Monday, July 28, 2014
Good morning. Last few days of July already. Summer is about over and it's almost time for the kids to head back to school.
My weekend was boring as usual but that need to change and quickly. Time to get back to life. Sad part is since I stopped shopping I'm like what else is there to do?! So sad...but I'm not shopping until I lose so much weight I have no choice. I have waaaayyyy too many clothes and have no room for more. It's really ridiculous. I have to admit that. I guess I was feeding that part of me and thank God I've been delivered. Now time to get my financial house back in order. I want to travel and take spur of the moment vacations and I will do that.
Now on to my 21 day challenge. This is a challenge I'm placing myself on to get back on track and make some progress. The challenge consist of:
1. Smoothies twice a day ...breakfast and lunch (I'm using the 10 day smoothie cleanse book by j.j. Smith). She has a lot of recipes in the book for various ailments/symptoms. The first 10 days I'm doing the detox recipes. Her book is set up for 10 days of smoothies only or you can do it like I'm doing. This is my second time doing the smoothies. Last time I did 10 days and I think I lost about 10#s and felt amazing.
2. I'll have snacks of fruit and veggies only during the day and a dinner of meat and veggies only.
3. I'm allowing myself one cup of coffee a day without sugar, gallon of water daily and green tea
4. 21 straight days of exercising. Which will be cardio, weights and stretching
5. No sweets
My goals or what I hope to achieve:
1. Lose 10-15 pounds
2. Detox from my sweet tooth binges
3. Build more muscle and strengthen my knee and leg
4. Jump,start my weight loss journey again
I know that this journey gets rough at times and I stumble and fall often. I've done some praying this weekend about this challenge and this journey. I know God is faithful and He is going to do his part. Now I have to do mine. So to help me stay on track and to be held accountable I have as of this morning texted my village, my family.
I sent a text to my family asking them to hold me accountable on this journey to finish this challenge. I told them what I'm doing, what my goals are and asked them to help me stay on track. I also invited them to take up the challenge with me. Then I sent a text to my honey and asked him the same. Now he's with me more than anyone and I know he'll hold me accountable. I even gave him permission to get on me when I act crazy as he calls it (when I'm snappy with him) lol!
As with any journey the first few days are easy (for me). Because you're excited about it. It's the weekend and the following days that I need the most support and encouragement. I'm also sharing this here so my spark friends can hold me accountable as well. I'm also doing this with a friend girl that lives in another state, we're both after our surprises and promises from our boos...well she is.
Sorry this is so long but I had to get it down... So I'm off to make day#1 successful