Thursday, August 12, 2010
This was the brain child of my fellow Sparker KTNICHOLS13...and I thought it would be fun to do the same and share a day in my journey....
Lenders bagel bite, Weight Watchers cream cheese spread, tomato wedges, hard boiled egg whites and coffee with non-fat milk
Tall Light Carmel Frappuccino (I wished afterwards I had not gotten the whipped cream, as it added 80 calories to something that was only 90 calories to being with!!!)
Salad bar from AJ's Fine Foods - lettuce, spinach, black olives, grape tomatoes, onions, chicken breast, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinaigrette dressing and ice tea with lemon
Celery and cucumbers
Grilled egg plant and zucchini (with just 1 tbsp of canola oil), grilled polenta with marinara sauce and parm cheese and a glass chardonnay (6 0z only)
Water Drank: 74 oz.
Exercise: 52 minutes on treadmill and 15 minutes on elliptical machine for a total off 500 calories burned
Total Calories: 1542
Total Fat: 60 (over by 4 grams :-( )
Total Carbs: 162
Total Protein: 91
All and all a good day...this was really fun and it really made me think about what I was eating all day!!!
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
I Poached this from KARVY09 and thought it would be fun to share:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:00 am ish
2. How do you like your steak? Rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Sex and the City 2
4. What is your favorite TV show? I love anything that is real crime related, House, Seinfeld, Mystery Diagnosis, Dr. G Medical Examiner and Project Runway
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I need to visit NYC to make my final decision, but either San Diego, NYC or DC
6. What did you have for breakfast? Banana and coffee
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian
8. What foods do you dislike? Nothing really..but BBQ does not like me
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Anywhere with a glass of wine and a water view
10. Favorite dressing? Blue Cheese
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Chevy Tracker
12. What are your favorite clothes? Pajamas
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Paris
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full always!!!
15. Where would you want to retire? Paris
16. Favorite time of day? Morning
17. Where were you born? Southfield, MI
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football
19. How many siblings? one
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Watching television and doing crossword puzzles
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Oh I don't know
22. Bird watcher? I think birds are facinating...
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning, most definitely.
24. Do you have any pets? two cats; Bailey and Mookey
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? About to start back to school...only 18 credits left to finish my AA degree...then I will be ready to start my upper division
26. What did you want to be when you were little? So many things but for a long time a professional dancer..I studied ballet for 15 years
27. What is your best childhood memory? Christmas
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Both - but I have cats because they are easy to take care off...I can barely take care of myself!!
29. Are you married? nope
30. Always wear your seat belt? Oh yes.
31. Been in a car accident? yes - t-boned and fractured my pelvis
32. Any pet peeves? intolerence
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? I don't really like pizza
34. Favorite Flower? Hydrengas
35. Favorite ice cream? any ice cream...but chocolate peanut is my favorite
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Chipotle
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None! Only because I cried at the end because the tester said he was had to fail me because of the way I pulled into the parking spot when we were finished!!
38. From whom did you get your last email? a political organization
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Target all the way
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? No, but that is ok
41. Like your job? Not really, but that is why I am going to school
42. Broccoli? Yes
43. What was your favorite vacation? my son's 21st birthday in Las Vegas
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My friend's Andrea and Brittney
45. What are you listening to right now? I Wear my Sunglasses at Night on the radio
46. What is your favorite color? Blue
47. How many tattoos do you have? I have four, all on my ankles....
48. How many people will fill this out? no sure...
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 1:25pm
50. Coffee Drinker? Oh yes. I had to cut down to 3 a day from like 6 to 7...tummy troubles
Thursday, July 08, 2010
I have to admit that for the last 3 weeks I have been having a really hard time staying within my calorie range. I have not been going over to much during the week, maybe 50 or 100 calories, but on the weekends I have been going over maybe 200 to 400 calories. I keep telling myself it does not seem like much, and you are exercising more then you were, so it should even out right?!!!?? But as I type these words I realize I am just making excuses! I need to stop it right now!!! I want to be at goal in 2 months....what is my problem??? Well, my problem is, I am letting that voice in my head (I call him Steve) get the best of me....you know you have heard it before...taunting you...go ahead just have that extra piece of mozzarella cheese, it is only 50 calories...but unfortunately 50 calories will keep adding up, and I need Steve to shut up!!!! So, what do I need to do to shake this off....Well, first I have got to stop listening to Steve but I also have to take some additional steps of accountability here and set a few goals to keep myself and Steve in check:
1. Stay within in my calorie range until 9/15/10 no excuses, no backing down
2. Hang up my skinny jeans and a little black dress in my living room to remind me of my goal
3. Enter all my calories in my tracker before I leave work so I know exactly what I can eat when I get home from work (when Steve is the worst!!)
