Tuesday, October 09, 2012
This past week-10 days has been crazy in the Davis house! My oldest DD is playing volleyball and had games on Monday and then a tournament on Wednesday (it was nearly 5 hours long!). Her team took the championship for the second year! I am so proud of her and the team! She also turned 13 on Thursday...my baby is growing up! She is turning into a beautiful, smart, and talented young lady.
Our little dachshund hurt his back Thursday night and by Friday morning he couldn't walk at all. My DH and I were planning to go out of town, but before we could leave we had to take him to the vet. There are only a few options for him and surgery is $2600. I love him very much, but I cannot pay that to fix his back and then it not even work. So, we opted for the steroids, pain meds, and cage rest for 6 weeks. He received a steroid shot in his back and started the pain med and prednisone Friday at the vet. We had my MIL watch him Friday evening and check in Saturday morning. She called us in the morning and said he was standing to use the bathroom, but still very weak. Still it was an answer to a lot of prayers! ByMonday night he was walking and even trying to trot around when we took him out. He still on strict cage rest and has to be carried outside to use the bathroom and kept on a leash so he won't try to do more than he should. However, we are vary thankful for the answered prayers and the healing he has received!
Friday night my DH and I went to Salina to watch Kansas in concert. It was an amazing show! We had a great time out for his birthday! Saturday we met up with some family and the girls all did a Monster Spider Jump ( I will have to download some pics) and they had a blast! Then dinner for my DD's birthday. Sunday we had a big lunch, cake, and ice cream at our house for my DD, DH, and my mom. My DH and my mom both had their birthday on the 7th. What a celebration! I am so blessed with the family I have been given!
Monday brought a day of the stomach bug and now I am getting back to normal and ready to start my work week!
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
I have been a little off my normal path for awhile, but I am slowly making my way back! I must say it feels great to get back to a schedule and routine finally! I have plenty of things that have held me back in the past, but I will only list a few here.
1. WORK! This doesn't hold me back so much as it puts up obstacles in my path! I work 2 jobs and at times they are stressful, but it is really just the fact that I work 12 hour shifts and that doesn't leave much time to figure in exercise! I am changing that slowly and making myself accountable!
2. SLEEP! Big issue for a lot of the same reasons listed above. Working on this too!
Now, for the tougher issues...
3. I find myself out of control at times and I binge when there is no need for it. We are not starving, we have plenty to eat, and nobody is telling me I can't have anything. I just sometimes feel like I have to sneak to a fast food restaurant and eat whatever I can and then hide the evidence! This cannot continue! From this day forward, I am going to hold myself accountable for my binging! If I stop for some take out, I will ask myself before ordering..."Would you be ashamed to tell your family what you just ate?" "Would you post this on your Titans page?". Then if I go ahead and do it, I will not hide the wrappers. I will come straight home and tell my family what I had to eat and then I will post or blog about it! I am going to end this habit once and for all!
4. ME, myself, and I! I am my worst and best friend! I can convince myself that I am never going to reach my goals and what does it matter anyway? This is STINKIN' THINKIN'!!!! I am not doing this anymore! I will try to blog or post for support when I am getting down and out. There is no way I will reach my goals if I don't believe in them and myself!
5. I'll do better tomorrow...I'm sure nobody has ever heard this before! Procrastination is an enemy and there is no time like today! Right now works! If I have time to make excuses I have time to do whatever I am putting off until tomorrow! Plan for disasters and it will be great when there isn't any!
So, I guess I am my biggest thing holding me back! I am going to do a lot to work on this during this challenge! When i don't think there is time for exercise, I will do 10 minutes and see how it goes! Most likely it will turn into 30 minutes! I have set a bedtime for myself and the phone or Kindle is not to be turned on after 9:00 am. I will set my alarm for 3:30 pm and this should help with my sleep issues!
With this plan put out there and my weaknesses no longer hidden, I say to my fellow Biggest Losers...Let's Kick This Weight To The CURB!
Monday, September 03, 2012
I have struggled some over the summer and I have done some soul searching to figure out exactly what it is I want to accomplish. I had been so focused on reaching 150 pounds tha I hadn't even looked beyond that! This journey is so much bigger than that number on the scale. So, I am setting my sights a little higher, broader, and more well-rounded. I am not only working toward my goal weight, but I have now decided to treat mysel really big in December if...when my goals are met!
Goals and Rewards:
Weight 150 or less and I will treat myself to a massage!
Weight 145 or less and loss of 3-5 inches in my abdomen and I will buy myself a new "little black dress" for our Christmas party. Okay, it may not be too little since it will be cold here, but I am going to buy something to flatter my new figure and knock my husband's socks off!
Now, I am feeling like I have something to work for! I can do this and I can't wait to go on that shopping trip!
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
I have managed to post on my team page and track all food for today as well as diner tonight! My workout included 20 minutes of Turbo Jam and 44 minutes of Walk at Home DVD. I will be walking down to get the girls from school here shortly and that is about 2 miles round trip! Water consumption is on track with 5.5 cups down! Slept 10 hours last night and have been cleaning house and doing laundry today!
Overall: a pretty great sparkday!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MDAVISRN Posts