Tuesday, July 17, 2012
I borrowed this from SARASMILING. She posted it on her blog this morning and I thought it was a great exercise to perform myself. We all have roadblocks that are keeping us from our goals.
BONUS (20 or 0 Points):
For the bonus this week, identify two 'personal roadblocks' that are hindering your success. We all have individual challenges or triggers that make it hard for us to make consistent progress towards our goals. Tackling these, head on, could help us get to our goals and stay there. Share your challenges with your team, along with at least 3 things you can do to begin to overcome those roadblocks.
My personal roadblocks:
1) snacking - I can't resist vegan sweets. If I find a vegan cookie I feel I deserve a treat and eat it. I know WF has vegan cookies so I will go directly to the bakery and buy 3 or 4 of them and eat one every night.
2) not measuring my portions - too much of a good thing is still too much.
How to overcome my roadblocks:
1) When the snack urge comes at 8pm I will drink a glass of water and meditate for 10 minutes.
2) If that doesn't work I will do dishes, do laundry, pick up clutter or clean something until it's too late to snack.
3) Start weighing and measuring my portions and track everything I put in my mouth. If I can't track I will write it down. Seeing it in writing is often eye opening.
I've had these challenges for a while. If you have read some of my blogs you know there is a recurring theme. I need to figure out why the snacking is such an issue for me now. Maybe through meditation I can work through that.
What are your roadblocks?