Thursday, September 05, 2013
1- 2% Greek Yogurt with Honey
2- Peanut butter on Celery
3- Apple and cheese
4- Yogurt and granola
5 - multigrain crackers with apple slices and cheese
6 - hard boiled egg sprinkled with a dusting of paprika
7 - Cottage cheese and fruit
8 - Apple and peanut butter
9- string cheese and a small handful of almonds
10. 1oz walnuts and 1/4 cup dried berries
11. 1/4 c. hummus and 1 c. baby carrots
12. Raw vegetables and hummus
13- Half of a toasted whole wheat English muffin with 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter Top with 1/4 c sliced banana
14. Whole wheat bread with a drizzle of EVOO and some Italian seasoning
15. Fresh sliced tomato's with herbs sprinkled on top
16. Popcorn topped with a spritz of butter flavored spray, splenda and salt to taste (instant healthy kettle corn)
17. Banana and peanut butter
18. Raw cauliflower/broccoli/baby carrots w/Ranch dressing
19. Sugar free pudding with 1/2 sliced banana topped with sugar free whipped topping
20. Mixture of sunflower and pumpkin seeds - be careful of salt
21. fruit smoothie with yogurt, little milk, fruit like berries or banana and a Tbs. of flaxseeds.
22. 1 cup watermelon and 1 oz of almonds
23. Fruit smoothie (frozen banana, frozen strawberries, frozen pineapple, dollop of greek yogurt, water, blend-YUM!)
24. No sugar added apple sauce and about 1.5 teaspoons of chia seeds
25-44. Ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins) lus 19 more Quick and Healthy Snack Ideas(including pics) here
45. Curried sweet Potato "fries" (1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into long 1/2-by-1/4-inch-thick fries,1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon mild curry powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest, plus a lime wedge for serving.
46. 1/2 c cereal with 1/2 c fat free regular or greek yogurt
47. Make your own flavored yogurt!- 0% plain Greek yogurt plus all natural no sugar added jelly/jam/preserves.
48. Multigrain crackers with melted shredded cheese (nuke for 20 seconds) topped with semi-dried tomatoes
49. 1 oz of pistachios and a peach
50. deviled eggs
53. turkey slices and a cheese slice rolled up
54. Wasa light and crisp cracker with laughing cow cheese wedge
55. Grapes and cheese
56. Tortilla chips and chunky salsa
57. Graham crackers with light cream cheese and sliced red grapes
58. Small salad with light dressing
59. Half of a tuna melt on whole wheat English muffin with cheddar cheese
60. Small bowl of bran flakes with 1% milk and blackberries
61. frozen juice pops
62. figs (love these when I want to chew)
63. half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread
64. kippered snack
65. chunked cantaloupe
66. glass of milk with whey protein powder
68. five olives (good for belly fat)
69. Laughing Cow cheese
70. craving chocolate - just eat a few choc chips
71. Cucumber sandwiches. Make a cucumber boat by slicing the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Then put in some cheese and meat.
72. sugar-free chocolate pudding with fresh peaches and whip cream.
73. Cottage cheese, peaches and splenda to taste whipped in food processor until smooth
74. Butter Milk with a few crackers YUMMY
75. fresh carrot juice
76. raw green, red, and yellow bell peppers (no dressing needed)
78. fruit salad
80. Any sort of protein bar
81. 8 oz of fat free yogurt with 1/2 c Fiber One Cereal mixed in
82. Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie pack with 1 oz baked tortilla chips
83. 2 tangerines and 1 oz almonds
84. 1/2 sandwich with mustard or mayo and vegetable (onion or green pepper)
85. apple with peanut-butter
86. celery or asparagus wrapped in Canadian bacon
87.Edamame – bake in the oven and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning or salt & pepper and EVOO (I use Parmesan oregano or Italian)
88. hot air popped popcorn but instead of using butter use a littel bit of EVOO and then add salt & pepper
89. Whole Wheat Toast with peanut butter
90. 20 peanuts in shell without salt and a piece of fruit
91. 1/2 c edamame
93. Instant Oatmeal
94. 1/2 Cantaloupe
95. 1 Tbsp Peanuts and 2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
96. cookie and milk
97 baked apples with cinnamon
98. Thin sliced lunch meat wrapped around american cheese ( We call them Roller Coasters)
99. Diet Swiss Miss hot chocolate
100. 1/2 of a peach with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt
Thanks, Darlene, NOW I will always have it in a SAFE place, so I can refer back to it!
