Thursday, May 12, 2011
3 steps forward, 2 steps back, one step sideways, up, down, start again.
NO, it isn't square dancing. It is this dance called "weight loss". As I bragged on Monday, (first mistake apparantly), I was down 3 pounds. Today (my normal weigh in day) I am up 2. (Note to self: Bragging is unattractive and will bite you in the A$$).
I have been eating within range, drinking all the water, watching the sodium, excercising on schedule, doing my boot camp workouts (went from 4 days a week last week to 7 days this week with 2 extra video's. They are short 6-15 minute videos).
Now my point in telling you this is not for me to whine (cause you know how I feel about THAT!) but just to let you know that sometimes it happens like that. There is nothing absolute in weight loss or we would have all had a handle on it a long time ago). This is today. It is not forever, it is not tomorrow, it will not change my plan, my program or my resolve.
I am not done. I am not even CLOSE to being done. I will just go on with my day, like I always do, and be excited when the scale moves down next week.
I will keep doing the dance, maybe learn some new moves, but I am not sitting it out, I am not discouraged even though I may not like this particular song.
Can we get some Creedence up in here?????
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Fill in the blank.
Life is too short to eat crappy food!!!!
(after reading some of these responses, I WISH there was a like/love button for comments like on facebook!! If I can, I want to address each and every one of you guys cause I LOVE ALL YOUR COMMENTS SO MUCH!If not, please know I read them and it made me feel happy, giggly, wiser and I agree with ALL of you!)
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
We ALL have had hard times. We will again.
We ALL ache, want and need. Sometimes, we dont get what we desire. Sometimes it is good to not get those things.
It is hard for EVERYONE, not just you.
We ALL have excuses, reasons, cop-outs, and interuptions.
We ALL would like to not think about what we eat and lay on the couch. It is easy and it got us where we were when we joined SPARKPEOPLE. It ain't pretty, people.
So what makes you so damn special????
You got up today and made a choice.
You ate a decent breakfast.
You tracked it.
You did your 10 minute video, you went for a walk, a run, a bike ride.
You hit the gym.
You planned dinner for yourself, something that would fit into your range.
You made a fruit salad or had a yogurt for a snack instead of your kids leftover pancakes.
You commented on someone's blog who was having a worse day than you.
You checked out a new recipe and you are actually going to make it.
You weighed yourself, even though you ate "bad things" this weekend. Because you told yourself you would. You put it on your ticker even though it KILLED you to do it.
You fessed up.
You forgave that person.
You forgave your self.
You put those shorts on. They fit.
You are here.
You are trying.
You are doing.
You are succeeding.
This time is different.
You are going to take today and OWN it and by that I mean, when you go to bed tonight, you are going to be proud. You will tell yourself what you wish someone else would say. And it is going to be enough.
And then tomorrow? Tomorrow, you are going to do it again.
Not just anyone can do what we do. It takes a special person. It takes you. It takes me. It takes every minute, every meal, every snack, every day. It ain't easy but it's beautiful.
Monday, May 09, 2011
Thank you, first of all, to those who noticed and commented that yes, I indeed lost 3 lbs since last Thursday! I am so STOKED! I havent lost that much weight in one week since the begnning! How did you do it, you ask? Here ya go.
1. I started the 28 day bikini challenge (think that is what its called, its on my sparkpage and you can start it at anytime). It is 10 minute videos plus cardio for 30 minutes 5 days a week. Uh yeah. super easy. But it is a jump start and I really needed it!!!
2. I have a weekly bet with my new friend (anewtatiana) and it is keeping me motivated. We bet each week to lose 2 pounds. EPIC FAIL on week 1, massive WIN in week 2!
3. I am dead serious about losing the rest of this weight. I mean it.
4. Went to the races Friday night where Nachos and hot dogs were calling my name (not just calling, they were screaming!!). What did I do? I ate my turkey sandwhich and my baked chips and then ate 5 nachos from my friend. 5 nacho's, Not ALL. Then I walked around the track, probably a good mile. (yea me).
5, We went to my in-laws on Friday night, got up and ate my Luna Bar and went to garage sale with my SIL and got adorable chair for vanity for my daughter, Kelly.
Visited with my FIL who is battling cancer. He has surgery today.
6. When everyone started making noises about lunch, we left for Reno where Kady was working and drove through Taco Bell where I got 2 Fresco tacos and drank my water.
7. Went to the River Festival where Kady was and walked around (over a few miles) and walked past (PAST) every fish and chips, corn dog, ice cream and other delicious food vendor and then went to hotel.
8. Had some quality love time with Frank.
9. Went to a fabulous buffet and began with a huge salad and a glass of wine (which lead to 6 or 7 through the course of the evening). I ate modestly, kind of calculating as I went but I still got a small brownie and a lemon mousse... It was delicious.
10. Watched the Pacquio/Mosely fight with a whole bunch of people in the Hotel/Casino and met Kady's bosses and co-workers. (She had so much fun cause she got to gamble and have a few drinks, first time ever in a casino!). She looked adorable and got soooo much attention and it was awesome to see her having fun and looking so healthy!
11. Then we went dancing and had a total blast. I think Kady and I danced about every song for over an hour or more (I switched to water!) and just had a generally great time.
12.Went to bed about midnight, slept well, got up and had a great brunch (scramble eggs with spinach, mushrooms, ground beef etc) , walked around a HUGE sporting store and then ate a luna bar for lunch on the drive home.
12. When I got home, there awaited me an Edible Arrangement of fruit with chocolate sauce for Mother's day from Kady and her boyfriend, Artie. I had fruit with yogurt for dinner.
13. I drank all my water every day.
To summarize, I stayed hydrated, ate well, was mindful of my calories and was active. I got to enjoy some treats and a few glasses of wine and I had a fantastic weekend. It was the perfect storm for happiness and weight loss.
I am posting a link to my facebook so you can see some of the highlights...Thanks for all your support and love people!!
Thursday, May 05, 2011
Today, when my legs were up in the air (hey, I was doing the bootcamp abs excercise! Get your mind out of the gutter, GAH! rofl), I took a look at my legs and was all, "Holy crap, who's legs are these??? I am looking pretty damn good!"
I never look at them from that angle, I always look down at them where the gravity is pulling my skin down like the saggy, baggy elephant. I tend to only notice how swollen my knees are or see the scar running down my left knee from the replacement 5 years ago.
But today? Today, I saw shape, muscle and dare I say, tone? WOOT!
Knee update: It is feeling a bit better and I got my 2.3 miles in last night although at a slower pace but I still did it. I have an ortho appt. next Thursday.
And now for your viewing pleasure, I present to you: MY legs. Please enjoy.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MAMADWARF Posts