Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Motivation is a grand idea!! That is all it is you know. It is an idea that pops into your head that makes you decide that your going to do something. It can arise from another persons actions or words, from other idea's of who or what you want to be, it can be triggered by senses such as sight, sound etc. and you know what...I am to say that people at Sparkpeople.com motivate me. Thank you!!!
So what motivates you? Here is my list of motivators!
1. My children. I want them to be happy and healthy and I want to set a good example for them. I also want to be healthy enough to enjoy them.
2. SPARKPEOPLE!! I have met some very wonderful people here, two of them in person. They make me accountable. I love that. I love the idea that I can't say no because I would be letting some one else down. Not that I have wanted to say no yet...because I actually crave getting together to walk now. I can't wait until the next time I walk or hike, and I love that too. Its nice when you have such wonderful people to encourage and motivate you. I thank God for bringing me to Sparkpeople.
3. People at work who spend their lunch hours walking, going to yoga and making up challenges to see who can walk the most steps. I really need to join that challenge now that I am walking every day 2-3 times a day!!
4. Photo's. I like to look at photo's of people and places. That makes me want to be fit, and to look beautiful because I want to enjoy certain experiences that make me uncomfortable because of my weight!!
So, thats what motivates me. Thank you Sparkpeople...and I don't mean the site...I mean the people on the site. You are all so wonderful!!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
I am very excited about being a part of Spark People. I am excited about meeting my goals. BUT, I have been a little down lately. It seems that I have not been able to find the time to excersize. I work until 7 pm, so it is very hard to squeeze in. I don't know many people, I am a military wife so, needless to say I move so much that my friends are scattered throughout the US.
I need help. I need a buddy. And I am wondering if there is anyone that might be close to the Meridian area in Englewood. Someone who say, could meet me and walk with me on my 45 minute lunch break. Maybe some one I can go hiking with or to the gym with.
I hate to be alone. And since my husband is not an active person, I typically end up doing whatever he is doing, which usually involves a lot of nothing.
If there is ANYONE who may be in that area, or on Buckley AFB who I could buddy up with...please drop me a line. I am in desperate need of a picker upper, a buddy, and some one with similar goals as I have.
Thanks for reading!!!
Friday, August 03, 2007
I am finally done working my weekend job! What does that mean?
That means that
- I can spend more time with the kiddo's
- I can focus more on me and losing weight
- I can go to the gym
- Less stress on body and mind ...... and feet
So, new motivator. Sister In Laws wedding. I hope to be at least 25 lbs lighter if not 30 by November.
My Goals -
- Meet new people from Denver area to buddy up with
- Get my but out and working out
- get my friends to join me
Have a GREAT day!!! I am off to work. Wish me luck...and Join me in my quest!!
Monday, June 25, 2007
This is the end of my struggles. I just know it!
Yesterday, I joined SparkPeople. Today I began my new diet. I am also began taking Alli, a new FDA approved fat blocker along with multi vitamins and B12.
I have compiled my own notebook for a weight loss journal that I have assembled to meet my needs. I have found those store bought books don't have the things I need. I went to Sparkpeople and made a menu for the week, and a grocery list. I went to Phentoremine.com and printed their free journals and log pages as well as the cover page and tips. I have put the cover page in the front of my notebook, and assembled it all to fit my needs. ( I don't and never have used Phentormine, but the website is helpful).
This is the end of my past and the beginning of a new me. I am going to be successful, and I am going to win this battle!!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Today was bad day for me. Had to work at AMFAM over the weekend. Today all systems were down and I began to get extremely tired, and bored. Tried to keep myself busy on the internet for a while, but didn't work so well. At lunch I walked to the vending machine. BAD idea. Got one of those dinner buckets with potatoes and ham. Wasn't very good, but I ate it anyway. Then..I had nuts. Went to the mall and I ate a whole box of a 2 entree dinner, 2 snicker doodles, and then went to Champs and had some chips and dip and mudslide!! What is wrong with me? I feel sick now. I just want to throw up.
Get An Email Alert Each Time LISIELOVE Posts