Monday, January 03, 2011
You might ask what is “positive thinking” and what can it do for me?
Well “positive thinking” is a mental attitude that we all possess that let our mind see thoughts, words and images that are conductive to growth, expansion and success. It is a mental attitude that can reap good and favorable results. When you have a positive mind, you can anticipate happiness, joy, health and a successful outcome of every situation and action. Whatever the mind expects, it finds.
Positive thinking does not come easy for some of us. In order to make positive thinking yield results, we need to develop a positive attitude toward life, expect a successful outcome of whatever we do, but also take any necessary actions to ensure our success. Below are some tips that will help harness the power of “positive thinking.”
1. Always use only positive words while thinking and while talking. Use words such as, 'I can', 'I am able', 'it is possible', 'it can be done', ‘it will be done’ etc.
2. Allow yourself to maintain only feelings of happiness, strength and success.
3. Always try to disregard and ignore negative thoughts. Refuse to think such thoughts, and replace them with positive happy thoughts.
4. In your conversations with others use only words that bring to mind feelings and mental images of strength, happiness and success.
5. Before starting any plan, visualize plainly in your mind the successful outcome.
6. Read at least one page of inspiring book every day.
7. Watch movies that make you feel happy.
8. Limit the time you listen to the news and read the papers.
9. Associate yourself with people who think positively.
10. Always sit and walk with your back straight. This will strengthen your confidence and inner strength.
11. Always walk with confidence, eyes straight ahead, like you have a purpose in mind. Never walk with your head down.
Remember by thinking positive and expecting only favorable results and situations, we can enjoy a more fulfilling life.