Tuesday, January 01, 2013
This is a prayer that I found on the internet. It seemed to sum up what I'm feeling today and contains most of my resolutions for 2013.
God of our yesterdays, our today, and our tomorrows.
We praise You for Your unequaled greatness.
Thank You for the year behind us and for the year ahead.
Help us in Your new year, Father, to fret less and laugh more.
To teach others to love by loving them.
Knowing, when Love came to the stable in Bethlehem, He came for us.
So that Love could be with us, and we could know You.
That we could share Love with others.
Help us, Father, to hear Your love song in every sunrise,
in the chirping of sparrows in our backyards,
in the stories of our old folks, and the fantasies of our children.
Help us to stop and listen to Your love songs,
so that we may know You better and better.
We rejoice in the world You loved into being.
Thank You for another new year and for new chances every day.
We pray for peace, for light, and for hope, that we might spread them to others.
Forgive us for falling short this past year.
We leave the irreparable past in your hands, and step out into the unknown new year knowing You will go with us.
We accept Your gift of a new year and we rejoice in what's ahead, depending on You to help us do exactly what You want..
I say it again, we rejoice!
In Jesus name,
Happy New Year to all my Spark Friends!
Saturday, December 15, 2012
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
May the comfort and the love of the Lord help our nation through this difficult time.
Friday, November 30, 2012
As the month of November comes to an end, I'm taking a moment to assess my goals for this month and how well I did:
1) Mr. Scale being put a way for the month...I'm giving myself a 'C' for this goal. I ended up weighing myself daily at the beginning of this week. I could feel my pants getting just a little bit tighter than normal, so I had to see what the damage was. I gained 5# this month! I know some people can go with out weighing themselves. At this point, I can't. I need to see the number to hold my self accountable. I know I need to work on this, maybe for my December goal, I could put the scale away and only weigh myself, once a week. We'll see...
2) Sit-ups/Push-ups...'A'. I had no problem with this one. The hardest part was remembering the day. Yesterday, I ended up doing them at 8:00pm at night but, I did them!
3) 360 minutes of exercise/week.....'A'. For next month, I'm bumping this total up to 400 minutes/week.
4) Daily Devotional....'B'. I missed a handful of days but, for the most part, this has become a good habit. I'll take 5 minutes before heading out the door for the day to read. By doing this, I'm able to contemplate the reading during my 20 minute commute to work. It's a great way to start the day.
5) 100 oz of water/day...'A'. I'm a water drinker. About two years ago, I gradually phased out my diet coke habit and I haven't looked back since. I'm lucky if I have a diet soda, once a month
6) Random Act of Kindness/day...'C' One the days that I remembered I accomplished this goal. Most days, I was so involved with myself, that I forgot about this one. I have a plan for next month, regarding this goal.
7) Read 60 minutes/day for my own enjoyment...'B'. Up until this week, I was doing wonderfully with this goal. I'm on a stay-cation this week and with all the errands and items on my to-do list, I've completely forgotten to read. Yikes!
On to December's goals:
1) Cut my coffee consumption to one mug (14oz)/day.
2) Weigh myself once a week. Today's motivational article has some great tips that I'm going to start working on. The article can be found here:
3) Donate blood. I use to donate many years ago and it was one of those things that has fallen along the wayside. During the busy holiday season, blood banks often face shortages of blood. It's a wonderful time of the year to start donating again.
4) Try one new veggie/recipe a week. When it comes to the dinner menu, I have fallen into a rut. With just my DH and I to cook for I have no reason not to try new items. So, next week, I'm going to try Kohlrabi. I'm also looking for new recipe ideas, so let me know if you have something tasty.
5) Stretching 10 minutes a day. I have absolutely no flexibility. Cardio, I kick butt. But, my hamstrings are tighter than banjo strings. I can't touch my toes, that's how tight I am. Need. To. Work. On. That.
6) Random Acts of Kindness. Since I didn't do so well with this goal in November, I'm going to try again in December. I follow this blog "Back to Her Roots" written by the wonderful Cassie. Every time I read her posts, I'm inspired to be a better person. She had posted a few months back, this post about the month of Intentional Kindness, which inspired me to do that for the month of December. Her post and download may be found here:
Good luck to everyone as they reassess their goals for December.
Saturday, November 17, 2012
I'm not quite sure where the month of November has gone but, we are over half-way through! Next week is Thanksgiving, already. Yikes!! Somewhere between today and Thursday, I have 4 pies to make for our family get together.
My goals that I had set at the beginning of the month are going great. I've gotten in my water, 360 exercise minutes/week, sit-ups and push-ups.
For my devotional time, I spend just 10 minutes in the morning reading my daily devotional before heading out the door for the day. I have found it's a great way to start my work day; it centers me in God's world before heading out into my world. My random acts of kindness has sometimes been as simple as smiling at a stranger and saying hello. Another day, I purposely left my change in the vending machine for the next person to find. Nothing big but, I'm hoping those simple acts will have brightened someone's day.
As for Mr. Scale...I've struggled with this one. Not weighing myself is causing me to rely on myself and to honestly assess how I've been doing. Trusting myself and knowing that I'm doing the right thing by eating healthy and exercising have been very hard for me these past two weeks. I'm pushing forwarded with this goal but, there are some day's that I really want to cave in and see what the number is.
In Wisconsin it is opening weekend of deer hunting. I'm not hunting this year but instead I will be spending the day with two of my dearest girlfriends. They make me smile and laugh until my sides hurt. We are going to a few small towns and shopping at some local boutique stores. It should be a wonderful day and I'm going to savor every minute of it.
Get An Email Alert Each Time LIFEISPURRFECT Posts