable)
----> Yeah, this isn't happening. I HAVE gotten better about what I put in my mouth, but I'm still having issues with vegetables. This is a deep-rooted issue for me, but I'm working through it. I'm still eating spinach salads, but they're getting a little boring at the moment. Anybody have any ideas?
Okay, so that's where I'm at. I'm seriously feeling sluggish with this competition right now. I don't know if it's because of my inner fat kid, or it's just that I'm starting to feel jealous of the weight that other people have dropped. Granted, I haven't given it my all, but I'm worried that if I do, I'll burn out for sure. I dunno.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
So I was looking back over my goals for October...boy have I messed up on these.
1) Needing to start walking- Okay, I've done this one...though not as much as I would like to be doing. I know I can kick my butt and get moving more.
2) Plan my meals- total fail on this one. If it's not part of the weekend challenge it doesn't seem to get done. I know this is a work in progress, but it's hard admitting defeat on this one. I have done better about the types of food that I bring into the house, though...that's one plus. =)
3) Drink water- still a 50/50 on that. I'm having a hard time breaking the soda habit again...especially with working so many days in a row...it's hard to not drink a mt. dew to try to stay awake, though I'm sure coffee would do far better.
4) Find motivation- yup, still a fail. Betty from the Pink Vikings posted a Monday motivation post all about losing the motivation and how to find it...think I might need to print it out and stick it to my bedroom door.
5) Find some nice clothes....I got this! There's some garage sale sites on facebook that I found some really nice "work-dress" clothes. The lady was selling them for $5 a shirt, so I now have some interview shirts if the need arises (which I'm hoping will be soon!) I showed them to my boyfriend, and he liked all but one (a pea green sweater...I'm still not sure about that one either, quite honestly), so I feel like I did ok on this goal. Might need to find a few pairs of jeans still. I hardly have the need to wear street clothes anymore, so I don't have a whole lot that look good on me.
6) Find some "me" time....hmm...not sure if I've really done this one or not. I have taken long hot baths (something I never used to enjoy but now relish!), but I still haven't done any real pampering for myself. I'm hoping to make an appointment to get my hair colored this weekend. *fingers crossed*
So I took my boyfriend grocery shopping on Friday, and I have to say that it does make a difference having him with me. I spent wayyyy too much, but some of it was staples that we were out of, so all in all I'm guessing it wasn't terrible. He's been cooking super healthy food all weekend. Yesterday, though, my inner fat kid won out. I was craving grease and cheese, and I know I could have ordered a smaller burger and probably felt just as satisfied, but inner fat kid wanted the baconator (doh!). So I messed up really bad yesterday, and I know it...I'm just hoping that my one super bad day won't neutralize all the really great food and the exercise I've done for the week. I have a massive migraine right now, which I know is partly from lack of sleep but also from all that sodium and grease. Today, I'm drinking water (4 cups down so far) and I've had a Luna bar and am working on a greek yogurt right now. Also, a cup of coffee to nurse the migraine. =( Really just hoping that weigh-in tomorrow isn't completely terrible.
Wednesday, October 03, 2012
New Month, New Goals!
1) NEED to start walking! I've been really sick this past week, and I've honestly missed walking and jogging when I can. The weather channel says it's supposed to start snowing tonight (ugh!) and it's going to be pretty nasty from then on, so maybe it's time to look into a gym membership.
2) Plan my meals. I really liked the weekend challenge we had this past weekend....it had a challenge to plan your meals out. I actually found that it does make a difference...and it's so nice to be able to know what's for dinner before I have to go rummaging through the freezer last minute...such a great feeling! And yesterday I purchased a pork tenderloin because it was on sale and it's on the menu for later this week. yay!
3) DRINK WATER! I've gotten lazy about this this past week, especially with being sick with a cold. It's easier to have something like a soda clean my palette when I can't really taste anything then a glass of water and the constant cough drops. Now, granted, I have still been drinking water, but not as much as I should have been. I found my water bottle yesterday (it was MIA) and I had four servings in nothing flat!
4) Find Motivation. I'm having a little bit of a roadblock..at least I was before I got sick. I just keep seeing all these people losing so much weight every week, and I keep thinking there's no way that I'll ever lose that much in one week. It's a little depressing....I'm feeling like maybe I'm in the wrong challenge to start. Maybe I should have started with something that's not so challenging. But then I think, any other challenge wouldn't have a great support group involved, and if I hadn't done this challenge I wouldn't have met such great ladies. Deep down, I know that it shouldn't matter about the other people that lose so much each week...that I need to do what's best for me, which is a few pounds a week. My competitive side still doesn't like it much...lol
5) Find some nice clothes. I may have an interview for a new job later this month, but I know that everything I have in my closet is stretched out and looks terrible on me. I need to go shopping, but I still don't feel good doing it. I need to get started on this...wish me luck!
6) Find some "me" time. I still am putting everyone before me. Even this past week while I've been sick, I was cleaning bathrooms and disinfecting sinks to make sure that everyone else didn't catch this. Don't know how much good it did, but at least I tried. I did get a lot of extra sleep this week, though, which was really nice (even if it was for a terrible reason, lol)
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
All right, so week 2 didn't go according to plan. Life got in the way. I didn't do as bad as I had thought I had. Only ended up gaining 0.8 of a pound. I was really proud of myself for doing almost an hour's worth of a workout yesterday. My body's sore, but not too sore (just lets me know I'm alive!).
So what do I need to do to keep my motivation up this week? Hmm...I know I need to make myself a priority, but how? First, I need to keep my inner fat kid in check. Second, I need to keep moving, no matter what. Third, I need to keep track of my food intake.
My biggest problem is my inner fat kid. She whines...a lot! Tells me I shouldn't HAVE to work out...it's hot outside and now we're sweating. WHY do we have to take this walk? Why can't we just go home and eat those chocolate chips in the freezer? Ugh! She can be so annoying. I finally just ignored her yesterday and did my workout anyways...felt good, but man! was she mad at me...she'll get over it though. I feel better, and that's what matters. I know that I need to appease her in small ways or she'll rear her ugly little head and before I know it, a whole bag of candy will be gone and I'll be left holding the wrappers...no bueno! So maybe I can do just a handful of those chocolate chips with a spoonful of peanut butter. I crave crunchy more then I do sweet...maybe I could grab some of those 100 calorie packs at the store next time I go.
I have a serious problem with getting moving if I've opted out of working out for a few days. It's just really hard to WANT to get up and dressed and out the door. I need to stop with my excuses, and I need to get dressed to the shoes before my body has realized what happened. I honestly think I need to work out for even just a few minutes a day to keep that momentum.
I have noticed that on the days that I track what I eat, I don't eat as much. Instead, I drink a ton more water. It's like I feel guilty if I have to put that extra bite of mashed potatoes on the tracker, so I just don't eat it. It feels really good to see a deficit of calories for the day, and knowing that if I go out and have a special meal with my family on the weekend, that I'm not going to feel too guilty about it. I do need to increase my veggies though. Got one in last night. I think I just need to start buying them already cut and cleaned. That seems to help with my motivation to eat them. Granted, it costs a little more, but I think it may just be worth it.
I know that I can do this. It's just going to take a couple extra pushes from me to get me there. I look at all the people on my team that work out 2 or 3 hours a day, and I can't help but feel jealous, but I know that their situations might be completely different from mine and they may have been at this just a little bit longer than I have. I'll get there though!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MICYWALTON Posts