Saturday, April 12, 2014
My goals for the first week are:
Kick Clutter to the curb
Cardio (mostly option 4)
Good Nutrition Basics
I have been wanting to start Flylady again, and the kick clutter challenge is a perfect way to get back into the swing of it.
I've also been feeling pretty much like a sloth lately, so getting back to the gym and on the treadmill is going to be great for me. I'm going to take my daughter with me so we can have some bonding time, and I can teach her the right way to do things (instead of sitting on the couch all the time).
Nutrition...(sigh)...my nemesis mostly...is something I need to get better at. I've been eating terribly, and it's time for a change. I'm going to sit down with Dan tonight after work and set up a menu for the week that's healthy and still do-able.
Monday, November 25, 2013
I have to say that this past weekend was a welcomed break from my normal life. Dan finally graduated from the Culinary Academy on Saturday. Everyone was so nice, and they all told me how much he talked about me the whole time he was there. I truly felt welcomed into a whole new family, and it felt sooo nice! I'm so freakin' proud of him. Now on to finishing his last year of school and getting a degree, and me getting into nursing school.
Saturday evening, Dan made his intentions clear- he wants to marry me! It's definitely been a long time coming, but I think him being away for a few months gave him time to really figure out just what he wants. He didn't officially propose, but he said he wants to next year. I told him it better be a great proposal...I might just have to say no if it's not...
Sunday was my baby boy's birthday...ten years old already! Since we were in Denver already, we went to Boondocks for the day. Sterling had so much fun- laser tag, arcade, bowling...he also tried to go on the go-karts, but it was pretty cold out there!
I have a lot of blessings in my life right now, but I also have some things to work on next year. I'm nowhere where I wanted to be at this point in my life, but I'm here...and I'm working on changing things now. And that's what counts.
Monday, July 22, 2013
All right, so over halfway through this round, and what do I have to show for it?
-zip, nada, zilch, nothing!
My goals for this round were:
1. To be able to wander over to the weights area of my gym without feeling self-conscious.
-Yeah, still haven't had the guts to do this one.
2. To finally figure out the best eating style for me (other than soup like the end of last round lol)
- Nope, not yet. Although I have been leaning towards paleo. There's just so much to the lifestyle. I'm not sure if I could do it all.
3. To take time for myself and make myself a priority.
-Hmm....I have been forcing myself to take more time at the gym, so I guess you could say I've "started" with this. This is still a work in progress.
It's time for a reboot. I don't feel like the scale's moving much, and I keep struggling with the same 3 pounds over and over. It's frustrating, and I'm ready to move on from it.
So here's my goals for this week.
1. Every time I look at the clock at work, I have to take a long drink of water ( I look at the clock a LOT!)
2. Stay away from the candy dish at work.
3. Stick up for myself when it comes to my coworker starting to take on more responsibilities at work. I shouldn't have to do it all by myself just because he's new.
4. Increase my freggie count daily. Reduce my processed carbs to as few as possible. I feel better when I'm not eating crap.
5. More walks, more stairs, more ST on bathroom breaks (gonna be taking a few since I'm gonna be drinking all that water).
I would totally LOVE for all my Spy-mates to start a ST or burpee challenge. I did 10 the other night, and OMG! I hated it! lol, but it was a good feeling to have accomplished it...to know that I can do it. I have to remember that I'm a work in progress, but I WANT to keep working at this.
Monday, June 24, 2013
I know what you're doing. You saw the number on the scale yesterday, and you're slowly working to sabotage yourself again. 240.6...we've been here before at the end of BLC last round. Just because you're at that number does NOT give you the right to slowly eat the calories back. I know that it's been a really long time since you've been below 240, and I remember what made you climb to above that number. What happened in the past is in the past- it's not an issue anymore. You're not in that situation anymore, and you're a much better person for coming through that dark time in our life. It's time to keep moving forward, and keep getting lower numbers on that scale. So stop eating your extra calories, Michelle. You're worth so much more than that ice cream scoop. We're worth more. Those pants are still hanging up on the back of your bedroom door, and they want to be worn again. It's time.
Let it go.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
So I was feeling sorry for myself last night and refusing to do anything, eating cheez wiz and crackers, bar nuts and soda. I was watching The Following on hulu and ran out of episodes to watch so I started scrolling to find something to watch. I found a show called Extreme Weight Loss and I remembered that someone had told me it was a good show, so I decided to watch it. The first episode didn't really get to me, but the episode with Meredith did. She may be younger than me but she's dealing with some stuff that's similar to mine (I'm not adopted, but I'm a love child and my birth father wasn't part of my life). The episode made sense to me. Her journey was truly awe-inspiring to me. She ran a freakin' marathon 6 months into her journey, wth?? I stopped eating junk and started doing squats on the commercial breaks. I also noticed something about the show. The trainer breaks up the goal into 3 phases...so each phase the participant loses weight according to their goal for the 3 month period. I think I'm going to try this idea. Granted, I'm not going to go for 80 pounds in 3 months, but maybe I could go for 20 in 3 months time. For right now, though, I'm going to go smaller. I want to lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks.
My goals for the next 2 weeks: Back to Basics
1) Drink 10 glasses of water.
2) Start going back to the gym before work for 45 minutes. After work, go for a jog on the greenway outside my house. Strength training on some part of the body after that.
3) Make smarter food choices. Chicken and steamed veggies is okay for dinner. My BF started working at a restaurant in the evenings so it's just me at night now. I'm okay with eating the same thing night after night, unlike the rest of my family.
4) Start journaling. Anything, everything. Whatever's bothering me.
My children went to their dad's for the summer, so it really is just me this summer. Maybe the timing is good for this. I've been having a hard time with motivation this BLC round, so maybe this is my kick in the butt I need.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MICYWALTON Posts