Monday, June 28, 2010
It has been a rocky road for the past year. I was so happy to hit my goals. I almost thought of going further but decided I didn't want to have to buy anymore new clothes! LOL
Here is a recap of my story and what has been going on with me in the past year.
1. I went on a wonderful vacation with my family a year ago today. I was fit and strong. I had stamina and enjoyed every minute of it.
2. For the first time in my life I really liked the way my legs looked. I had muscle definition and I wore short for the first time in YEARS.
3. I was tons less moody and I felt I was a better wife and mother.
4. I was much more out going and pushed past my personality to be withdrawn and shy.
5. I got to the point where I didn't feel the need to track every meal. I was able to listen to my body and eyeball portions. Filling up on things like veggies, fruit and protein before eating starches and sugar. I did track 2-3 times a week just to keep myself on track.
Not so Good Things:
1. On my vacation I got my addiction to sugar back. Eating marshmallows, s'mores and ice cream everyday for two weeks.
2. A person, who I thought was a very good friend, and I had a falling out of sorts and it hit me very hard.
3. My husband lost his job in September. Got another one at the end of March and now makes less than half of his previous income.
4. I exercised with a new pair of shoes that didn't fit correctly and caused pain in my foot that has been off and on for about 6 months.
5. I stopped exercising for up to a month at a time over the winter. Then would do a week then take another month off.
6. I started eating sugary snacks and stopped tracking altogether.
1. I gained 10 pounds back from my goal weight and I am now struggling to get it "back together"
2. I still like the way my legs look. The weight all came back into my bust, stomach and thighs but my calves look great!
3. I was, for awhile really moody again but I have started exercising in the past couple of months on a regular basis (not like I was a year ago) and my mood is starting to even out again.
4. Still fighting my sugar addiction but I am getting better.
Goals for the next year:
1. I signed up for a half marathon I will walk it. I have started my training and now need to step it up a bit. I have 3 months to be able to walk for up to 4 hours.
2. I have joined the Official Stress Buster Team to try to get better balance between my exercise, keeping up with the house and dealing with the stress of paying the bills with less money.
3. Get back down to my original goal weight and stay within 5 pounds of that goal.
A Special Thanks to all of my SP Friends that have helped keep me accountable and supported and encourages me still today. This is a life long journey and over all I am happy with what I have done in the past year.