Tuesday, January 04, 2011
It's back to the basics for January! I have to admit, I let my nutrition go this last month and the scale finally told me about it. I can blame it the holidays, my birthday, emotional stress, or any number of things, but when it comes down to it, I have no one to blame but myself! It's time to get back on track! I'm going back to the basics...recommitting myself to old goals--goals that I reached but have since slacked on. Goals that I know have gotten the results before....goals that WILL bring me success again!
1. Drink my 90 ounces of water a day! No excuses, JUST DO IT!
2. Eat more fruits and veggies.
3. Get moving! There's no excuse to not exercise AT LEAST 10 minutes a day!
4. Pack snacks and stay away from that devil they call chocolate!
5. Eat clean. No fast food, less boxed food, and more fresh produce! If it doesn't go bad, it's bad for you. Simple as that.
6. Try new recipes.
7. Pack kids backpacks and make sure homework is done EVERY night!
8. Play the Wii with my kids!
9. Keep up the house and laundry. It ain't cleanin itself!
10. Live healthy! If I want to be healthy, I need to LIVE healthy...in ALL aspects of my life!
2011 is going to be my year to SHINE! NO more excuses! I'm JUST DOIN IT! WHO'S WITH ME?!!
Friday, December 31, 2010
And for a minute there I thought no one would remember my birthday! Silly me! You guys are WAAYYY too awesome for that! Thank you SOOO much for all of my wonderful birthday wishes! Have I told you lately how much YOU ROCK?!!
My kids are super excited about it being my birthday. My son was the 1st to wake up this morning so that he could make sure to turn on the Christmas/”Birthday” lights for me and wish me a happy birthday! It’s so sweet to hear your kid say, “Have a wonderful birfday, Mommy!”
So in honor of my ‘birfday’ I’m going to make a list of “woo-hoos” to celebrate! Why? Cuz it’s my birfday and I can! LOL
1. I got 2 pairs of MEDIUM pajama pants for Christmas and by golly, THEY FIT! WOO HOO!
2. I got my first bruise on my hip bone the other day because it actually sticks out a bit now! I was like, OUCH, WHOA.. COOL! LOL I’m so proud of my first hip-bone injury! WOO HOO!
3. I actually have a STERNUM! I think I’ve been able to feel it before but the other day as I undressed in front of the mirror I was like, “What’s that line on my chest?! I felt it and examined it and by golly, I have a sternum TOO….that SHOWS! WOO HOO! Lol
4. I finally bought myself a reward I’ve been wanting---a HOT pair of jeans with beads and cute finishings on the booty…and guess what?! They’re size 8! I was completely satisfied in my size 12’s, which USED to be my skinny pants size. But now…size 12’s are my fat pants! That’s insanely awesome!! SIZE EIGHTS BABBYYY! WOO HOO!
AND…I got the best gifts for Christmas and my birthday! When my parents asked me what I wanted I said anything in the fitness aisle at Target or Walmart…that aisle is like heaven to me, lol! I got a yoga ball, a yoga mat, and a Wii Fit!!! AWESOME!
2011…you better watch out, I’m gonna OWN YOU!
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
My heart is heavy today knowing that Shannon (TANSHAN1) has lost her battle with cancer. I've been reading over her page and just can't get over how inspiring she was. I became friends with her shortly after I came to Spark and loved her from the second I found her page. She lived like she was living, NOT like she was dying. She had a passion for life and was an awesome leader of The DONE Being the Fat Girl team. Her presence here on Spark touched hundreds of people and has inpsired the lives of many. She said that it "was all about the ATTITUDE" and she couldn't have been more right. Her awesome attitude was contagious, and still is! A lot of you already know her, but for those of you who didn't, stop by her page and check it out. You will leave there a better person.
I'm going to copy and paste the Spark email that I was sent by one of Shannon's best friends:
I think it would be grand if everyone that will, will send out a thoughtful card to Shannon's family. An outpouring of love is what this family needs right now.
There will be a memorial service, (they have not made the arrangements yet). Shannon told me that she wanted to be cremated. I am sure that they will respect her wishes.
Shannon was very close to her Father & sister Melinda.
Please keep them in you thoughts & prayers,
Her address is:
270 Baffle Lane
Bismarck, AR 71929
Her Father's name is Bruce Buck if you address it to him in "C/O" he will open it. Also, her older sister's name is Melinda Smith if you would like to "C/O" her.
RIP Shannon --May you be as influential in heaven as you were on earth.
Heaven DONE got another angel today.
Here is a link to her page and an amazing blog of hers:
Get An Email Alert Each Time LESLIES537 Posts