I have a daughter, aged 22, in her 4th year of college... we tease her that she is on the 10 year plan...! but actually she changed her major from nursing to Music Education midstream. So she now has to go 6 years instead of 4. But that's ok. She is doing what she LOVES!
She tried out for wind symphony orchestra 2 years and didn't make it. But then this year she made it! What great timing... she is going to be part of the orchestra that will be accompanying Neal E. Boyd (winner of last year's "America's Got Talent" show). He is a wonderful opera singer with such passion and soul. He is actually from the town I was born in, Sikeston, Missouri! and went to High School with 2 of my cousins! I cried every time I watched him on TV so I can't imagine how wonderful it will be to hear him sing Friday night along with my daughter playing in the orchestra accompanying him!
She texted me tonight that he will be in Cape Girardeau on Thursday and that they will have reshearsals with him that night. How awesome is that! I told her, you can always say you played with someone who was a millionaire! Plus a Christian! If you have never heard him sing, I am sure you can do a search for him on Utube. I don't think we are supposed to post links to other sites on our blogs.?
This will be my reward of the month to go there and hear her performance and get to enjoy a wonderful night! Plus I am going tomorrow night and buying a new outfit (with my new weight!) to wear!
I am currently doing 3 different challenges. I sure hope I haven't over extended myself!
1) MY SP Class team is doing a "Getting ready for Spring Challenge"! I am so excited for this one. I am working as a team leader for this one, so I will have to really make myself accountable!
2) I enjoyed doing Bootcamp so much that a group of us are continuing on doing this! I felt like 30 days of it just got me started. It was a great way to really jump start me into excercising every day!
3) And my team "40 somethings with 50-99 lbs to lose" is doing daily mini challenges. Those have been great!
Some of my personal goals I want to achieve for the next 60 days are:
1) Log onto SP every single day and log every meal and fitness minute!
2) Eat 5-7 fruits & vegies every day!
3) Getting more sleep!
4) Do more workouts on the weekend - I have a tendacy to be lazy on the weekends.
5) Cut down on the diet cola that I drink. I have now been smoke free for 8 months so I can do this also!
Ok, enough for now...really really going to bed now!
Well, I made it through DAY 25 of bootcamp and onto Day 26! I have achieved some goals & not quite made some others. I haven't really lost much weight after starting this.. which has been quite depressing. But I also haven't taken any of my measurements. I had decided not to do any measurements until the last day of bootcamp, so I can only hope those can reflect all my hard work!
I feel like I am making a big difference though, my pants seem to be much looser and I am a lot more energetic! I wanted to try to get up early & do my workouts before work, but that has not happened. I have never been a morning person, so I guess that is one thing that I just am not able to achieve! I'm too much of a night owl!
But... good things... I have been a Girl Scout leader for 16 years! Started off with my oldest daughter's troop when they were daisy's and continued with my youngest daughter's troop also when they were daisy's. My current troop which started 11 years ago is still going strong! We have 6 young ladies between the ages of 15-17 years old! I am so proud of them continuing on with this. There have been several over the years who have dropped out unfortunately.
We have currently been working on 2 badges.. "Healthy Women" and "Creative Cooking". I so enjoy sharing with these girls the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle. Making good choices for food, excercise and life choices! We did an awesome activity tonight where we made fruit kabobs & talked about the food pyramid and calories, etc. They really loved doing this and took fruit home with them for tomorrow's lunch.
I'm so proud of how these girls are progressing as teenagers. We are all getting ready to work on our Gold Awards which is the highest award a Girl Scout can achieve.
I am looking forward to participating in their last 2 years as Girl Scouts but also sad at the same time!
Ok, today's been awesome!
1) My internet is finally fixed by the telephone guy -- I don't have to wait forever for a video to load! I love doing SP videos!
2) I had so much fun completing today's bootcamp challenge!
3) I have been dancing all day...(luckily you can't see me!). One of the teams I am on, that was the challenge. To dance to your favorite songs and use all kinds of body parts while you are doing so. This has been awesome! My girls gave me an MP3 player loaded with my fav songs for Christmas. The intent was to use this for my walking but woo hoo! double duty, DANCING!
4) I have an awesome hubby who will even go grocery shopping with me!
5) I have great friends on SP and here at home!!!
6) I got a wonderful package in the mail today!
Hi all... I've been doing bootcamp! Yippee! But all of a sudden my internet provider has given me this extra bonus of a "faster service". Which all of a sudden has instead = into slowville. The videos on here are loading extremely slow... I'm having to let them load for 3x more and then replay them to actually do them. I will of course be calling tomorrow to complain.
But my sweet hubby stated to me that he would be happy to "load" the videos so they would be buffered by the time I woke up, as I had challenged myself to get up earlier to do my workouts in the AM instead of PM. I am having to load the videos for at least 3 x the amount of time it takes to play them than they regularly do. So I was toched by his sentiment today. He is supporting me greatly but not yet wanting to actually join in!
I was not able to get up early enough this past week to get any of the videos done as they would not load up for me in time for me to go to work. I'm so excited to my dh to do this for me but I will also be calling my ISP to get this straightened out!
You can't imagine the frustration... or maybe you can... to be laying or sitting there waiting for these videos to load!