4. When I want to mindlessly eat get up and do something else (clean, read, do a crossword anything else that does not involve eating)
5. Have more veggie related snacks available when you do want to mindlessly eat and eat them!!
I have been at this fork before...but I am bound and determined to take the path I have not traveled before...So here we gooooooooooooo!!!
Thursday, July 01, 2010
I have read quite a few blogs on reflections today...and I thought I would add my two sense!!
I have struggled with my weight, what seems like my entire life. When I was a teenager I had eating disorder problems and when I reached adulthood my eating became my friend, my comfort and my enemy. About ten years ago I joined Weight Watchers and lost about 50 pounds...and during the years that followed up until now I have gained it back and lost it probably 3 maybe 4 times (I have lost count). So at the end of 2009 I said to myself, "Self, enough is enough, it is time to tackle the reason why you can't keep the weight off." I finally decided to face the fact that my weight issues were bigger then just weight. I started 2010 with a list of goals, and the number one goal on the list was to see one of them through to the end! This is important because I feel like losing the weight and regaining it, is not really seeing it through to the end.
As I reflect on my goals at this mid way point in the y ear, it makes sense to talk about a goal that we all can relate to, and it was my goal not just of losing the weight but the goal to Eat to Live, Not Live to Eat. See, I have DIETED for what seems to be my whole life, but through trial and error I am finally realizing that the dieting is not working, that is was truly time for me to make a lifestyle change. That change can only start with truly recognizing the profound emotional connection I have with food, and how I needed to break the connection...
A glimpse into what I am calling my evo-e-lation came yesterday after a particularly trying day at the office. The evo part came when the first place my mind went to when I was frustrated was to grab shovel, insert food, what ever it is, get me to the refrigerator stat!! ...The e-lation part came when I stopped and asked myself, "Self, what is food going to do...it is not going to take away your frustration back away from the shovel....I was elated!!! I truly felt a moment of evolution from past to present. Later in the evening I went out to dinner with a friend, and I wanted to order the tower of onion ring appetizer, I wanted the chicken sandwich loaded with guacamole, I thought, it can't hurt can it, just this once..No maybe not...but in the grander scheme of things, it hurts my long range goal...which is to break the connection, change my lifestyle....I ordered the grilled chicken salad. Not only was I satisfied with the meal, I was even more satisfied with myself...
My evolution has only just started, as I know I can lose the weight, I have done it before, the real test for me will be to keep it off...that is the place that I hope I will fully evo-e-late too...
As Randy Jackson says on American Idol, I am in it to win it!!!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
As I was anticipating the pending doom I always feel before I weigh in I could not help but wonder why those numbers on the scale have such a hold on me. So, I asked myself the other day, I am more then a number right?
I know I am here is to lose weight, and in order to lose weight I have to get on the scale and hope that there is a deficit rather then a surplus in those numbers that appear. It sounds pretty simple right, but for me, the number on the scale has always represented some sort of membership into a secret club, like once I reach that magic number there will be a parade or something. I will finally fit in. But the truth of the matter is, there is no magic number, or parade or secret club because no matter what that number is, I have to accept and believe in myself.
To that end, this journey for me is more then just the number on the scale it is a journey to gain self-confidence. So the answer to my questions is, YES, I am more then that number on the scale....and when I forget that then I can come here to find the strength we can gain from numbers...the number of people here who know exactly what I am talking about and let me share in what they are feeling and let me share my feelings. What a blessing....
So today instead of being a number, I am just being me! Won't you join me..........
Get An Email Alert Each Time MANLEYSANDY Posts