Sunday, August 23, 2009
That is right! I have been a part of this amazing website for one year!
As I think of the accomplishments and set backs of the first year, I have realized I have learned so much!
Here are just a few things that I have learned.
1. You will do it when your ready. I signed up and created this sparkpage a year ago today but I did little if anything until mid January, early February.
2. It is NEVER to late to start. I don't care if you are 600 pounds or 60 years old or both! You can make a change in your life. I have read so many blogs, spark pages of success stories of people who do incredible things!!
3. It is really hard, if not impossible to do it on your own! If it hadn't be for the support I have received and given to different people I would have never done what I have done!
4. There will be set backs! No matter how much you have to lose, whether it is 10 pounds or 600 you will go through set backs, old habits that refuse to die or your own emotions that block your progress!
5. As you lose weight some of the people you thought would be your biggest supporters turn out not to be and visa verse! The people you thought might hold you back turn out to be your biggest supporters!
6. Regardless of how much or little you weigh. Life is so much better when you are physically fit! Everything is better when you don't get winded going up a flight of stairs or you not having the energy to make it through your day!
I have learned so much in this past year and I am so grateful for all of my sparkfriends and for Sparkpeople.com!!