Tuesday, March 01, 2011
February Progress Report:
Start weight: 216
End weight: 214
Weight lost: 2 lbs.
Total weight lost this year: 11.5 lbs.
Goal weight progress: 34 more lbs. to go to goal weight!
Onederland progress: 15 more lbs. to reach ONEderland!
Total weight lost: 84 lbs.
My goal was to lose 4 lbs. this month, bringing me to 212 lbs. I didnít reach that, but I know this month I will. Looking back at my calendar I see notes that I need to get more workouts in, and I definitely see a pattern of over indulging on the weekends. I need to stop that. I lost only 2 lbs. this month because I didnít push it like I did in January. I fell off the boot camp wagon, and also overate on weekends and didnít do as much strength training. This is good information to have, it serves as a map to where I would like to be, and how to get there.
My goal this month is to lose 4-6 lbs., bringing me to 210 Ė 208. A huge milestone for me will be reaching 213, which is the weight I was when I married my husband almost 12 yrs. agoÖour anniversary is March 13th, so I will DEFINITELY reach it by then, LOL.
(Yellow is good)
- Created and started a training program to run the Shamrock Shuffle 8K in April. This includes running 3x a week, cross-training, strength and yoga and a rest day.
- Started taking the stairs at work.
- Went out for a walk in the windy Chicago air with my two girls. With the remaining ice and snow, turned into an epic walk.
- I've incorporated weekly outside runs into my training.
- I went sledding and went down face first, on my stomach! Haven't done that since I was a kid.
- I ran at lunch even though I didn't want to and (accidentally) WITHOUT: my ipod shuffle; my HRM and my contacts.
- My favorite pair of black dress pants is finally too big to wear...I've been wearing them baggy for some time now, but now they are falling off and showing too much.
- My wedding BAND fits!!!! I'm 1 lb. away from my wedding weight and I tried it on and it FITS!!!! (This was the smaller band, the larger one that went above this one fit a few months ago).
- I ran in the snow.
- I went to a family party and didnít pig out.
- My underwear is falling down again, time to go down a size!
- I wore new sexy undies.
- I saw some family members I haven't seen in some time and they were shocked by how small I am now.
ABOVE AND BEYOND:
- I have been logging my food on the weekends even though it hasnít been pretty.
- I wore my sports bra to work to ensure that I go to the gym to get my run in.
THINGS IíVE LEARNED:
Anything can be accomplished with the right mindset.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
YOOVIE, who if you don't know (what? go visit her spark page immediately) is a very inspirational Sparker and writer, wrote in her blog today about a wonderful Spark article about 6 word stories. The Daily Spark story can be found here:
In this article the author challenges us to come up with our own 6 word success stories.
I came up with a few:
"From couch potato to joyful runner."
"Lost World's Largest Ball of Tape."
But my favorite one is depicted in the picture below:
"Lost 80 pounds. Gained new life."
In oh, so many ways than one. I love my new life. Thank you, Lord.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Our challenge this week was to create our own boot camp workout. Here's mine, enjoy!
MAIN CHALLENGE: Create a Boot Camp Workout
Create a HARD workout for the main challenge this week. Think Level 2 or 3 of 30 Day Shred, Cathe, Turbo Jam, The Firm, HIIT - things that REALLY push you. You can create a cardio routine, a strength routine, or a blend of both, but it should be challenging and at least 50 minutes long.
BONUS: Do Your Workout
For bonus points, do your workout and blog about it. I will do this on Wednesday or Friday and blog about it.
KATHY'S BOOT CAMP PLAN:
(Feel free to steal this and use any part of it that would be helpful to you).
‚ÄĘ Warm up with light cardio (Coach Nicole‚Äôs Walking workout, Leslie Sansone 1 mile, Walking, marching in place, etc.) (10 minutes)
‚ÄĘ Cardio: Coach Nicole‚Äôs kickboxing workout (10 minutes)
‚ÄĘ Boot camp: Complete all 20 exercises for a 20 minute workout, performing each exercise one after the other for 60 seconds each. (You can also repeat the series 2-3 more times for a longer workout.) Perform 10 reps of each, march in place for a few seconds and repeat 10 more reps until you've hit the 60 second mark.
o Jumping jacks
o Push ups
o Triceps dips
o Biceps curls (using 2-5 lb. weights)
o Side bends (using 2-5 lb. weights)
o Side planks
o Standing abduction
o Side twisting
o Walking lunges
o Jump rope
o Squat jumps
o Squat thrusts
o High jogs
o Stairs: Run up and down the stairs at my house
o High knee drill (running in place, elevating knees with each step)
o Ski jumps (lateral jumps keeping feet together)
o Reverse crunches
o Bicycle crunches
‚ÄĘ Cool down with 10 minutes of light cardio and stretching
Total workout time: 50 minutes.
Images from South Florida Sports Leage and USMC fitness boot camp.
Get An Email Alert Each Time LOTUSFLOWER Posts