Wednesday, March 21, 2007
I had a huge wakeup call this past Sunday, when I stepped on the scale and realized I weighed 28 pounds more than I realized. YIKES!
I joined SP in February, and I have known I need to lose weight for a long time, but this really just gave me the swift kick in the a** I needed. I plan to keep this blog of my progress public so I can hold myself accountable to not only myself but all of you SPers! I need to truly start making some changes.
I thought I would start by listing my major motivators. They include the following:
- Feel healthier, of course, and be in better shape
- Be able to go shopping and find that the clothes I like fit again.
- Not being embarrassed to see old friends or people I have not seen in a while.
- Lose at least 30 pounds= go to Israel. I've always wanted to visit there.
- As a matter of fact, be able to wear a bikini in Israel ...lol!
Positive steps so far:
-I have been tracking my food in the nutrition tracker so that I truly know how many calories, etc. I am consuming.
- I stopped going out to lunch and bring something healthy to work -- usually lean cuisine frozen meals, fruit and fat-free puddings.
- Taling the stairs more.
-Visiting this site for great articles, support and tips. Also getting the SP
-Reading as many positive success stories here and in Shape mag. for motivation.
- Eating more fruits and veggies and cutting down on portion sizes.
- Still not going to the gym as much as I should. But I did go twice already this week!
- Eating ice cream after dinner (smaller portion) -- bad habit!
- Sometimes it's too tempting to order something (not too healthy) for dinner, as my husband and I often get home late from work.
So there you have it. I will post my progress regularly -- at the very least, once a week! WIish me luck, and feel free to light a spark to keep me in gear.