Tuesday, July 24, 2012
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, my grandmother Fleurette (now that you know, please make every effort to forget it!)
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I honnestly cannot remember (crying at the movies doesn't count!), but I'm pretty sure I cried when I found out my middle name was Fleurette...
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Absolutely, but then, I took calligraphy lessons, so...
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
None, I'm a vegetarian
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Hell, yes! I'm so much fun!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOL?
Indeed I do!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Nope, got them removed when I was 14
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not unless my life were at stake.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes I do now
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
Red AND pink
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My Dad who was a true people-magnet
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Who the hell is Paul McKenna?
19. ANY TATTOOS?
No, I have enough beauty marks as it is... LOL!
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I'm not wearing any shoes right now
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A protein bar I made myself
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The hum of my laptop cooler
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach House AND Mountain Hideway
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
Dark green (yep, I have Irish blood)
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes, glasses and karate don't mix very well
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Now, where do I begin? I LOVE food, thus my presence here at SparkPeople. LOL!
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings (I am a real sucker for those!)
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Pink. Funny, the stronger I get, the more I wear pink.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Both Please and don't be shy!
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Now, where do I begin? I LOVE dessert, thus my presence here at SparkPeople. LOL!
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Strength training but I will up the cardio when my toe is healed (that was my plan before I got sidetracked)
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
TV, I spend my days working on a computer...
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Thrive, by Brendan Brazier
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
What mouse pad?
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The sound of the waves hidding the sand pebbles on a starry night, while I'm making S'mores on the campfire... Man, I'm so due for a vacation!!!
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles. Big time (I love them, yeah, yeah, yeah!).
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Technically, Vancouver B.C.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I am a woman of many talents... All right: I can pick up stuff lying on the floor without using my hands (now you know why I go barefoot). LOL!
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Rimouski, Quebec, Canada
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
White (which is the worst color ever: it's always dirty!)
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
It was an absolute torture. Not!
Friday, July 06, 2012
I went back to the gym last night and tried my hand at the fitness circuit. Only one week after breaking my toe. Would you believe it? It went really well. I only had to modify two stations where I had to do push-ups on one foot. Turns out it's more difficult than the regular two-footed version (good to know!). I did the whole circuit three times! There are still things I can't do (namely running and jumping), but my physio (who happens to train at the same gym) told me she'd never seen someone heal so fast. At this rate, I might be able to resume karate by the end of next week and jogging in a couple of weeks. There's a lot to be said for good nutrition, because last time I broke a pinkie toe (it's my third time!), it took longer than that. So, all in all, I'd say I'm doing fairly well, and I won't even miss a beat... Plus I rediscovered a love for swimming... So maybe this was a blessing in disguise...
Friday, June 29, 2012
You know, when things are going smoothly? Training's good, you eat well, feel fine and, lo and behold, you are starting to see some muscle definition. Yeah! You even add jogging and realise you really like it. Smooth sailing from this point on? Well... of course not! Who ever said it would be easy?
Long story short: I broke my pinky toe during my karate class last night. I finished the class, but the pain was excruciating. Well today, the toe is black, blue and really swollen and it hurts like hell! I've got it taped to the next toe to prevent movement, and I'm supposed to keep it that way for a couple of weeks. No more jogging for a month or so. No karate until I can do weight bearing exercises, same thing for the fitness class. Bummer! So.... pilates, here I come!!!
Monday, May 07, 2012
Last week I had a karate competition. I was psyched, I wanted to show my stuff. I felt ready (in spite of a torn muscle that still gives me trouble: bye-bye flexibility!).
Anyway, long story short, I finished fourth. I made a mental error (meaning I completely lost focus and forgot my &%?$& kata, right in the middle of it!). So I had to improvise... Not exactly the performance I was hoping for and I should have been pretty upset, right?
WRONG!!! The simple fact that I was there, the only girl on the tatami (all the other competitors were men), was a victory in itself. And I hadn't entered a competition in over 25 years. 25 years! But most of all: according to my doctors, I should be walking with a cane if at all due to a severe injury I sustained a while ago.
So yeah, fourth is pretty cool, and I've got the tiny trophy to prove it (they gave prizes until 5th place).
There will be other competitions, and I will be there again, and one day, I'll walk away with the big trophy. In the meantime, I'll keep on walking, running, kicking and dancing, and that to me, is priceless.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MANIKLODE Posts