Wednesday, January 02, 2013
New Year’s Day ~ the time when every one sets out to make those New Years resolutions, ya know the ones that we tend to lose sight of by February 1st? I chose, and encourage my clients, to establish goals rather than resolutions. And to make it more about the year with smaller resolutions identified each month.
For the world to see, here are my goals:
* Be a good wife & make sure he feels loved, respected & feels like a priority every day
* Be a good mother & make sure each child feels loved, respected & a priority in my life every day
* Make time to send an email or phone call to my extended family frequently.
* Plan my day & work on good time management, allocating energy to all areas that day
* No procrastination
* Stay on top of paperwork & weekly/monthly progress reports
* Clean off my desk at the end of every day and plan next day’s to do list
* Establish work hours & stick with it!
* Be proud of myself, my abilities & accomplishments
* Journal my activities ~ spiritual, mental & physical
* Positive affirmations every day
* Keep in frequent contact with my friends
* Read a book every month
* Pray daily
* Work on my relationship with God, keeping my life open to Him & what He wants for my life
* Work out 6 days a week
* Plan my workouts on Sunday for the week
* Plan my meals on Sunday for the week
* Track my meals each day
* Eat clean everyday with one cheat meal per week
* 100+ grams of protein every day
* Drink 1 gallon of water a day
* 10 unassisted pullups
* 100 pushups non-stop
* 5 minute plank hold
* Veggie intake will be 6-8 servings every day
* Lower carb intake, especially later in the day
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Oh boy my consistency has fallen by the waist side. Not that I'm eating bad or anything, I'm just not being consistent. Adjusting to going back to work full time, managing a house, 3 kids & all their extra activities, a hubby who works at UPS (oh wait I don't have a hubby this month), trying to finish Xmas shopping, start wrapping, etc. my personal training clients, coordinating my boot camp classes to start in January, I'm tired. I have not been getting up an hour early in the morning to exercise. My eating has been ok - not 100% perfect but yet full of protein, veggies, fruit, whole grains.
I *know* what I have to do, but doing it is a whole other thing. It's only been 2 weeks of me back to work and I know it is an adjustment -- hello, let's just jump right to the adjustment OK?
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Week 1 went great. I have been faithful every day with making good eating choices, getting in exercise & making time for myself! Although I did not log my food intake Thursday - today; so that is a goal for this week coming up - LOG MY FOOD!
I give myself a HUGE pat on my back tonight - I was/am exhausted, coming home from running to a few stores, my eyes were burning, yawning, etc & I said I was going to bed early! I get home and end up putting my running sneakers on & hitting my treadmill for a run. WOW - where did that come from?
Tomorrow I start on a new journey -- after 11 years of being home full time, I have decided to return to the workforce full time. So I have my lunch packed, bringing my sneakers for a walk at lunch time and ready to tackle this new challenge being presented to me! My fitness plan will consist of getting up at 5am, glass of water & hitting my gym (in my basement).
I'm looking forward to a GREAT week 2 -- I know I can do this -- I WANT THIS!!!!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Day 2 of my R*S challenge went great!
* Fitness - got up at 5am and ran a 5K on my treadmill -- seemed every demon was telling me stop but I pushed through it!
* Food - did pretty good at making choices today; although I did have 1 small package of fruit snacks & a cup of hot apple cider -- added sugar from both that I did not need.
* Faith - spent time just sitting - no computer, no phone ~ just a cup of tea & a book. After a bit I stopped and just sat there listening.
Looking forward to Day 3
Get An Email Alert Each Time MAMAOF3KIDDIES Posts