Tuesday, October 12, 2010
This comes from an article that one of my Pixie friends shared with me.
Vice Busting with Julia Havey
by Julia Havey, Diet.com Coach & Motivator Subscribe 50 Top SECRETS OF THE FITTEST!posted @8:00am ET on October 11, 2010
Send to a friend
Save as Favorite
Print this post
Here are the top secrets of the fittest, but before you read it, check out this awesome video. My son is the one playing the guitar, would LOVE your opinion. Thanks!! Julia
Secrets of the Fittest...can you keep a secret. Better yet, can you use these secrets to change your life and your body for the better?! If you did nothing else than incorporate these secrets into your daily life, over a year’s time, they would amount to substantial change.
Here is what a fit person does:
1. Always has a water bottle and drinks from it often...water is the drink of choice, not soft drinks.
2. Looks at exercise as a pleasure and privilege not a burden or chore.
3. Thinks twice before deciding what to eat and why...making sure that it is healthy and will give their body good nutrition.
4. Measures intake based on their activity, not how they "feel", need mandates intake, not mood.
5. Takes action to solve problems when things get emotional, instead of turning to food as a cure.
6. Starts the day with a well balanced meal.
7. Starts each day with positive input - from material that's listened to or read, helping them to remain positive throughout the day.
8. Drink a minimum amount of caffeine - only in the form of coffee or tea.
9. Has long term goals and a plan of how to achieve them, leaves nothing to chance.
10. Focuses on short-term goals with emphasis on completing daily actions.
11. Lives with a purpose - wakes up each day knowing what they are working toward something greater than can be accomplished in a lifetime.
12. Has a daily planner with the day's actions written down in order to keep track of what needs to be done, what has been done, and what was not accomplished.
13. Reviews each day at the end of the day to set tomorrow's actions and
14. Always makes time for relaxing and rewards at scheduled times.
15. Never leads an unhealthy lifestyle when on vacation, they take optimal health with them everywhere they go.
16. Sees health as a privilege, not something to take for granted.
17. Likes to contribute to the health of others by having a partner or friends to exercise with, as well as recruiting others who desire to get fit.
18. Learns new ways and new techniques for exercising.
19. Avoids monotony by taking up new forms of exercising.
20. Subscribes to health magazines to keep focused on a healthy way of life.
21. Invests in workout clothes, good tennis shoes, and other apparel.
22. Never takes their health for granted by taking a day off from a healthy life—unhealthy food doesn’t suddenly become healthier because it’s an “off day”.
23. Knows when too much of a good thing is no longer a good thing.
24. Keeps a sharp mind and a positive ...attitude with educational and motivational material rather than wasting energy on negative or counterproductive things.
25. Takes time to count the many blessings that are present in life each day.
26. Realizes that life and all things natural is a gift and should be taken care of and preserved for the health of all.
27. Brushes off criticism, and doesn't dwell on negative comments from others.
28. Attempts to bring calm and reasoning to a hostile or chaotic situation.
29. Responds to a challenge, not reacting to what difficulties may be present.
30. Knows that there is so much that is not known.
31. Understands that time is limited here on Earth .
32. Learns to live without regrets, and that life is the experiences that we choose.
33. Takes daily vitamin and mineral supplements that support a healthy balance. And makes sure that they have adequate fiber sources in their diet for healthy human function.
34. Values organization so as not to have "clutter" in their life.
35. Values good hygiene inside - the mind and organs and muscles - as well as on the outside - skin, hair, and nails.
36. Seeks natural methods of health care - massage, chiropractic, naturopathic in addition to medical care.
37. Taking exercise to new levels.
38. Create a schedule for ultimate health and fitness.
39. Move beyond the boundaries of weight loss and into fitness.
40. Strive to reach their dreams every day.
41. Live each day to its fullest.
42. Do not get into "wacky" diets and eating plans.
43. Lives a balanced life - exercise, work, family, and GOD.
44. Gets adequate amounts of sleep.
45. Avoid medications and drugs of all sort unless absolutely necessary.
46. Limits alcohol intake only for special occasions.
47. Does what other the average person doesn't want to do.
48. Exercises discipline by following a daily regimen.
49. Takes a vacation by doing activities - jet skiing, snow skiing, mountain biking, hiking in the outback, going to a getaway spa..
50. Knows that life is fulfilling with optimal health in the mind, spirit and body!
Are any of these qualities present in your life today? As you read them, did they seem too unrealistic to ever be part of your life? Trust me, in time they not only can be, they should be part of your life! When I was 300 pounds, NONE of these qualities where present in my life and I would never have believed that they could be. 15 years later (and older!) and 150 pounds lighter, I can assure you that each and every one of these traits are part of my life today, in fact, I am sure that is why I feel so much better pushing 50 than I did at age 30! Make it fun and see how quickly you can begin to add each of these to your life…after all, what do you have to lose?!
ShareThis Previous 1 | 2
Next Post » NEVER Fall 'Off' Your Diet Again! See All JuliaHavey's Posts
Comments (2) | Send this to a friend | Save | Print
ollieseh @ 8:23am ET on October 3, 2010
Love this list! I have printed it off and am posting it!! Its a great reminder!
RachintheSW @ 11:22am ET on October 11, 2010
Very inspirational list. Love it! I am going to print it out and review it everyday to help me keep focus to what is important in my life! Thank you! Post a Comment
Web | Diet.com
Diet Recipes | Weight Loss Challenge | Tips | Diet Reviews | Dr. Kushner | Terms | Privacy | Help
Corporate Wellness Program | Newsroom | Affiliates | Advertise with Us | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 2004 - 2010 Diet Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Acai Berry EXPOSEDAcai Berry EXPOSEDWarning: Health Reporter Discovers the Shocking Truth!