Monday, May 09, 2011
Thank you, first of all, to those who noticed and commented that yes, I indeed lost 3 lbs since last Thursday! I am so STOKED! I havent lost that much weight in one week since the begnning! How did you do it, you ask? Here ya go.
1. I started the 28 day bikini challenge (think that is what its called, its on my sparkpage and you can start it at anytime). It is 10 minute videos plus cardio for 30 minutes 5 days a week. Uh yeah. super easy. But it is a jump start and I really needed it!!!
2. I have a weekly bet with my new friend (anewtatiana) and it is keeping me motivated. We bet each week to lose 2 pounds. EPIC FAIL on week 1, massive WIN in week 2!
3. I am dead serious about losing the rest of this weight. I mean it.
4. Went to the races Friday night where Nachos and hot dogs were calling my name (not just calling, they were screaming!!). What did I do? I ate my turkey sandwhich and my baked chips and then ate 5 nachos from my friend. 5 nacho's, Not ALL. Then I walked around the track, probably a good mile. (yea me).
5, We went to my in-laws on Friday night, got up and ate my Luna Bar and went to garage sale with my SIL and got adorable chair for vanity for my daughter, Kelly.
Visited with my FIL who is battling cancer. He has surgery today.
6. When everyone started making noises about lunch, we left for Reno where Kady was working and drove through Taco Bell where I got 2 Fresco tacos and drank my water.
7. Went to the River Festival where Kady was and walked around (over a few miles) and walked past (PAST) every fish and chips, corn dog, ice cream and other delicious food vendor and then went to hotel.
8. Had some quality love time with Frank.
9. Went to a fabulous buffet and began with a huge salad and a glass of wine (which lead to 6 or 7 through the course of the evening). I ate modestly, kind of calculating as I went but I still got a small brownie and a lemon mousse... It was delicious.
10. Watched the Pacquio/Mosely fight with a whole bunch of people in the Hotel/Casino and met Kady's bosses and co-workers. (She had so much fun cause she got to gamble and have a few drinks, first time ever in a casino!). She looked adorable and got soooo much attention and it was awesome to see her having fun and looking so healthy!
11. Then we went dancing and had a total blast. I think Kady and I danced about every song for over an hour or more (I switched to water!) and just had a generally great time.
12.Went to bed about midnight, slept well, got up and had a great brunch (scramble eggs with spinach, mushrooms, ground beef etc) , walked around a HUGE sporting store and then ate a luna bar for lunch on the drive home.
12. When I got home, there awaited me an Edible Arrangement of fruit with chocolate sauce for Mother's day from Kady and her boyfriend, Artie. I had fruit with yogurt for dinner.
13. I drank all my water every day.
To summarize, I stayed hydrated, ate well, was mindful of my calories and was active. I got to enjoy some treats and a few glasses of wine and I had a fantastic weekend. It was the perfect storm for happiness and weight loss.
I am posting a link to my facebook so you can see some of the highlights...Thanks for all your support and love people!!
Thursday, May 05, 2011
Today, when my legs were up in the air (hey, I was doing the bootcamp abs excercise! Get your mind out of the gutter, GAH! rofl), I took a look at my legs and was all, "Holy crap, who's legs are these??? I am looking pretty damn good!"
I never look at them from that angle, I always look down at them where the gravity is pulling my skin down like the saggy, baggy elephant. I tend to only notice how swollen my knees are or see the scar running down my left knee from the replacement 5 years ago.
But today? Today, I saw shape, muscle and dare I say, tone? WOOT!
Knee update: It is feeling a bit better and I got my 2.3 miles in last night although at a slower pace but I still did it. I have an ortho appt. next Thursday.
And now for your viewing pleasure, I present to you: MY legs. Please enjoy.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Literally. I baked some cookies today (yea, frank has to go see his grandma and that means, me making cookies for her) and of course, I ate some. I have had a terrible taste in my mouth since then. It lasted through dinner even.
How crazy is that??? I used to love sugar and until just this minute I thought I still did but now? I am not too sure. I dont like that aftertaste thing going on.
Next subject: I am on day 3 of the 28 day challenge. It is going good but alot of the excercises involve knee stuff that I cannot do so I find myself making things up but it works I guess. Then I have been walking. Since Saturday though, my right knee is killing me! I can barely get through a mile, a slow mile! I came home tonight and put this electronic stimulus thing on it and am hoping it feels better tomorrow. I am also going to go see my orthopedic dr. I would normally let it play out but it is really upsetting me. I almost cried today when I realized how this is slowing me down. I usually walk 2 or more miles a night and now every step is killing me. And I am not a whimp so... yea.
