Saturday, February 27, 2010
Well, after my depressing last Blog, I thought I should focus on the positive.
In the past 6 weeks, I've...
~ Started actually logging my food. Ok, I admit it. I've actually learned things. (Yes, Sue-Ellen & Terje, you were right.)
~ Actually just ran for 25 minutes straight for my last day of Week 6 of C25K! 6 weeks ago, I would've laughed in my own face!
~ Can hang for a few seconds on my pull up bar. 6 weeks ago I started P90X and actually know that I'm getting stronger now! I can make it through almost every ab exercise on P90X Ab Ripper. (I can do lots of other things, but those darn pull ups & chin ups are my bugaboo!)
~ Have fallen in love with my teammates on the Extreme team. They could motivate a rock!!! But still keep in contact with my friends from the Orange Blossom team:D (Miss you!)
Yo-landa for encouraging us to blog!
Friday, February 26, 2010
Wow, there's nothing like a day when I couldn't even get up off the sofa without almost blacking out, to remind me that I have MS. Even by the end of the day, my balance was terrible and and couldn't move my head too fast because my eyes couldn't keep up, causing more dizziness.
I'm feeling much better today, but it was a real reminder.
Then my doctor's office called to tell me when to schedule my pre-op testing. I asked her why I needed it. It's because of my "preexisting medical conditions" and age. I asked what conditions and she reminded me how careful you have to be and how closely monitored you have to be when you're on coumadin with surgery. She asked why I was on it and I had to tell her about my DVT (clot) from groin to ankle & PEs (embolisms) in my lungs.
I'm in better condition than I've ever been in my life, but there's nothing like a few wake-up calls to remind you of things you'd much rather not think about... MS, surgery, your age and almost dying.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
An update... Just to stay accountable...
~ Take my MS shot every week
Missed one, but got back on track. This is probably my toughest goal.
~ Run a 5K
Am proud to report that I'm on Week 6 now of C25K. I actually ran for 20 minutes! That's more than a mile!
Not impressive to all you runners, I know. But for a girl who swore she NEVER run, this is HUGE!!!!!!!!! I feel like I broke through a mental barrier more than even a physical one!
And I got fitted today for my very first pair of real running shoes:D (One a side note: WHOA, were the salespeople impressed with my story of going from 228lbs to 143 lbs with just hard work!)
~Strengthen & Tone
Doing P90X or ST every day. Am actually seeing some real progress in strength! And I'm finally getting enough protein in every day. (A shout out to my Extreme Team for "forcing" me to track my food!)
I interviewed to be a Big Sister a few weeks ago. I just heard today that my clearances and 4 references are are back. I have a home visit on Wednesday. It's the last step before being approved to be assigned a Little Sister. (But don't worry TEE, you will always be the first & best little sister. Well, once you outgrew your bratty phase!)
I all of a sudden have this incredible urge to clean the house from top to bottom!
~ Bladder Surgery
This wasn't on my first posted list, but in my heart I knew it had to be. I promised myself that if I got down to my goal weight, I'd actually break down and have the surgery so I would quit peeing myself all the time. Sorry to be so graphic, but it's really that bad now. I took care of TEE when she had it done last year and it didn't really encourage me to jump on that wagon watching her go through it.
And to not be able to really work out for 6 weeks just kills me even thinking about it!!!!!
It's scheduled for April 7th. The first appointment I could make after my first 5K on March 27th.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Yep, here I go again ...
When's the last time you ran? Saturday night.
Do your jeans have rips, tears, and holes in them? No, that's not me.
What are you dreading right now? My upcoming bladder surgery and recovery.
Do you get the full 8 hours of sleep a night? Depends what my meds allow that night.
If anyone came to your house on your "lazy days" what would ya'll do? Pop in a DVD that everyone has seen so we could talk over it:D
Who last grabbed your butt? My hubby just last night:D
Have you ever been on your school's track team? You've got to be kidding me! I felt gym was a punishment for being a kid!
Do you own a pair of Converse? Not since 7th grade. Ugly 70's gold.
Do you eat raw cookie dough? I can't get past the raw egg.
Have you ever kicked a vending machine? Nope. Seems like a waste of time.
How do you eat Oreos? Pull them apart. Eat the plain side first. Then the icing side in very small bites:D
Could you live without a computer? Very doubtful.
Do you wear your shoes in the house? Only when working out.
Who or what sleeps with you? That would be my hubby:-) And once in a while, Clyde, our cat.
At what age did you find out that Santa wasn't real? Must have been very, very young. I questioned absolutely EVERYTHING!