Monday, August 19, 2013
I am actually struggling with this very thing right now. I am in a stagnate sort of place as far as losing weight is concerned. In fact, last year at this time I was about 10 to 15 lbs lighter according to the scale. However, my clothes have NOT changed sizes, I still fit into the clothes I did last year. My hubby says I still LOOK fabulous, so I am trying NOT to worry about what the scale says, and just to continue to FOCUS on what I know I need to do. Working out and eating right! I will keep on plugging along and I know that eventually that DARN scale will catch up with my efforts! I WILL KEEP PUSHING ON!
Monday, July 22, 2013
The scale and I have NOT been great friends for quite some time! Last year at this time I was a good 15 lbs lighter, however, the strange thing is that there hasn't been much of a change in the way my clothes are fitting. I see in the mirror that I look so much more fit than even last year at this time. My hubby says I look great, but that scale just hasn't changed much. It goes down a pound here and then back up 2, back down 1.5, up a pound, you get the point. There is just NO rhyme or reason. I have been doing great with exercising until recently. I still have been at least exercising for 5 days a week, just losing my ambition. My nutrition has kind of done the same thing, I am NOT usually an emotionally eater, but it seems that lately that may be what I am doing. I didn't realize that a person could change from NOT being an emotional eater, to someone who now is. I find it very frustrating because it means I am going to have to change my perspective on how I deal with increasing stressful situations. I just wonder if this scale thing has really been the root cause of the change in my motivation, almost like it is sabotaging my efforts. Once a cycle starts, it sure seems so difficult to break. I think that it really is time NOT to worry too much about what the scale says, the difficulty in that is going to be the TEAM factor. I sometimes actually feel so down and upset when my weight is up, I feel like I am totally letting my TEAM down. It bums me out SOO very much, but I am afraid in order for me to keep going in the right direction, I am going to have to take the pressure off of myself. I can't FOCUS completely on the scale right now, I just need to FOCUS on what I am doing right, and continue to work on any areas that may need more of an improvement.
WHAT I AM DOING RIGHT:
Drinking plenty of water daily!
Exercising at least 5 days per week for 20 minutes!
ST at least twice a week.
Eating fruit daily!
Eating veggies daily!
Falling back into some unhealthy habits!
Need to intensify my workouts!
Need to procrastinating and getting workouts done earlier in the day!
Track more often!
Eat MORE freggies, fresh food and less processed stuff!
Cook more in the summer, or learn to batch cook to make it easier on myself!
Find Stress relief alternatives!
The art of losing weight is NOT an exact science, but it sure would be nice if there was a foolproof indicator to show you what you are doing right in your journey and what you could use some improvement on.
Monday, June 17, 2013
It was an absolutely fantastic day for a race~ beautiful blue skies, the sun shining brightly, my dear hubby by my side giving me his support on his special day! When I realized that my Color Run fell on Father's Day, I was a bit disappointed because I hadn't been able to get him into the race. With the way his work schedule is, we weren't sure if he would be off for the race or not, and by the time that we found out his schedule, the race was already sold out. My dear love, however, was so gracious to come and support me, and I am so thankful for HIM. He is a WONDERFUL father and a truly FABULOUS husband! Thank you honey!
Before the race...
At the starting line...
I am so proud of myself, I jogged the whole way! It wasn't fast by any means, but it was a personal best for me!
COLOR party, with my daughter getting into the action!
I had an absolute BLAST!!! My hubby and I will be doing another one in August, and our kids want to join in the FUN too!!! Can't wait to have an AWESOME time with the whole family.
We even have a TEAM name, BURNZONFIRE!
Get An Email Alert Each Time LUCYLU22 Posts