Next, next subject: you are gonna see some blogs about this so let me lay it out. My father in law was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. It is a blood cancer that makes holes in your bones. No bone is unaffected. He is 77 years old and one tough man. Let me spare the details but he has a very painful future ahead of him. It is going to be horrible. There is no cure. All we will be able to do is try to make a few memories before he is paralyzed and bedridden. Totally heartbreaking. He is not an easy man, not someone you would tell sweet things too. But before he goes, I will tell him that he gave me the greatest gift in my life, my wonderful husband and I will always love him and be grateful for that. I am sure he would rather die than have me tell him that but I am going to do it anyway.
So, that is what is happening in my world today.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Jan:Thanks for being here today. I know you are busy and I appreciate you taking the time out for this interview.
Jan: Well, thanks for having me. I am only too happy to be here, talking about myself. It is an important message and I am sure your readers are very excited about it too.
Jan: Now, you have lost over 60 pounds in a bit over a year. Can we talk about that?
Jan: Of course! I am an open book.
Jan: Well, let's get right to it
Q. Are you done losing weight?
A.Uh, no. I am barely over half way.
Q.Are you just gonna stay here and maintain within these same 5 pounds?
A. Uh, no. I am not. MY immediate goal is to lose 2 pounds by sunday based on a challenge from a new friend.
Q. It looks like you are happy where you are. What are you going to DO about it?
A. I am going to track my food like I always do, I will keep walking like I always do but I am going to go a little farther and/or a little faster to keep moving forward.
I am going to add some strength training because I have been lazy about that.
Q. Are you happy with your progress?
A. Yes I am happy with how much I have lost but I am not happy with the slow down. I know I have to kick it up because the things I have been doing for the last 13 months are not enough anymore.
Q. But didn't you know this day would come?
A. Yes I did. But I didnt want to accept that it was here already. I was comfortable, it was fairly effortless and now I have to work harder. I may even have to *gasp* make some sacrifices.
Q. What do you eat?
A. Well, my tracker is open so anyone can go see what I eat on a daily basis. I think I mix it up pretty good but I need to try to hit the lower end of my range a few days a week instead of the higher or middle range so consistantly.
Q. What is your biggest concern right now?
A. The condition of my body. I am flabby and I deserve to look better than that. Summer is coming and while I look alot better than last year, I do not want to be confused with the star of the "Water for Elephant's" movie with my saggy, baggy elephant skin.
Q. Anything else that is giving you a problem?
A. Besides my constant hunger, the inner brat that wants what she wants and the lack of weight loss progress? Besides the fact that I KNOW I cannot bake delicious things (like cookies!)....Other than that, no. I think Im good.
Q. Since you are a "Spark People Motivator", do you have any words of advice for your friends or others who may have stumbled onto this scintillating blog?
A. Yes. Yes, I do.
Face the challenges head on
Don't pretend you don't know what you are doing (when we all know you do)
Don't whine (worth mentioning twice). **Whining does not mean expressing things are hard or trying to work through feelings. Whining is just complaining without resolution so someone will feel sorry for you, so they will do the heavy lifting you should be doing. Nobody has it easy so just get on with it.**
Success comes from consistancy
Don't beat yourself up if you choose to eat something off your plan. Geez, you are human, right?
Sometimes it will be easier than others. For Everyone!
Dont over think it.
Move more than you did yesterday
Dont make it harder than it is or that it has to be.
Ask for help
Write it out
Whatever level of excercise you can do, just do it. It doesn't have to be your preferred method of excercise. Take a walk, dance for 5 minutes, lift you dog over your head, just do something more than you did yesterday.
Plan your meal so you dont get in that trap of just eating whatever is handy. I am making Parmesan Basa fish filets tonight. Pretty excited about that.
Do your best today. Just for today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. Just for today, make good choices, eat within range, get a little excercise, help someone else, write a blog, Like someone else's blog, take your measurements or weigh in, encourage each other.
Jan: Well, thank you for your honesty and for your time today.
Jan: Oh you are so welcome. I enjoyed being here although I do think you were kinda grilling me.
Jan: Just doing my job.
Jan: Don't be pouty. Do you have any final thoughts for our readers?
Jan: Yes I would like to challenge them to find something good today and tell me about it.
Jan: Ok well you heard it here first, folks. Mamadwarf would like you to tell her something good today. Ready? GO!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MAMADWARF Posts