Thursday, June 06, 2013
I've been flopping basically all the time so I thought that I ought to lay out exactly why I am here. Why I am doing this.
- Because I feel better when I am healthy. My head is clearer, I feel fresher, I am more productive, I am less grumpy. I am just a better version of me.
- My skin is clearer when I eat better.
- The feeling when I manage things I couldn't use to do. The feeling when I finish a run or a set of reps. The feeling when I can run faster or further than someone else.
- I am sick of being judged for my terrible eating habits. I am better than that and people should know it. :D
- I really don't want anyone else to ask me if I'm pregnant. I've had quite enough of that, thank you.
- My dad has a lot of problems with his knees and my mum's family have a lot of health problems. Better to get into healthy habits now than to face the consequences later.
- I am sick of looking at other women and thinking, god, if only I looked like her. It's not fair on me or them!
- Because I am 19 and I don't feel comfortable in clothes for people my age. I don't want to wear a bikini this summer, I don't like the way I look in tight clothes or short dresses.
- Because I'd really like my boobs to shrink!!
- Because the lessons I learn here are very important to the rest of my life.
- Because I will study better and work better if I am healthy.
- Because I'd want to be able to survive if I fell into a fantasy novel.
- Because I hate being sick.
But mostly, because I am not happy with where I am now.
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
So, this isn't really a blog. It's me saying that I've gone completely awol today (just kind of broke yesterday and couldn't deal).
But I figured coming on here and writing two sentences was better than stopping everything completely.
I'll do better tomorrow, promise!!
Tuesday, June 04, 2013
Foot still no better but I did manage to eat healthily today so that's a step in the right direction!
Anyway, I've mentioned a couple of times that my mother and I are both going to do Cassie Ho's (Blogilates) june calendar this month. And honestly, I'm so pleased. I've actually looked at a couple of her previous calendars but I always wimped out thinking "oh, who has time for that" and so on. And that is not fair to myself! Because I do have time and I deserve to be challenged.
So I am really pleased that we're doing this. For several reasons!
- Because I'm doing it with my mum, there's that extra pressure to make myself do it and also extra support for when I don't want to. I work much better with her than on my own.
- I feel like this will actually challenge me and force me out of my comfort zone as it's pretty different to what I normally do.
- This is really going to kick start a strength routine for me, which is something I've really been slacking on lately. I don't know why, because I know how important it is. I always feel so proud of myself when I get stronger so I really ought to push myself more.
- It's going to kill me. I did day 1 on Sunday (abs and arms) and my shoulder blades (I KNOW! Weird, right?) actually ache today (In a healthy way, not an injured way). And I love that feeling. It makes me feel strong and powerful and I know I am going to feel like that basically all month! So happy!
- Because the exercises are all set out for me, there's no fuss. I just do what I'm told and that'll really take a load off.
- It's going to work for me, despite the fact that I've hurt my foot.
So all in all, I'm a happy bunny. And I do think that that is almost solely down to the fact that it's a new, exciting challenge. It's challenges that show you how much stronger you are and that's an amazing feeling.
What's your current challenge? Health related, mental or other!
Monday, June 03, 2013
So I went for my run this morning... and had to stop after 15 minutes. I've done something to my right foot and it's really painful to walk, let alone to run. So, over the next few days, I probably won't be doing either. I can still exercise - standing is fine - so I will continue with the blogilates videos and I'll try to do some yoga. But running is really not happening.
This is really damn annoying. I had just kind of got to the point where I actually liked running and looked forward to running and bam! No!
But! I am going to be positive and I think in some ways, this could be good for me. I have a tendency to throw myself into cardio and let healthy eating go as well as strength, even those are probably more important for me - or at any rate, more important to deal with now. So, I am going to take this as a sign.
So, over the next week I am going to really focus on eating healthily and stretching! I am (even more) aware that actually, if I could stop eating when I am bored, I would have a pretty healthy diet. And this is very useful because I do have a lot of things I need to be doing. So hopefully, in my blogs, I will be able to tell you some of the stuff that I have accomplished (and in doing so, avoided eating too much junk!).
That's the plan anyway!
Hope you're having a good day!
Sunday, June 02, 2013
Well today has been a pretty pathetic day food wise.
But I have a plan for tomorrow! I am going to wake up at 8am (I hope...) and eat some cereal and a pear. Then while that digests, I'm going to clean the bathroom and sweep the floors. Then I'll do some stretching (maybe some yoga) and then go for another run. I come home, scarf down pasta, broccoli and prawns. Then shower and off to work for three classes (and my awesome colleague is working so we'll have fun). Then quickly to the shops to buy some bug repellent! (I am being eaten alive...) Then in the evening I'll eat the rest of my roast dinner, make some salad for Tuesday and mop the floors. I also plan to start looking at places to work next year. So a pretty good day all in all! (Sorry - boring for you - but I needed to get it straight in my head!)
However! I am being optimistic and looking for positives! So here they are before I go to sleeeep!
- This month is going to be really light work wise.
- I am going to be home in a month! I will have loads of time, I have really exciting plans and I am going to be able to see everyone again. And then it's on to university which I'm sort of really excited about.
- I am going to start applying for jobs (starting in September) this week. Hopefully, if I tell you this, I'll actually do it.
- I am going to clean the flat tomorrow! I hate mopping the floors but I kind of like cleaning the bathroom... weird, I know.
- My mum and I are going to do the Blogilates June calendar. I love Cassey Ho. I'm pretty sure she's trying to kill me but it works and I can feeeel the burn. I can't even do her beginner stuff so I know it's good for me. And it'll definitely make me progress fast.
- I ran 8km today. It took me forever and I had to walk a couple of times but I wouldn't say it was intervals.
- I'm feeling much better about myself today - probably all the sunshine!
- I have marked all my tests! Wooo! I thought I was going to procrastinate on that forever so I'm pretty proud of myself.
Haha, that's all I can think of for now! Mainly I'm just excited about all the extra time I'll have.
How about you? What are the positive things in your life at the moment? Please tell me - I love hearing about stuff like this.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MAMAPATA1 Posts