Tuesday, August 19, 2014
So I disappeared on here for a while and quit tracking, then went back to Weight Watchers, etc., but I am back now. Never quit trying, right? So in an effort to cut back on sugar and carbs (my problem foods), I started the 17 Day Diet two days ago on Sunday. I have made one alteration, I am drinking a protein drink (no sugar or carbs) to help me get all my protein. We'll see how this goes.
Friday, August 16, 2013
I have had three days this week where I went over my daily calorie budget. Not the best of weeks. But instead of focusing on what I did wrong this week, let's visit a better subject.
Here's what I did well this week:
--Went back to zumba to test the water with my back. Success!
--Ran a couple of times at the gym
--Stayed focused on my goal, even if my eating doesn't exactly reflect that.
My week is over tomorrow, so "onward and upward", right?
Sunday, August 11, 2013
My boyfriend and I have been fighting the last couple of days, and it takes its toll on my emotions. So I had been craving chocolate donuts for the last few days and after some crying this morning I went and got some. The thing is, I can never just eat one or two, so I had tried to let the craving pass; but I ended up eating like 10. That was followed up with Taco Bell for lunch. I think I'm over it now, but I did some damage. And, like a lot of other people with emotional eating issues, I can never figure out why I do it. All I know is that I get upset or especially sad, then I make bad food choices. I know that exercise is supposed to make you feel better when you're down, so I try that cure sometimes, but it doesn't always last and until the issue gets resolved, then I still feel unhappy and "good" choices with food aren't so certain...
Monday, August 05, 2013
So the physical therapist recommended I take up yoga today to aid my back recovery. He had already cleared me to run, so I started running again a few weeks ago. But YOGA? Ick.
Here is a list of reasons why yoga has never been my exercise of choice:
1. Smug yoga disciples (I read someone else on the message boards didn't like these peeps either.)
2. The instructor "correcting" me by moving me even if I don't actually bend that way, yet.
3. The constant "constructive criticisms" by the instructors. Here's the thing--I thought this was supposed to be relaxing, how can I relax if I am verbally chastised every time I move?!?
4. Feet are gross, and I can only tolerate my own.
5. Most of the yoga classes at my gym are not that beginner friendly if they expect you to already be able to perform a pose just by calling its name. Also, can't we use some version of English for these poses?
I'm sure I can come up some more if I sit and think about it, but these seem to be plenty of reasons for me NOT to enjoy yoga. So I'll depend on Netflix for my yoga instruction for now and see how that goes. I also had them send me a Pilates video, so here goes nothin'!
Sunday, August 04, 2013
Down 4 lbs! Woot, woot! So all that calorie counting and tracking did pay off after all. I think the best way to celebrate Week 1 success is go ahead and set goals for Week 2 since it starts today.
1. Continue to track everything.
2. Get all the water in this week. I got close last week.
3. Stock up on healthy food today, so that I am prepared for the coming week.
4. Get in more fitness minutes this week.
5. Try to get in all the fruits and vegetables.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MESHEAMN Posts