How many phones, house phones and cell phones are in your house? 3 cell phones or 4 when daughter is home from college.
What do you do when you're sad? Watch bad TV while wrapped up in a cozy blanket
Last time you saw your best friend? I can't remember. Much too long ago.
What jewelry are you wearing? 6 rings, earrings and a necklace
Is anyone on your bad side now? Not at the moment
What's the first thing you do when you get online? Check my emails. Then Sparkpeople.
Where do you work? Not currently working.
What are you doing tomorrow? Week 6 Day 1 of C25K
When was the last time you left your house? This afternoon to pick up a script for hubby.
Do you return your cart? 99.8% of the time
Do you have a dishwasher? yes
What noise do you hear? The ticking of the cuckoo clock
Would you survive in prison? Not sure. Hope to never find out!!!
Do you know anyone with the same name as you? Of course, everyone girl born my generation has the middle name of Lynn, Ann, or Marie. I've got 2 of those!
What's the last thing you purchased? A hamburger Happy Meal. I was SOOOOO jonesing a McDonald's hamburger! But I did get the apples instead of the fries:D
What brand are your pants right now? Gloria Vanderbuilt
What irritates you most on the internet? pop-ups
What song best describes your life right now? "Just Older" by Bon Jovi
Do you own expensive perfume/cologne? You've got to be kidding!
Are you taking college classes right now? Nope
Do you like sushi? Won't even try it. EWWWWWW
Do you get your hair cut every month? Nope, I'm far too cheap and my hubby likes long hair:D
Do you go online everyday? Just try and stop me!
Monday, February 08, 2010
I'd think about it, weigh the pros & cons;
If you've are reading this, you have the honor of copying all these goofy questions and writing your own responses! paste these instructions in the body of your blog.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:30am
2. How do you like your steak? Not a big steak eater. If forced, well-done.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? New Moon
4. What is your favorite TV show? So, many. CSI: plain, Big Bang Theory, Cold Case, Fringe, crappy Bravo reality TV, and on & on
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Somewhere with all 4 seasons, but not as hot & cold as here.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Chocolate peanut butter fiber plus bar, vanilla soy milk and a banana
7. What is your favorite cuisine? German
8. What foods do you dislike? All salad stuff besides croutons:D
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Depends on what mood I'm in.
10. Favorite dressing? Light honey mustard for dipping
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Just got a new 2010 black Ford Focus.
12. What are your favorite clothes? I'd wear yoga pants & hoodies every day if I could.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? England
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 empty the first 44 years of my life, 1/2 full for over 1 year now (Thank you Thanksgiving Team!)
15. Where would you want to retire? In my own home.
16. Favorite time of day? Late afternoon or late at night.
17. Where were you born? Philadelphia, PA
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? College football
19. How many siblings? 1 younger sister
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Walking/jogging outdoors, yoga, gardening, reading, Sparking
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Not one in particular.
22. Bird watcher? Watch the birds at my bird feeder while eating breakfast & lunch:-)
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night
24. Do you have any pets? Yes. 4 cats. 2 here with us & 2 at Pitt with our daughter
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I’m training for my first 5K and just applied to be a Big Sister with the Big Brother, Big Sister organization
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A good grandma like my Garmie who raised me:D
27. What is your best childhood memory? Taking day trips with my Garmie:D
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat for sure!
29. Are you married? Yeppers, for 27 years now!
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yep
31. Been in a car accident? Yep, but they’ve never been my fault.
32. Any pet peeves? Lack of Focus!
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Old me: pepperoni New me: veggies
34. Favorite Flower? Roses, definitely roses!
35. Favorite ice cream? Bryers vanilla bean
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? KFC/Taco bell combo
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Once, couldn't parallel park. Still can't:D
38. From whom did you get your last email? SparkPeople
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Truly depends on my mood of the day
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Went and shoveled out our daughter at Pitt right before the Super Bowl started completely spontaneously
41. Like your job? Not working now
42. Broccoli? Just started eating it with a light cheese sauce. This shows GREAT growth in me!
43. What was your favorite vacation? Jamaica for our 10 year Anniversary
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Hubby & daughter
45. What are you listening to right now? Help for Haiti and Glee 1 & 2
46. What is your favorite color? Pink/Red/Wine/Burganday
47. How many tattoos do you have? 1 for now. Next one planned for Spring.
48. How many people will fill this out? Who knows?
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 9:52pm
50. Coffee drinker? YUCK! Green tea with Splenda w/ fiber (drinking some right now!)
Get An Email Alert Each Time LYNNANN43 Posts