Friday, July 01, 2011
Frank and I finished up a job in Santa Cruz yesterday and got to spend the day over there. It was nice to get away, just the two of us.
The morning started out at Mcdonalds (Egg mcmuffin, no meat) and it was really yummy. Hashbrowns went flying out the window (score 1 for Jan). Then we went down to Capitola
And saw some Pelican's
and some California grown weirdo's
Then we went down the road to Santa Cruz and had lunch on the wharf and it was sooo delicious!
And had a gorgeous view and fantastic service
Then we walked along the wharf
And we saw these sea lions. The big old boy was working hard to get the ladies attention!
And we saw a couple of otters
And this was dinner!
Even with what I ate yesterday, I still stayed within range, drank all my water and walked around a lot! No harm done.
Great way to wind down from the last few weeks and get ready for a busy weekend of friends, family and BBQ. I will have a house full with 16 year old nephew spending weekend, My sister from L. A. coming today with her 20 year old daughter and her boyfriend, various drop ins, Rose stealing adventure tomorrow, BBQ at a friends house on sunday and BBQ at my house on Monday with fireworks etc... I will take pix and I hope you guys have a fabulous long weekend. Remember, this is not an excuse to eat, it is a reason to celebrate! That is different!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
I went to my dr. today for a check up. He wants blood work done etc. and MAYBE I will be getting off metformin for being diabetic! WOOHOOOOO! Will let you know on that one. Anyway, he was telling me good job, I had lost 14 pounds since last time (dec. 2010) and I told him I have lost 70 pounds. He was impressed and went back through my chart when I told him I started at 291. He said, " You are wrong. Your weight was not 291". I said "Um, yes it was. I weighed when I started in March of 2010 and my NEW scale (the one I still use and trust) said 291." He goes, " Um, you actually weighed 304 at one point".
I couldnt beleive it. I dont know if I blocked it out or what. I have gained and lost 20-30 pounds so many times. I guess I had already lost 13 when I began spark! So that would mean I have lost 83 pounds!
Now, this is where I am in a quandry.
I still feel like I need to count the same pounds as I always have. That when I get to 75 or 80 or (hallelujah!) 100, I want it to be legit. Or do I preface it by saying, IN total I have lost 83 but on spark I have lost 70? It confuses and annoys me beause I do not remember going over the 300 mark but there it was in black and white.
I am leaning towards just continuing on with my spark weight as the yardstick and in the back of my head, I can add 13 pounds to it, if I want.
What would you do?
Monday, June 27, 2011
1. I love that you all made me laugh based on my pissy, whiny, baby blog from earlier.
2. I love that you ALL told me to get the roses. I am going to. Then, if I get in trouble, I will name you all as my conspirators!! lol.
3. I love the dinner I made on the new BBQ the girls got Frank for Fathers day. It was good: steak, some pasta, fresh french bread and green beans. Yum.
4. I love to walk with the Baby (ie: Stitchy)
5. I love that the day is almost over and that means the shoes and the bra can come off and my jammies can go on!
6. I love that I have another opportunity for a good night's sleep.
7. I love the dishes are done, the kitchen is clean and I dont have to do squat but watch crap TV the rest of the night.
8. I love that I have this place and I have people who understand.
9. I love air conditioning and my ceiling fan.
10. I love that I get to start over tomorrow. Thank guys, You pulled me through.
Monday, June 27, 2011
In an uncharacteristic whiny rant, I will now list the things that are ticking me off about today. Please keep in mind it is only 11;30 am. (also, please feel free to leave this blog at any time).
1. Got up at 4;30. For no reason.
2. Had to meet a customer so decided I was going to go through Mcdonalds for an egg mcmuffin, no meat. I was looking forward to it since it is soooo rare that I do that! It was cold. I ate half, threw it out the window and then ate the hash browns instead of throwing them out the window!
3. Met with cranky customers (but did get paid).
4. Met with idiot Inspector (but did get permit signed off).
5. Husband called, grilling me about the next job we are on.
While I am driving.
Without having the file.
I could not give him any answers. So he kept asking me. I kept explaining I could not answer and he said, "Oh I know. I just wanted to ask you"...then proceeded to ask me again!
6. I was early so I went by the house I grew up in. We sold it the year before my dad passed away to a great young couple with kids. We pictured them living there and loving it and having wonderful memories like we did. The house is abandoned, overgrown and unloved. My dad's pool, in which he took great pride is now a green algae filled mosquito nest. His roses are dying, what is left of them.
It breaks my heart. I am going to go dig up his roses and bring them to my house. I dont care that it is wrong so dont preach to me.
7.I have a huge stack of mail because when we were gone, the US post office held it then delivered to me on Monday when we got back. Apparantly they found a HUGE pile they had held on to so now 5 of my bills are late. I have to go throught it all and then pay bills. Which I hate.
8. I weighed myself this morning and I am up 5 pounds. 5 pounds!! Really?? That is insane. I know it is not "real" weight and that it will come off but it still pisses me off that I can lose 3 pounds upon return of vacation and gain 5 in 1 day of eating nacho's that I puked up. SO stupid.
9. There are dishes in my sink. I hate that.
10. There is a fly buzzing me. I hate that.
11. Im cranky. I hate that.
I may add to this later as they day goes on. Or I may just get over it. Or not.
Yes, I will drink water, Yes I will watch what I eat for the rest of the day, Yes, I will plan my dinner, Yes I will walk the dog, Yes I will... blah blah blah whatever. All the things I would tell you to do if you wrote this. Yes I will be back to my real self tomorrow but for today? I hate things.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
SO the Celebration of life for Frank's dad was yesterday and it was a great day. Lots of laughs and memories and yea, a few tears but not too bad. Lots of our old friends came. These were the group of guys we knew when Frank was in his teens and have stayed in touch. They were the heavy hitters, baby. The coolest guys I ever knew and they may be grey or a bit heavier, they are still so funny and it was awesome hanging with them and talking for hours.
And here is one with Frank, Kelly, Kady and his mom.
It went great and so many people came. It was a good day and I feel like we can all move on now.
There was lots of food and I think I ate my weight in Nacho's yesterday. I woke up feeling horrible today and within an hour, puked my guys out. Sorry if that is TMI but I am trying to save you from my same fate. A few Nachos= ok. 200 pounds of Nachos: Not so much.
We will go home later today and get back to work and regular life. MY MIL is gonna be fine. She is supported by lots of family up here and we will spend more time with her, too. She is pretty active so she will come and visit us, too. She likes to camp and fish and be with people so I think she is going to do just great.
Have a great sunday and if you are thinking of someone today, dont wait. Give them a call or drop them an email.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MAMADWARF Posts